The Student Room Group

This Girl is strange...

I liked this girl in work, made it pretty obvious and she caught on but would give loads of eye contact back, to the point were she stared at me for about 30 seconds despite her knowing I seen her.

So I got her number and we ended up speaking on facebook messenger. The first and only time I popped up to her was the first message I ever sent. Since that she ignored me for a while so I forgot and moved on.

Since then every day or many other day she pops up to me, usually with a random question like "What do you want to study?" or "Are you in work tomorrow". I respond and we usually talk for about 10mins over text.

She keeps giving eye contact in work however I try to avoid it because I'm not as interested as I was. The reason I'm not interested is because I've asked her 3 times so far to come out and she always makes up an excuse likes she's "ill" or some other crap.

I dont get it?

If this matters im 18 English She's 22 Polish...
Original post by Anonymous

nice
Sounds more like she's interested in maintaining a professional friendship than a relationship.
She's doesn't want to take things further, but still likes the attention hence why she keeps approaching you at work. I would suggest keeping things strictly professional moving forward. There's a saying. 'Don't **** where you eat'
Original post by Anonymous
I liked this girl in work, made it pretty obvious and she caught on but would give loads of eye contact back, to the point were she stared at me for about 30 seconds despite her knowing I seen her.

So I got her number and we ended up speaking on facebook messenger. The first and only time I popped up to her was the first message I ever sent. Since that she ignored me for a while so I forgot and moved on.

Since then every day or many other day she pops up to me, usually with a random question like "What do you want to study?" or "Are you in work tomorrow". I respond and we usually talk for about 10mins over text.

She keeps giving eye contact in work however I try to avoid it because I'm not as interested as I was. The reason I'm not interested is because I've asked her 3 times so far to come out and she always makes up an excuse likes she's "ill" or some other crap.

I dont get it?

I am 25 years old not that that's important but I have alot of life experience. In my experience, it's a clear sign she is playing hard to get. Also if she knows your age she is just fooling around with you. If you have already kindly asked her out and she did not reply or is making excuses, then the message is clear. You are not a priority to her. She DOES NOT CARE. Just keep it friendly and move on. You are worth it man, go and get another girl who is WORTHY of your time. Then when you find her the other girl will know what she missed out on. Do not waste your time on one girl. If someone really wants you like that in their life they would make time for you no matter how "busy" they are. Travel the world, take care of yourself, enjoy life with friends.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Fireuyoro14
I am 25 years old not that that's important but I have alot of life experience. In my experience, it's a clear sign she is playing hard to get. Also if she knows your age she is just fooling around with you. If you have already kindly asked her out and she did not reply or is making excuses, then the message is clear. You are not a priority to her. She DOES NOT CARE. Just keep it friendly and move on. You are worth it man, go and get another girl who is WORTHY of your time. Then when you find her the other girl will know what she missed out on. Do not waste your time on one girl. If someone really wants you like that in their life they would make time for you no matter how "busy" they are. Travel the world, take care of yourself, enjoy life with friends.

I moved on after she ignored my second ever message she noticed I had moved on as I made no eye contact in work or gave any attention, that next morning she was messaging me playful messages probably trying to get me back interested.

I can get better looking girls than her anyway 😂
Reply 6
Ty for the response and I’ll keep in mind what you’ve said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending