I neeed help
Persuasive writing is all about engaging the audience:
You can use the following techniques:

- Rhetorical questions
- Ironic humour
- Pronouns that directly address the audience
- Mix colloquialisms and sophisticated language
- Personal experience (anecdotes)
- Relatable references (and also be specific)

- Also, start paragraohs in different ways. Such as:
> Rhetorical questions
> Anecdotes
> Straight-up facts
> Abstract nouns in single-word sentences
> Paint a picture - "imagine..."
Oof thank god I don't do English anymore I used to hate that ****
Reply 3
Original post by DoNotMove
Persuasive writing is all about engaging the audience:
You can use the following techniques:

- Rhetorical questions
- Ironic humour
- Pronouns that directly address the audience
- Mix colloquialisms and sophisticated language
- Personal experience (anecdotes)
- Relatable references (and also be specific)

- Also, start paragraohs in different ways. Such as:
> Rhetorical questions
> Anecdotes
> Straight-up facts
> Abstract nouns in single-word sentences
> Paint a picture - "imagine..."

That's was quite an impressive answer. Do you do English at A Level? :smile:
Original post by Tolgarda
That's was quite an impressive answer. Do you do English at A Level? :smile:

No, I just started Year 11, and I'm awful at writing, so by basically giving myself a formula of how to write something, it makes it easier so I don't have to think. I'm more a maths and tech person.
Reply 5
No, I just started Year 11, and I'm awful at writing, so by basically giving myself a formula of how to write something, it makes it easier so I don't have to think. I'm more a maths and tech person.

Well, you definitely didn't show yourself up when giving these tips! I got full marks for my GCSE writing and I felt as though these were the things to get the top marks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Well, you definitely didn't show yourself up when giving these tips! I got full marks for my GCSE writing and I felt as though these were the things to get the top marks.

My creative writing for English is decent (28/30), but I'll be lucky to get near full marks in the actual exam for transactional writing... I'm just praying I get asked a question in the exam that I've written a piece for during practice.
Reply 7
My creative writing for English is decent (28/30), but I'll be lucky to get near full marks in the actual exam for transactional writing... I'm just praying I get asked a question in the exam that I've written a piece for during practice.

Can't you just practice? I mean, the saying about it making perfect is no joke. I was at 30 marks at around the beginning of year eleven for both creative and transactional, but I got 40 for both in the end.
Can't you just practice? I mean, the saying about it making perfect is no joke. I was at 30 marks at around the beginning of year eleven for both creative and transactional, but I got 40 for both in the end.

I do practice, and my creative writing is absolutely fine, but my transactional is a bit awful, I don't tend to get much more than 75%. It's getting better however. I'd practice more, but English is not my biggest concern, I only need a 7.
Reply 9
I do practice, and my creative writing is absolutely fine, but my transactional is a bit awful, I don't tend to get much more than 75%. It's getting better however. I'd practice more, but English is not my biggest concern, I only need a 7.

I see. Good luck then, mate. You definitely have the ingredients to get a 9.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending