The Student Room Group

Can you name a savings account?

I have three accounts - little individual money pots online which I use to divide up and save for different things... problem is they're all called 'Easy saver' so at some point I am going to get confused. Is there a way that I can give them a name so that I can clearly see one is 'Travel' etc.
I am presuming if so it will be able to be done no matter which bank you're with.
Original post by Effysed
I have three accounts - little individual money pots online which I use to divide up and save for different things... problem is they're all called 'Easy saver' so at some point I am going to get confused. Is there a way that I can give them a name so that I can clearly see one is 'Travel' etc.
I am presuming if so it will be able to be done no matter which bank you're with.

I ve done it through online banking before, it won't give you a name on statements but it's named when you look online. I bank with lloyds:smile:
I don't have savings, all my savings are in my brokerage account. I refuse to be paid 0.2% interest.

Well I do have £100 in a bank account for food and travel.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I ve done it through online banking before, it won't give you a name on statements but it's named when you look online. I bank with lloyds:smile:

I'm with Lloyds too! Do you know how you do it? X
Original post by xx_holly_xx
I don't have savings, all my savings are in my brokerage account. I refuse to be paid 0.2% interest.

Well I do have £100 in a bank account for food and travel.

You know you can get 2-5% depending on bank, right? Club Lloyds offers 2% and is free so long as you pay in £1,500. HSBC Regular Saver offers 5% for Advance/Premier or 3% for regular customers.

Original post by Effysed
Is there a way that I can give them a name so that I can clearly see one is 'Travel' etc.

With Lloyds I have named each of my savings accounts for various situations from Insurance Excess to Clothing Allowance.
Original post by PandaSal
You know you can get 2-5% depending on bank, right? Club Lloyds offers 2% and is free so long as you pay in £1,500. HSBC Regular Saver offers 5% for Advance/Premier or 3% for regular customers.

With Lloyds I have named each of my savings accounts for various situations from Insurance Excess to Clothing Allowance.

I know but 2-5% is not enough. In the last 6 months I made 18% on the stock market. I can find you corporate bonds that yield 5-8% (if not more).

I don't think I can pay in £1500, I'm getting around £1200 a month from my university (and another £270 from my one day a week job which I'm quitting in March).

HSBC are ********. I really don't think they give anyone 5%.
Original post by Effysed
I'm with Lloyds too! Do you know how you do it? X

I did it before they changed the layout of the website, I think it was under account services.
Reply 7
On the Lloyds website, from the home screen where the account is listed; "More actions" -> "Account services" -> "Admin" -> "Rename account"
is there anyway to do this with nationwide
Original post by claireestelle
That’s great. How did you name your Easy Saver Lloyds accounts online? I have looked at the options, but cannot see how you name them in the drop down options available. Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Myles2018
That’s great. How did you name your Easy Saver Lloyds accounts online? I have looked at the options, but cannot see how you name them in the drop down options available. Thanks

As Estel said earlier

"On the Lloyds website, from the home screen where the account is listed; "More actions" -> "Account services" -> "Admin" -> "Rename account"

I've trying to do it for ages and finally found this post! It looks like you can only do it on their website though. (Can't find these settings in the app).
You an change the account names on your Online Banking by following below steps:1. Select the 'Manage' tab2. Select the option 'View or change my site settings'3. Select the option 'Change' next to the heading 'My account descriptions'Better late than never, lol.
Original post by ChloeBarry
is there anyway to do this with nationwide

I came across this whilst I was trying to do it myself with Nationwide. I know it is rather late to be replying but maybe it will help someone...

You an change the account names on your Online Banking by following below steps:

1. Select the 'Manage' tab
2. Select the option 'View or change my site settings'
3. Select the option 'Change' next to the heading 'My account descriptions'
This thread is 2 years old...
And?

I came across this when I was trying to find the answer to a question. The same question that had been asked & unanswered on here.

If I found this then the chances are someone else will as well.

So, when I found the answer I came back to leave it for the next searcher to come across.

Is there a time limit on kindness?
Reply 15
Original post by Graspthenettle
And?

I came across this when I was trying to find the answer to a question. The same question that had been asked & unanswered on here.

If I found this then the chances are someone else will as well.

So, when I found the answer I came back to leave it for the next searcher to come across.

Is there a time limit on kindness?

It was helpful, thank you :smile: and someone else will benefit from it too in the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending