The Student Room Group

Anyone else wear uniform after school

Just curious really??

Does anyone else choose to stay in their uniform after school?

My dad thinks I'm weird for staying in mine. I dont even bother taking my tie off. The only things I remove is my shoes and blazer.

What do others do??

Scroll to see replies

When I was in school, I used to keep my blazer on too. It’s not weird... it’s laziness 😄 just embrace it
Back when I wore a uniform for school, I would usually keep my shirt and trousers on after school, however I would usually take my tie and blazer off.

Takes me back :beard:

Hated wearing a uniform, and I'm still against the concept. Who on earth said that 16 year olds can't decide when to take a blazer off? If you tried that in a business, you'd get told to frick off.
Reply 3
so u kept your blazer on also. lol. I'm not that bad. think it's the tie that gets to him the most lol
I took my uniform off as soon as I could.
Reply 5
see I dont see the point in changing. it is only clothes after all. i am quite comfortable in my uniform. i know he dont understand why i keep my tie on aswell and keep it as it was on at school
Original post by Simon0276
see I dont see the point in changing. it is only clothes after all. i am quite comfortable in my uniform. i know he dont understand why i keep my tie on aswell and keep it as it was on at school

Suppose at least he can't complain about you losing it.
I used to keep mine on.
Reply 8
Original post by Maid Marian
I used to keep mine on.

all of it including tie etc?
all of it including tie etc?

Yeah but not the blazer.
Reply 10
Original post by Maid Marian
Yeah but not the blazer.

same as me. he thinks I should get changed but at least take off the tie or loosen it.
Reply 11
Original post by vicvic38
Back when I wore a uniform for school, I would usually keep my shirt and trousers on after school, however I would usually take my tie and blazer off.

Takes me back :beard:

Hated wearing a uniform, and I'm still against the concept. Who on earth said that 16 year olds can't decide when to take a blazer off? If you tried that in a business, you'd get told to frick off.

if you hated it why did you keep most of it on tho??
I am opposite to you tho I dont mind it and I dont remove my tie or even loosen it
if you hated it why did you keep most of it on tho??
I am opposite to you tho I dont mind it and I dont remove my tie or even loosen it

That's a fair point. I didn't mind wearing a button-up shirt and trousers. They were pretty comfy (I ended up using the trousers for work where I did a lot of shelf stacking because they were loose and straight legged.)

It's the principle of it really. My school had a policy where you could not take your blazer off in class unless a teacher allowed you to (which I imagine most schools do.) That's a horrendous policy. You wouldn't do that to an adult, no matter the event. People wonder why kids go off the rails when a non-uniform day comes around, or when they are left alone in the classroom for 5 mins, or why they don't organise their own time effectively. We give then no independence to practice with whatsoever, then get pissy when they can't use it. We teach kids to be entirely dependent on authority, and then when that authority messes up we shut up or get called a smart ass. On what planet is anyone ever in a scenario where there is 5 hours of the day where the loo is just out of bounds because someone says so?

Oh sorry I forgot we are gearing up for a dystopian future under Amazon where you are shot for trying to chat to a coworker because they think you're going to unionise.

Sorry. I've been reading a lot of educational literature recently, and forming ideas. University has been a boon. Got a bit carried away. Hope it's entertaining enough.
Reply 13
That's a fair point. I didn't mind wearing a button-up shirt and trousers. They were pretty comfy (I ended up using the trousers for work where I did a lot of shelf stacking because they were loose and straight legged.)

It's the principle of it really. My school had a policy where you could not take your blazer off in class unless a teacher allowed you to (which I imagine most schools do.) That's a horrendous policy. You wouldn't do that to an adult, no matter the event. People wonder why kids go off the rails when a non-uniform day comes around, or when they are left alone in the classroom for 5 mins, or why they don't organise their own time effectively. We give then no independence to practice with whatsoever, then get pissy when they can't use it. We teach kids to be entirely dependent on authority, and then when that authority messes up we shut up or get called a smart ass. On what planet is anyone ever in a scenario where there is 5 hours of the day where the loo is just out of bounds because someone says so?

Oh sorry I forgot we are gearing up for a dystopian future under Amazon where you are shot for trying to chat to a coworker because they think you're going to unionise.

Sorry. I've been reading a lot of educational literature recently, and forming ideas. University has been a boon. Got a bit carried away. Hope it's entertaining enough.

fair enough point. and yes was entertaining. if you kept on your short tho why not just keep on your tie?

I know some people loosen it but I dont because I dont see the point I'm comfortable the way I am. I know I will have a argument about still having it on just now. dont know what the hype is with staying in uniform after school and staying smart.
fair enough point. and yes was entertaining. if you kept on your short tho why not just keep on your tie?

I know some people loosen it but I dont because I dont see the point I'm comfortable the way I am. I know I will have a argument about still having it on just now. dont know what the hype is with staying in uniform after school and staying smart.

My school tie was clip-on, I would take it off and stash it in my blazer pocket when I got home. Dunno why. Was a bit of a faff when I was bending over I suppose.
Reply 15
My school tie was clip-on, I would take it off and stash it in my blazer pocket when I got home. Dunno why. Was a bit of a faff when I was bending over I suppose.

lol fair enough. we dont have them. but their was talk about getting them due to people pulling on each others ties or changing the whole uniform to a more casual polo or summit
lol fair enough. we dont have them. but their was talk about getting them due to people pulling on each others ties or changing the whole uniform to a more casual polo or summit

My school was formed the year I joined in year 7 as it was a new Academy made from the two old schools in the area. They changed from regular ties in the old schools to clip-ons with the new uniform because there was a problem of people pulling on ties and strangling other students as a joke. It was easy enough to stop people from pulling it off, if you put it through the top buttonhole instead of over the top.

Wish they'd gone more casual. Instead they just kept it the same, and the school didn't get any better. One of the best state schools in my area has open necked collared shirts, with a jumper.

They were always going on about having pride in your uniform, but that's difficult when it's not something you want to wear, and not a place you want to be. They used to compare it to the uniform of Wimbledon :rofl:.
took my off as i stepped inside. uncomfortable
The second I got home I’d change into my pyjamas
Reply 19
My school was formed the year I joined in year 7 as it was a new Academy made from the two old schools in the area. They changed from regular ties in the old schools to clip-ons with the new uniform because there was a problem of people pulling on ties and strangling other students as a joke. It was easy enough to stop people from pulling it off, if you put it through the top buttonhole instead of over the top.

Wish they'd gone more casual. Instead they just kept it the same, and the school didn't get any better. One of the best state schools in my area has open necked collared shirts, with a jumper.

They were always going on about having pride in your uniform, but that's difficult when it's not something you want to wear, and not a place you want to be. They used to compare it to the uniform of Wimbledon :rofl:.

I wouldn't want it to be made more casual. looks like primary school. I do have pride in my uniform hence why I keep my tie neat.

blazers could maybe be optional but I think we should all have a formal uniform and forced to wear it neat and with pride. i would hate to wear a polo shirt as my school uniform

Quick Reply

Latest