The Student Room Group

Where to get designer clothes?

Does anyone know where I can get designer clothing. I don't care about brands and stuff plus i'm not really materialistic to buy a jacket for £300 which would cost £30 without the logo.

But, I wanted to change my style so I follow a few guys on instagram for ideas and sometimes the designer clothes actually have nice patterns etc.. so does anyone know a place you can rent designer clothes, I know there' some sort of store to rent designer clothes in London but i'm from Birmingham. OR does anyone know a good fake designer store, I know a lot of cities have a big fake market somewhere in dodgy areas but anything online??
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know where I can get designer clothing. I don't care about brands and stuff plus i'm not really materialistic to buy a jacket for £300 which would cost £30 without the logo.

But, I wanted to change my style so I follow a few guys on instagram for ideas and sometimes the designer clothes actually have nice patterns etc.. so does anyone know a place you can rent designer clothes, I know there' some sort of store to rent designer clothes in London but i'm from Birmingham. OR does anyone know a good fake designer store, I know a lot of cities have a big fake market somewhere in dodgy areas but anything online??

I’d recommend Bicester Village Designer Outlet. That’s where I get most of my clothes 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by Anastasiadis
I’d recommend Bicester Village Designer Outlet. That’s where I get most of my clothes 🙂

Do they have a website or anything?

Or another outlet since not everyone lives in the midlands
Cheshire Oaks or York Designer Outlet have good deals. I get most of my things from Cheshire Oaks. It’s a bit of a travel from Birmingham though
Do they have a website or anything?

https://www.tbvsc.com/bicester-village/en
Original post by HoldThisL
Or another outlet since not everyone lives in the midlands

It's close to Oxford and has a direct train from London. It's also not in the Midlands :rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)

Oh whoops didn't realise you want to rent them...I would just buy a few nice pieces tbh. How much do you have to spend?
Reply 8
Oh whoops didn't realise you want to rent them...I would just buy a few nice pieces tbh. How much do you have to spend?

I do spend a bit when I shop occasionally £400-2000 maybe every 2-3 months, but with that I buy like 30 items from ASOS etc. For designer i'd just want to rent or buy fakes otherwise with £2000 i'd only get like 4-8 items.
Thrift shop.
I do spend a bit when I shop occasionally £400-2000 maybe every 2-3 months, but with that I buy like 30 items from ASOS etc. For designer i'd just want to rent or buy fakes otherwise with £2000 i'd only get like 4-8 items.

Umm not really. At Bicester I've found discounts of over £300 of the RRP. A jacket I got recently from Ralph Lauren was originally £500, I got it for £150
Umm not really. At Bicester I've found discounts of over £300 of the RRP. A jacket I got recently from Ralph Lauren was originally £500, I got it for £150

I know I appreciate the recommendation. A lot of my friends go to Bicester Village like once a year since it's far. I didn't know it was known for this reason. But I guess for me, I'd only be able to go there once a year or so too so it doesn't really work out. If I were to go, i'd want to at least save £5000 and buy a lot otherwise it'd be a waste to go for a few items.

Depop is good (it's online not an actual store). Most of it is second hand though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending