The Student Room Group

Falling from Cloud 9 - Me, and my ever-loosening grip on grade 9s :)

Scroll to see replies

Update 006 - 20.09.19

Es el fin de semana! (That's the weekend for you uncultured folk :lol: ) I'll have a weekly update tomorrow or Sunday but for now, voy a hablar (I am going to talk) about today:

I had double language hence why I'm feeling quite language-y lo siento mis lectores (sorry my readers) Also - if you can't tell I'm quite tired aha so I can't actually judge how relevant anything I'm saying is - but the good news is I don't have too much homework since I did a fair bit last night ~

French worksheet

Geography Test

Maths Questions

RS Homework

Spanish Speaking Qs

And I think that's it - so not too bad, not too bad.

I have just watched some Spanish TV thing on Netflix so umm sorry about ^^ :smile:

QotD: Languages, Take them? Love them? Hate them?
AotD: Take two - love them... apart from when I don't :lol:

Spoiler

Reading this back over has me irritating myself alot
(edited 4 years ago)
Languages are cool :biggrin: Did French at GCSE and loved it. Think I'm going to pick it up again, along with Spanish/Italian/German.

Hope you're having a good week :h:
Original post by Matthew2422
Ahh, that sounds intense... I'm interested in the Spanish... did your course let you use dictionaries in the exam? (And I'm doing French next year - probably not Spanish tho)

Yes they did, but not in listening- but for reading and writing.
I would focus on French if you are more interested in that.

Actually currently dying of the cold so I get to skip band tonight and probably for the weekend as well, so that gives me some time to catch up.Have a nice weekend, anything nice planned?
Update 006 - 20.09.19

Es el fin de semana! (That's the weekend for you uncultured folk :lol: ) I'll have a weekly update tomorrow or Sunday but for now, voy a hablar (I am going to talk) about today:

I had double language hence why I'm feeling quite language-y lo siento mis lectores (sorry my readers) Also - if you can't tell I'm quite tired aha so I can't actually judge how relevant anything I'm saying is - but the good news is I don't have too much homework since I did a fair bit last night ~

French worksheet

Geography Test

Maths Questions

RS Homework

Spanish Speaking Qs

And I think that's it - so not too bad, not too bad.

I have just watched some Spanish TV thing on Netflix so umm sorry about ^^ :smile:

QotD: Languages, Take them? Love them? Hate them?
AotD: Take two - love them... apart from when I don't :lol:

Spoiler

Reading this back over has me irritating myself alot

You seem so on top of your work :thumbsup:

AotD - Take one (in school), trying to learn one at home. - Like them when its easy - hate them when it's not.
(edited 4 years ago)
Languages were the bane of my life. I keep trying to learn more on Duolingo for the hell of it but then. No.

I DO remember some French. I didn't mind French (as opposed to W e l s h which we were forced through and it is a beautiful langauge but it was the most dull course in the world) and I could tell you enough stories of my French lessons (like my French teacher singing Nicki Minaj, etc.)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by noahhh
Languages are cool :biggrin: Did French at GCSE and loved it. Think I'm going to pick it up again, along with Spanish/Italian/German.

Hope you're having a good week :h:

Thanks, you too!

And yeh I just keep having to think to the future and imagine what the reward would be if I learned it to a fluent level... aha - that is basically my only motivator besides getting good grades at GCSE :lol:
Original post by Valeriex
Yes they did, but not in listening- but for reading and writing.
I would focus on French if you are more interested in that.

Actually currently dying of the cold so I get to skip band tonight and probably for the weekend as well, so that gives me some time to catch up.Have a nice weekend, anything nice planned?

Oo lucky you aha...

That's a shame but ig if it means you can catch up its sort of a blessing in disguise lol.
Don't have much planned, just hoping to get all my work done so I can start next week without anything to carry over!
Original post by _Mia101
You seem so on top of your work :great:

AotD - Take one (in school), trying to learn one at home. - Like them when its easy - hate them when it's not.

Do I... Oh dear, not sure this is an overly accurate representation of my procrastination but hey never mind :lol:

You take Spanish A-level don't you? Which one are you trying to learn at home?
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Languages were the bane of my life. I keep trying to learn more on Duolingo for the hell of it but then. No.

I DO remember some French. I didn't mind French (as opposed to W e l s h which we were forced through and it is a beautiful langauge but it was the most dull course in the world) and I could tell you enough stories of my French lessons (like my French teacher singing Nicki Minaj, etc.)

Ahaha Sounds very funny. I often try and pick up a new language on Duolingo, but no, it seems I need a teacher and a timetable to hold me responsible. What is welsh like?

Note - Also if anyone can tell me how to quote more than one post on a post then I'd appreciate that because my non-techy brain can't handle it and I realised I just replied with 4 separate posts in quick succession aha
(edited 4 years ago)
Do I... Oh dear, not sure this is an overly accurate representation of my procrastination but hey never mind :lol:

You take Spanish A-level don't you? Which one are you trying to learn at home?

:nah: I don't even do Spanish :lol: I take French at GCSE, and I'm learning Arabic (trying to) at home.
Original post by _Mia101
:nah: I don't even do Spanish :lol: I take French at GCSE, and I'm learning Arabic (trying to) at home.

Oof thats not awkward...

Oh wait Ik why I wrote that - it's because I was looking at @cloudbubbles GYG just before and simultaneously trying to maths homework oops - and then cus it's a saturday morning = tired. Obviously Ik you're doing GCSEs lol, wow I'm silly sometimes... :lol:

Anyyyway, what do you use to learn Arabic at home?
Thanks, how did you find the workload with just academic subjects? What grades did you get? (if you don't mind me asking) and would you like to be tagged aha?

So far I can only give you my gcse grades since I haven't got my a levels haha. The workload is quite big but to take a language you have to be really good at it., which means there's less of a workload. German is currently the easiest out of all so if you find you French the hardest out of the others don't take it. The sciences and maths workload is understandable though. sure tag me :smile: also if you want a look at my gyg you can: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6094702 :smile: xx
Original post by mpaprika
So far I can only give you my gcse grades since I haven't got my a levels haha. The workload is quite big but to take a language you have to be really good at it., which means there's less of a workload. German is currently the easiest out of all so if you find you French the hardest out of the others don't take it. The sciences and maths workload is understandable though. sure tag me :smile: also if you want a look at my gyg you can: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6094702 :smile: xx

Thanks, will have a look tag me on there as well... :smile:
My gyg still does not have many posts. If you want to look at it. Here is the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6114154
(edited 4 years ago)
Can I have a tag please? :smile:
Yo, I'd like a tag! This looks quite interesting!
Original post by mjhmichael18
My gyg still does not have many posts. If you want to look at it. Here is the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6114154

Will do!
Original post by medicalsupernova
Can I have a tag please? :smile:

Of course!
Original post by Tolgarda
Yo, I'd like a tag! This looks quite interesting!

Thanks!
Thanks!

So, can I get a tag?
Original post by Tolgarda
So, can I get a tag?

Of course :lol: I was just adding you to my next post now :smile:
Week 3 - Let's Procrastinate even when I have no homework to Procrastinate from...

To be entirely honest this week hasn't been too bad, for one thing, I'm not having to carry any homework over to next week! I guess I'll just start with the daily summaries although there might be some repeated stuff from the daily updates.

Monday 16th September -
I was still aching a bit from DofE :lol: oh and Monday was also my double maths and double language day... weird! When I got home I tried to catch up on as much homework as possible - I think I did about 5 pieces since I really needed to catch up after my weekend walking lol.

Tuesday 17th September -
Can't really remember anything too special tbh.

Wednesday 18th September -
I spoke quite in-depth about my after-school Spanish lesson on Thursday's update so go check that out for more, but it was really helpful! And I can't wait to now get into the swing of the language. Part of me is now considering it for A-level aha typical me, one good lesson and I love the subject to pieces. School Photos aswell, ugh so annoying, I was all ready to smile and then the lady said I wasn't looking into the cameras properly aha, anyway yet to see the picture but I think it threw me off. Lucky me. After school, I was really busy with sports and didn't get home until late, so it was a long one on Wednesday and I was left feeling the effects on Thursday (despite my consistent habit of getting 8-9 hours sleep I'm always tired. Anyway on to Thursday...:vroam:

Thursday 19th September -
I was feeling tired so what did I do? I enjoyed a nice long sleep ha what a joke... I got up at the normal time and for some reason (inspired by that Spanish lesson I've already bored you to death with) decided to start watching Elite on Netflix with English Subtitles (which I've been binging since and only have one episode left now :colondollar:) After School did more homework because that's Year 11.

Friday 20th September -
*Embarrassing moment of the week* (maybe this should be a new segment) EMOTW for short :lol: ... then again maybe not. I basically had to run home because I had a super painful eyelash in my eye and no matter how much crying I did it wouldn't come out. What was even worse is that the skin around my eye became red with the tears, I was walking very fast and I was holding my eye... now don't tell me that to an outsider that it doesn't look like I've just had a good old crying session ahaha.

Saturday 21st September -
Got my last bits of homework done and this is the first time in Year 11 that I am homework free! Until Monday I suppose yayyyyy.

Sunday 22nd September -
That brings us to today then... this morning I filled out my Head Boy application form... technically it's called something else at my school but it works as the same thing. I haven't mentioned this yet because I didn't know if I was going to apply, and I still don't really... I'd like to but I'm not certain - might get teased for it yanno. And then I made my first ever neat resources. I decided this year I was going to make digital notes because I can edit them and stuff. But now I'm questioning everything since it took me a whole hour just to write about Prokaryotes, Eukaryotes and Animal/Plant/Bacterial Cells... so if I were to do this for all my subjects it would genuinely take years. Idk, might as well just try instead of procrastinating but yeh.

QotD: Head Boy or Head Girl experiences?
AotD: ^^

Spoiler

Don't' forget to say hello :hello:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending