The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeships

Hello, anyone else in the process of looking for a degree apprenticeship?
Original post by CE01

Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

If you don't get any answers to it soon, feel free to quote me in again, and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

If you don't get any answers to it soon, feel free to quote me in again, and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:

Him thank you! :smile:
Hi I am. Im currently taking a gap year. Im trying to figure out if you acturally get a degree like you would at university.
Reply 4
Yes you do! From my knowledge anyway
Hi I am currently on my second gap year (:redface:) I started looking too late last year (I planned to go to uni at first) for an apprenticeship so didn’t get one so I am hoping this year I can get a degree apprenticeship!
Reply 6
Hey! I was too busy with exams that I didn’t end up applying in year 13! Now I’m looking though, finished college. What area of degree apprenticeships / apprenticeships are you looking into / interested in?
I want a business management degree so I am looking at project manager, marketing, etc degree apprenticeships! Wbu?
Reply 8
Me too!! Have you found many good companies? I want the exact same degree apprenticeship haha, such a coincidence!
Original post by CE01
Me too!! Have you found many good companies? I want the exact same degree apprenticeship haha, such a coincidence!

No way!! I have an idea of some of the big companies (nestle, EY etc) but nothing has applications open yet, I’m thinking October a few might open! I may have to relocate though as I live in Scotland and not many up here! Wbu?
Reply 10
Original post by Katrinaxoxo
No way!! I have an idea of some of the big companies (nestle, EY etc) but nothing has applications open yet, I’m thinking October a few might open! I may have to relocate though as I live in Scotland and not many up here! Wbu?

Sounds like we're in the exact same boat. I've also been looking at companies such as them! But, just like you, am struggling because none are open yet (which is long!). I've been trying to find more companies that do these types of apprenticeships. I'm likely to have to relocate too as I don't live in a city and most of them are based in big cities like London etc. :smile:
Original post by CE01

yes, I wasn't going to but I had a meeting with my school's career advisor and she told me to start looking into them.
Reply 12
I’m really struggling to find them / a lot of them are not open yet! What area are you looking into?
Original post by CE01
I’m really struggling to find them / a lot of them are not open yet! What area are you looking into?

There are some good degree apprenticeships on this website: https://www.springpod.co.uk/degree-apprenticeships/

Looks like Jaguar Land Rover and Capgemini have opened up applications for their degree apprenticeships. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 14
Thanks :smile: my brother works for capgemini, it looks a good company! I’ll look into them.
Reply 15
Hey, sorry! Have you got any further???
Hey so far no, I have seen a few good degree apprenticeships come up in cities not too far away but they aren’t exactly what I want so I’m holding off, wbu?
im looking at a few, apparently most of the banking ones open in like february.
Reply 18
Original post by Katrinaxoxo
Hey so far no, I have seen a few good degree apprenticeships come up in cities not too far away but they aren’t exactly what I want so I’m holding off, wbu?

I'm not really finding much, struggling!
Reply 19
Hey guys, how did it go??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending