The Student Room Group

19 and desperately need a job

no ones hiring me, I have literally applied to every single sale assistant role (Christmas temp etc) everything from Tesco, to Costa to River Island to Vue to Sports Direct. Basically iv tried everything. I got a interview from River Island and they said they'd call if you got the job but I didn't get the job. Im in desperate need of a job or my parents will be kicking me out :smile: help
Do you have any work experience?
Reply 2
I have work experience in Oxfam for a week, nursery for a week and m&s for a week. that's it

Original post by PetitePanda
Do you have any work experience?
Original post by Lifeismad
I have work experience in Oxfam for a week, nursery for a week and m&s for a week. that's it

Have you tried local stuff?
Reply 4
Do I just go in and give in my cv or how does that work? Local to me is Aldi and iv tried that, got declined

Original post by PetitePanda
Have you tried local stuff?

Do I just go in and give in my cv or how does that work? Local to me is Aldi and iv tried that, got declined

You go into places and ask if they have any vacancies and hand in your cv. Maybe you could try cafes?
no ones hiring me, I have literally applied to every single sale assistant role (Christmas temp etc) everything from Tesco, to Costa to River Island to Vue to Sports Direct. Basically iv tried everything. I got a interview from River Island and they said they'd call if you got the job but I didn't get the job. Im in desperate need of a job or my parents will be kicking me out :smile: help

Try mcdonalds, they take on a lot of students and young people.
How about joining an agency?
There seems to be a lot of warehouse jobs going in general (even more so running up to xmas) so they may be worth a try.

Honestly I’m kinda in the same position but I’m 17. 😬
I’d get someone to read over your CV to make sure you’re saying the ‘right’ stuff and ask people for help with those ridiculous scenario quizzes for some jobs- often people with experience can help you there. Other than that, I’d just say keep applying as that’s what I’m doing. Over Christmas there should be more stuff available hopefully, so a Christmas temp job is my plan atm
Reply 8
Iv tried anything, im not getting any replies back iv applied to almost 100+ jobs in the past week
Try doing a 5 day lifeguard course and then work in a leisure centre. The pay is usually good and the only requirement is being able to swim.
You could do an internship or apprentenship, or start your own business.

And by business I don't mean a huge company, I mean you could offer a skill to someone. I'm 19 and I edit videos for companies and YouTubers which pays good. I've also done FB ads for businesses which is amaizng pay.
Reply 11
Original post by Kirkhamm
You could do an internship or apprentenship, or start your own business.

And by business I don't mean a huge company, I mean you could offer a skill to someone. I'm 19 and I edit videos for companies and YouTubers which pays good. I've also done FB ads for businesses which is amaizng pay.

How do you start off? Just go around asking people if they need their youtube videos editing? Idk im bad at this whole thing
Reply 12

take a look at the catering ,restaurant and hospitality industries- there are jobs. ask agencies as well! you will probably get a job if you do this! or get a job as a cleaner? im not proud- i will work to get money!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending