The Student Room Group

Why do girls treat hijabs like some fashion object??!!!

Ofc that’s not the intended use like wtf
They style their baby hairs and sides at the front of their hair and wear a scarf
Like EITHER WEAR IT OR NOT

and ofc with that they wear makeup and u k use the hijab to complete the look 😱😤🤯🤯🤯

Like right now I saw one such girl and omggg wearing ONLY (I mean nothing on top of it) a black see through kinda stretchy long sleeve top
Like u want ppl to see ur boobs?! We’re Muslim for god sake

Appreciate it
Y don’t ppl do that

Like they wanna be in the fashion and make ppl wanna like them ffs
If u ever get attracted to this kinda girl then y date her if she’s unrespectful or her own religion and wants to show off
Wtff

Scroll to see replies

I suppose they are just unconciously copying the fashion statements that you could see in any of the (French) supermarkets in Ar-Riyadh, when i was there in 1981 onwards. There were many women dressed sensibly & appropriately, but even then a subset of girls wore a perfumed Chanel chador, often black but transparent, deliberately sexy - really from entirely the wrong century! I just assumed they were the rich 1% of the country, daughters of the keepers of the holy mosques, Khadim al-Haramayn as-Sarifayn?

I kept a very very long way away from these nice girls, back then, potential princesses. In UK, the showy girls are probably just going for personal expression too, a bit of rebellion, probably neurologically inevitable at certain ages, with the UK mixed society & cultural pressures and messages from the mass media.

Non muslim guy here, I did get to Makkah, but didn't cross the city boundary, showing respect
Because they want to, let them do it. It’s nice to see a hijabi showing half her hair, shows that Islam’s strictness is getting worn down slowly but surely.
Who cares
Original post by Sannah 21
They style their baby hairs and sides at the front of their hair and wear a scarf

and ofc with that they wear makeup and u k use the hijab to complete the look 😱😤🤯🤯🤯

Like right now I saw one such girl and omggg wearing ONLY (I mean nothing on top of it) a black see through kinda stretchy long sleeve top

Appreciate it
Y don’t ppl do that

If u ever get attracted to this kinda girl then y date her if she’s unrespectful or her own religion and wants to show off
Wtff

Because they get to chose what they wear and how they wear it not you.
Reply 5
Original post by watchingyouwatch
Because they get to chose what they wear and how they wear it not you.

Then don’t be Muslim then
Bro, it’s clearly haraam what’re you talking about

Appreciate it
Y don’t ppl do that

Wtff

I actually agree with everything you are saying and can totally relate . I've seen it happen alot and it bugs me to my core alot . Its like wear it or don't . There's no point half wearing it where it's purpose is defeated.
Because different people have different opinions, priorities and concepts of fashion.
It is the similar with wearing the crucifix; many people wear it as a fashionable piece of jewellery, some as a sign of personal religious faith, others because they want everyone to immediately connect them with a religious identity, some as a good luck charm because they are superstitious and a few because they are forced to.
Reply 9
People just think they’ll fit the ‘trend’ and fit in with others and be popular coz of this
Like wtf

Again, they get to choose to be Muslim and wear the hijab loosely, not you.
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Again, they get to choose to be Muslim and wear the hijab loosely, not you.

Ok but they should no Allah is watching them and they’ll get their punishment

Huh just to be popular and fit the ‘trend’
BS
Ok but they should no Allah is watching them and they’ll get their punishment

Huh just to be popular and fit the ‘trend’
BS

Allah needs to stop staring at them and lower his gaze.

Fortunately you don't get to tell other people how to be Muslim. As in all religions people have a personal relationship with their faith. A rigid demand that people adhere to your personal view of religion is often where the problems start.
stop judging others. some people find it difficult wearing a hijab full time so let them wear it how they like and eventually they will wear it the proper way. you don’t get to decide who’s muslim and who’s not. i can wear lingerie out in public and still be a muslim. mind your business
Reply 15
If they find it difficult then don’t wear it at all!
They k they’re gonna get their punishment in hell or maybe every day or it will come

Isn't the use of the hijab/other coverings one of the most debated things within Islam?

Excellent advice.
If they find it difficult then don’t wear it at all!
They k they’re gonna get their punishment in hell or maybe every day or it will come

I don't believe you.

Appreciate it
Y don’t ppl do that

Wtff

I understand that you feel they’re disrespecting the religion but at the same time it’s not for you to judge anyone. It’s not my place either, only Allah can judge them and making judgements in his place isn’t good. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending