The Student Room Group

Good enough to transfer?

I know academic achievement is not the only aspect of an application taken into account BUT I also know that I need to meet the first year entry requirements to transfer. Is this good enough for an AAA course?
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*
Original post by ujabri
I know academic achievement is not the only aspect of an application taken into account BUT I also know that I need to meet the first year entry requirements to transfer. Is this good enough for an AAA course?
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*

Up to the med school to use their discretion, some might say yes and others not.
Isnt what we think its what they think.
Original post by ujabri
A* - Politics
A - English Lit
C - History
EPQ - A*

They really have no subject requirements to transfer into a medicine course?

Typically no that would not be ok but just ask them.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Up to the med school to use their discretion, some might say yes and others not.
Isnt what we think its what they think.

Oh my god what??? Why’d this get moved to the medicine forum I was asking for politics 😭😭
Original post by ujabri
Oh my god what??? Why’d this get moved to the medicine forum I was asking for politics 😭😭

The answer is still the same. You dont match exactly what they want because you have the grade C. Just like anyone else who fails to meet an AAA entry requirement, then someone who falls below relies on the unis discretion. The difference you will have in your favour will be excellent first year results and possibly going to an excellent uni. Talk to them.
Reply 5
The answer is still the same. You dont match exactly what they want because you have the grade C. Just like anyone else who fails to meet an AAA entry requirement, then someone who falls below relies on the unis discretion. The difference you will have in your favour will be excellent first year results and possibly going to an excellent uni. Talk to them.

Thank you. Do you think they’d look down on my application if i resat?
Original post by ujabri
Thank you. Do you think they’d look down on my application if i resat?

Again you keep asking my opinion when it falls within the discretion of someone else. Different unis have different policies on resits. Imo they tend not to punish as severely , except elite unis may raise the offer. Talk to admissions of your target uni and see what they say.
Reply 7
Again you keep asking my opinion when it falls within the discretion of someone else. Different unis have different policies on resits. Imo they tend not to punish as severely , except elite unis may raise the offer. Talk to admissions of your target uni and see what they say.

That’s why I said ‘do you think...’ but thank you regardless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending