The Student Room Group

Amazon sent and charged me for an order I didn't make!!

I am genuinely so confused.

What do I do? I don't have time to go through the returning process and I shouldn't have to! Has anyone experienced this before? I am so annoyed. First they activated Prime for me when I didn't ask for it and now this. What do I do?

Thanks
I am so confused and annoyed. Should I call them tomorrow?
Original post by Psychotic Psycho
I am so confused and annoyed. Should I call them tomorrow?

Just go through the return process on your orders section.

Tbh I dunno how it would automatically make orders for you, maybe you activated their one touch feature as well as finished your prime trial for the previous month while forgetting to cancel it.
It's not hard to get a refund, I've been taking advantage of their free 1 month trials for about a year now with my excessive amount of bank accounts and emails so can relate to your blunders somewhat.
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Just go through the return process on your orders section.

Tbh I dunno how it would automatically make orders for you, maybe you activated their one touch feature as well as finished your prime trial for the previous month while forgetting to cancel it.

You won't believe this but I got some face cream and my dad thought they sent it to 'try', but I binned it because I have extremely sensitive skin so I don't use product. I logged into Amazon to order printer ink and saw in my orders history that they charged me for it. lmao why does this stuff happen to me?!?!?
It's not hard to get a refund, I've been taking advantage of their free 1 month trials for about a year now with my excessive amount of bank accounts and emails so can relate to your blunders somewhat.

I am such a cheapskate I could never have ordered by mistake. lmao I am one of those people who squint at the screen 10 times to make sure they are ordering the right stuff before they click 'buy'. I am calling them, even if it was £5. its about the principal and the fact that this was my pocket money
You won't believe this but I got some face cream and my dad thought they sent it to 'try', but I binned it because I have extremely sensitive skin so I don't use product. I logged into Amazon to order printer ink and saw in my orders history that they charged me for it. lmao why does this stuff happen to me?!?!?

Oof that's a serious L, wouldn't you have clocked by the packaging though (since they put sold items in their branded boxes). Rarely have I ever heard of Amazon sending out free products.
Oof that's a serious L, wouldn't you have clocked by the packaging though (since they put sold items in their branded boxes). Rarely have I ever heard of Amazon sending out free products.

I am so pissed. My friend was on the phone with me as I opened the packaging, and I literally said to her "wtf there is a random product in my order". She was like "my dad gets free stuff all the time by Amazon" so I thought that was what it was. My order was two textbooks that were packaged but the cream was not packaged, just squeezed between the books in the packaging. Do you think I should complain?

sorry don't know what you mean

yeah, why tf did I think free stuff even existed anymore? lol Seriously tho, I didn't use the product, didn't order it, didn't ask for it and they took my money anfdoiniofvdnoivf
Oh well, just learn from your blunders. Not much else can be said.
sorry don't know what you mean

yeah, why tf did I think free stuff even existed anymore? lol Seriously tho, I didn't use the product, didn't order it, didn't ask for it and they took my money anfdoiniofvdnoivf

Dw, I was under the impression that it came seperately packaged so thought how come you never realised it was from Amazon because of that. They sometimes send the invoice (basically the receipt) with the packaging so it could've popped up on there too.

Quick Reply