The Student Room Group

textbooks

For some of my modules they say we should have certain textbooks. Just wondering if it’s essential to have them? They’re really expensive, like £50 for one bloody textbook!!! I ain’t paying that much. I’ve tried looking for 2nd hand ones but can’t find any. Anyone know where you can get cheap textbooks? I’m studying Business Management, thanks.
Library ftw
Reply 2
Have you tried looking on Amazon or eBay for secondhand books?
Reply 3
Original post by rac1977
Have you tried looking on Amazon or eBay for secondhand books?

Yes. I’ve tried looking in uni groups to see if 2nd years have any and haven’t found any.
Original post by Anonymous
For some of my modules they say we should have certain textbooks. Just wondering if it’s essential to have them? They’re really expensive, like £50 for one bloody textbook!!! I ain’t paying that much. I’ve tried looking for 2nd hand ones but can’t find any. Anyone know where you can get cheap textbooks? I’m studying Business Management, thanks.

I'm business management 2nd year. Bought one textbook in first term but used Summon or other websites for rest.
I’m also studying Business management and was told by my uni to either use the library or they have a page specifically for people selling textbooks(I’ve never actually found this though)

You can check online if there are free pdfs or ebook versions you can download

depop usually have second hand books, maybe ebay, even if u just google second hand textbooks some results will come up x
Depending on the course some expenditure on textbooks is a necessity at university. IS this really a surprise to anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest