The Student Room Group

Any medicine related lectures?

Are there any medicine related lectures in London that are for Year 12s at a SELECTIVE state school? All I can find are non selective ones which is quite vexing.
Thanks for the help
What do you mean? Where could I learn more about this?
I think the OP was clear enough, but I’ll happily clarify if need be. What do you mean above when you said

I mean, where are these and how can I go to one. By the way thank you for responding
Look at these - they are open lectures, anyone can go, and there are podcasts available of past lectures : https://www.gresham.ac.uk/attend/
Medical/ scientific ones with ones about new developments which would be especially useful.

Yeah, for those you need tickets for which you have to apply for. They ask for your school and my school doesn’t come up. They are just held by unis, eg. KCL

I would still like to go to those. However there are dedicated lectures just for Year 12 students might be connected to what we are learning some of which sound fascinating. I was wondering for any that were for any Year 12 students.
Despite this i would be very happy in any open lectures.
Original post by returnmigrant
Look at these - they are open lectures, anyone can go, and there are podcasts available of past lectures : https://www.gresham.ac.uk/attend/

Thank you so much
Oh, I see. Ok, and how would I link this to an interview though? Anyways, thank you very much.
:lol: :lol: Now that would be interesting!
Quick Q, I'm interested in the medical conferences but obviously the vast majority are catered for medical students/clinicians and typically charge a lot. Are there any conferences or symposia that are somewhere in the middle ground to allow an informed audience to attend for free whilst being able to learn about medicine/clinical sciences that would be beneficial for an aspiring med. student?

For example, we have a ton of scientific symposia for biomedical sciences that are held for free and completely open to the public whilst having full content science for this exactly this kind of outreach.
Holy F, how do you guys let this sort of nonsense slide?

As a PhD graduate, the poshest early conference we have (~4 days, buffeted quality breakfast, lunches and posh dinners included with full program plus alcoholic beverages) is only ~£200.

As a question about the life of medical student that I hope is still relevant for this thread, so am I right in thinking that medical students are sponsored by some sort of clinical research group that they try to attach themselves to in order to get funding to attend a conference (e.g. do a research placement sufficient for a poster, and the PI pays out of a grant to have the student sent to a conference)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending