The Student Room Group

I don’t know what to do for my EPQ!!!

Hi I’ve recently picked up an EPQ and am clueless as to what topic I should/can pinpoint to research on. I think it’s best if I do a dissertation, but again I don’t know the topic. I’m doing A-Levels; Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics and am interested in Regenerative Medicine/Biomaterials/Tissue Engineering. And the I can go on to study the aforementioned fields in Uni with my A-Levels (I don’t have to have biology.).
So can you help me choose my EPQ? It would be a great help.
You could do something on stem cells? if you are looking at regenerative medicine then it might be good to look at the ethics behind it (ethic questions or medical questions are quite good to get the analysis marks on) I have got an A in mine on juvenile arthritis as I want to study medicine so you can ask me anything
It’s not specifics to the topics you picked out but based on your subjects I’d say science in general is something you’re interested in. How about something along the lines of the evolution of science, it’s role in society and the impacts it has?
Original post by aarnshn
Hi I’ve recently picked up an EPQ and am clueless as to what topic I should/can pinpoint to research on. I think it’s best if I do a dissertation, but again I don’t know the topic. I’m doing A-Levels; Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics and am interested in Regenerative Medicine/Biomaterials/Tissue Engineering. And the I can go on to study the aforementioned fields in Uni with my A-Levels (I don’t have to have biology.).
So can you help me choose my EPQ? It would be a great help.

I think stem cells with tissue engineering or something like the ethics of biomaterials such as cardiac stents made with stem cells etc.
Reply 4
Original post by star1812
You could do something on stem cells? if you are looking at regenerative medicine then it might be good to look at the ethics behind it (ethic questions or medical questions are quite good to get the analysis marks on) I have got an A in mine on juvenile arthritis as I want to study medicine so you can ask me anything

Thank you for your response. Can you tell me what your title was exactly?
What is the best form of treatment/ management for juvenile arthritis
The only thing I will say is that some unis, e.g. Sheffiled, especially for medical related courses, state that if you want your EPQ to help you with a reduced offer then is has to be related somehow to the course. You could definately do ethics, but make sure it is medical related
Yes I agree I just didn't want anyone to make the mistake that my friend has made doing her EPQ on the polar opposite of what she is applying and it not counting towards a reduced offer.
Reply 8
Hello again,
So thanks to you guys I made a decision in regards to my working title:
“Can Engineered Tissues and Organs Extend The Human Lifespan?”
But now I’m not sure how I’m supposed to put this EPQ on my UCAS application. There is a field for subject and I don’t know what’s supposed to go there. The title doesn’t fit and even if it did I’m not sure if it can be considered the subject of my EPQ. It’s a title.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending