The Student Room Group

per

I need to give my personal statement in. However, my work experience for a hospital placement starts one week after my deadline. Is it okay if I write on my personal statement that I have completed the placement already? I will still attend the work experience after the deadline though
Even though it’s not technically a lie, it’s kind of deceitful bc you’ll either have to write a very vague paragraph about what you’ve learnt, or you’ll have to lie and make up scenarios which you could be asked about in interviews and things. Is the deadline set by your school? Or are you referring to the application deadline? If it’s for school then I would ask your teachers for an extension and explain the situation.
Reply 2
Original post by Nadiya_m13
Even though it’s not technically a lie, it’s kind of deceitful bc you’ll either have to write a very vague paragraph about what you’ve learnt, or you’ll have to lie and make up scenarios which you could be asked about in interviews and things. Is the deadline set by your school? Or are you referring to the application deadline? If it’s for school then I would ask your teachers for an extension and explain the situation.

the deadline is set by the school. however the placement can only be done during term time and my school will not authorise that for me.
Reply 3
Original post by navienaa19
the deadline is set by the school. however the placement can only be done during term time and my school will not authorise that for me.

Even if i did ask my school for an extension, they won't allow me to go the placement so there would be no point
Hmmm. How long is the placement? You could tell your teachers you’re doing it on the weekends and still ask for an extension and if it’s only a few days you can just pretend to be sick on the actual work experience days? That’s probably awful advice and I shouldn’t be encouraging you to lie but I’m not sure what else you could do besides write that you’ve done it
Reply 5
Hmmm. How long is the placement? You could tell your teachers you’re doing it on the weekends and still ask for an extension and if it’s only a few days you can just pretend to be sick on the actual work experience days? That’s probably awful advice and I shouldn’t be encouraging you to lie but I’m not sure what else you could do besides write that you’ve done it

the thing is I thought my school would allow me, so I asked them permission but then they said no- so if i do take days off they would know im lying- its very hard
the thing is I thought my school would allow me, so I asked them permission but then they said no- so if i do take days off they would know im lying- its very hard

Are you not allowed to edit your personal statement after the deadline? You could just give it in as it is and then change it after you’ve done your placement?
Reply 7
Are you not allowed to edit your personal statement after the deadline? You could just give it in as it is and then change it after you’ve done your placement?

You can't change it once it's been sent off right?
You can't change it once it's been sent off right?

Yeah you can’t change it when your application is sent off and the deadline for that is October 15th. Is your school deadline for entering you personal statement in and sending it off?? I thought it was just to hand it in to a teacher for them to read it. Either was as long as the school deadline and your work experience is before October 15th there should be some way to change it unless you send off your application
Reply 9
Yeah you can’t change it when your application is sent off and the deadline for that is October 15th. Is your school deadline for entering you personal statement in and sending it off?? I thought it was just to hand it in to a teacher for them to read it. Either was as long as the school deadline and your work experience is before October 15th there should be some way to change it unless you send off your application

my school want to send it all of to make sure no one is lastminute.com- which is actually stressful but idk
my school want to send it all of to make sure no one is lastminute.com- which is actually stressful but idk

Wow that’s really annoying! The best advice I can give is to go talk to your school again and ask them for a solution, so they might change their minds? Sorry I cant be of more help, if nothing works then just write something vague now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending