The Student Room Group

Epq ideas

So I'm doing my epq in a few weeks and am unsure on what topic to pick. I would like to go into criminal psychology/clinical psychology in the future and would like to do my epq on criminals although don't want to go down the typical route of what causes a serial killer or something. Any ideas on specific topics I could do??
Original post by Olxvxa
So I'm doing my epq in a few weeks and am unsure on what topic to pick. I would like to go into criminal psychology/clinical psychology in the future and would like to do my epq on criminals although don't want to go down the typical route of what causes a serial killer or something. Any ideas on specific topics I could do??

Hmm maybe you could look at what makes someone have criminal/ psychopathic tendencies? Like look at parts of the brain, epigenetics, etc. Here's a link that could help you:

https://researchesenglishp7.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/10-incredible-facts-about-the-criminal-brain/
Reply 2
Original post by ThePsychKid
Hmm maybe you could look at what makes someone have criminal/ psychopathic tendencies? Like look at parts of the brain, epigenetics, etc. Here's a link that could help you:

https://researchesenglishp7.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/10-incredible-facts-about-the-criminal-brain/

thank you, this is really useful. do you possibly have any other links/examples of criminals i could use??
Original post by Olxvxa
thank you, this is really useful. do you possibly have any other links/examples of criminals i could use??

You're welcome :smile: and glad to have helped! I don't have anymore links but I'll send some if I have any. But maybe think of using Ted Bundy (an infamous serial killer) as an example? Like maybe take several cases (like a case study-based EPQ and you could analyse each person and state the differences between them and also talk about the similarities).

BTW, If you have anymore questions about EPQ in general feel free to ask, since I did an EPQ too. And word of advice, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!
Reply 4
You're welcome :smile: and glad to have helped! I don't have anymore links but I'll send some if I have any. But maybe think of using Ted Bundy (an infamous serial killer) as an example? Like maybe take several cases (like a case study-based EPQ and you could analyse each person and state the differences between them and also talk about the similarities).

BTW, If you have anymore questions about EPQ in general feel free to ask, since I did an EPQ too. And word of advice, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

Thank you, I was thinking about ted bundy and maybe the Manson murders and ed kemper but id like to think of a topic/question so I could expand furtheron my research. Have you got any tips in general??? Thank you
Original post by Olxvxa

Maybe something like ‘do prisons in the UK help reform criminals’?
Original post by Olxvxa
Thank you, I was thinking about ted bundy and maybe the Manson murders and ed kemper but id like to think of a topic/question so I could expand furtheron my research. Have you got any tips in general??? Thank you

That sounds like an interesting combination for EPQ!

Some tips would definitely be set up realistic deadlines for yourself to complete parts of the EPQ and do your best to meet those deadlines so that you don't think you have plenty of time and end up rushing all of it at the end. Don't forget to make notes on journals you read so you don't have to read it again. Also, it would be useful if you have access to resources such as JSTOR (ask your teacher). Oh and when writing paragraphs, use the PEEL'd format. I think thats about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending