The Student Room Group

a level sociology or psychology

which is easier to self teach/learn/remember/understand/better chance of getting a higher grade/most resources??
Original post by Anonymous
which is easier to self teach/learn/remember/understand/better chance of getting a higher grade/most resources??

psych is easy compared to bio, and sociology is easy compared to psych. have fun
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
psych is easy compared to bio, and sociology is easy compared to psych. have fun

so i should do sociology then 😂 have you studied them before? you too
It depends Psychology is about the human mind and response to mental patterns and sociology is the study of human relationships and response to human behaviour.although I haven’t studied the
For gcse I do frequently read books on them so I suggest reading books and watching videos to give you an idea what your more drawn to- hope this helped!
I cant comment of psychology. But i did sociology and loved it.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

I would recommend Sociology but not for the reasons you want. I would recommend Sociology because it is a good gateway into a number of disciplines mostly in the social sciences but also for subjects like History. I had to learn a lot of sociology in my free time at university because I didn't study it before I studied History at degree level and not only did Weber, Foucault etc show up a lot, but I had Carr on my case banging on about the vital link between the two subjects!
I do both at A-level and would definitely recommend sociology over psychology. I'm saying this as I'm in my 2nd year and memory wise learning sociology is way easier than psychology, there are a lot more theories/theorists, but less topics. I'm not sure if this makes sense but with psychology there are lots of different topics and different experiments which can become confusing to learn. From experience I'd say I remember more of sociology than Psychology and in terms of the exams your memory is whats going to help you. Also sociology is a lot more common sense and you see it in day to day life, whereas psychology is more of learning new content, processes, structures etc which can be a bit hard. Some people do find sociology boring so go with what you personally prefer but a lot of the content really is common sense its just working on structuring your answers and how to word it right, so be prepared for the essays too.
Reply 7
Original post by justarosexo
I do both at A-level and would definitely recommend sociology over psychology. I'm saying this as I'm in my 2nd year and memory wise learning sociology is way easier than psychology, there are a lot more theories/theorists, but less topics. I'm not sure if this makes sense but with psychology there are lots of different topics and different experiments which can become confusing to learn. From experience I'd say I remember more of sociology than Psychology and in terms of the exams your memory is whats going to help you. Also sociology is a lot more common sense and you see it in day to day life, whereas psychology is more of learning new content, processes, structures etc which can be a bit hard. Some people do find sociology boring so go with what you personally prefer but a lot of the content really is common sense its just working on structuring your answers and how to word it right, so be prepared for the essays too.

Urghhhh thank you I love you!! I will definitely do sociolgy now as my memory is sh*t lmao I just need to do one more for UCAS points so I don't mind if it is boring at least it is not Maths ahahaha
I do both they both have soooooo much content.I wouldn’t say one is “easier”.But sociology is better in terms of the content as it is much simpler.Even thought there is more.But would say exam wise they’re both as hard both essay subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending