The Student Room Group

CPR

I have applied for Cpr reasons because my father was very unwell in Portugal so I went to Portugal to stay with him as he felt very weak and had severe headaches all the time I didnt suspend my studies because my intentions were to come back as soon a he felt better but it took longer than expected so I didnt complete my assignments which made me fail the course .
I have send a letter to SFE explaining the situation and i've sent papers from hospital proving that my dad was in hospital for a few days but I got a letter back sayig it was rejected because the evidence was not enough and I needed a letter from my tutor but when it happened I didnt speak to nobody as my plans were to return as soon as possible

My question is what other evidence shall I send that will be accepted.
and if i was to ask the hospital in Portugal to write a note what shall the letter say

( I hope this wasnt too confusing )
Original post by Soorayaa
I have applied for Cpr reasons because my father was very unwell in Portugal so I went to Portugal to stay with him as he felt very weak and had severe headaches all the time I didnt suspend my studies because my intentions were to come back as soon a he felt better but it took longer than expected so I didnt complete my assignments which made me fail the course .
I have send a letter to SFE explaining the situation and i've sent papers from hospital proving that my dad was in hospital for a few days but I got a letter back sayig it was rejected because the evidence was not enough and I needed a letter from my tutor but when it happened I didnt speak to nobody as my plans were to return as soon as possible

and if i was to ask the hospital in Portugal to write a note what shall the letter say

Hello,

So when it comes to CPR the best kind of evidence you can provide is detailed and specific evidence (dates, circumstances etc) that has been signed and is also on an official document.

My assumption is that if you are providing a letter from the hospital then they would need to see from that letter that you were caring for your father consistently, if they could advise this was the reason you left university this would probably be quite helpful however that might be a reach. I'm not sure how much weight this would hold as it will only cover the few days your father was in hospital for.

If you can think of any tutors at the institution or support staff (student administration) they might be able to offer a letter detailing what they are asking for and need.

I hope you get this approved and that this information helps.

Patrick :lep:
(edited 4 years ago)

Hi there,

As you've been advised that we need a letter from a teacher/tutor then this would be the proof we require to consider you for CPR. Your teacher will need to confirm what happened, when and how it affected your studies.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

As you've been advised that we need a letter from a teacher/tutor then this would be the proof we require to consider you for CPR. Your teacher will need to confirm what happened, when and how it affected your studies.

Regards,
Nihad

But the problem is that I didn’t speak to no one at the time so I’m hoping I can get a letter from the Gp in Portugal , just want some help on what should the letter from the doctor say
But the problem is that I didn’t speak to no one at the time so I’m hoping I can get a letter from the Gp in Portugal , just want some help on what should the letter from the doctor say

The requirement for the evidence is the same. Any submitted proof needs to confirm what happened, when it happened and how it affected your studies. Furthermore, where applicable, the proof needs to be signed, dated and on headed paper.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending