The Student Room Group

Can my mom do anything to my boyfriend

Im 16 and im in college and my boyfriend is 22, we have been dating for 5 months and my mom has been aware of this and even met him, i dont have a good relationship with my mom and my mom often threatens to report my boyfriend if i dont agree to whatever she wants me to do.
My boyfriend has not done anything which could be used against him and our relationship has always been consensual and legal.
Can my mom report him for anything since he hasnt done anything?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by unknown.x101
Im 16 and im in college and my boyfriend is 22, we have been dating for 5 months and my mom has been aware of this and even met him, i dont have a good relationship with my mom and my mom often threatens to report my boyfriend if i dont agree to whatever she wants me to do.
My boyfriend has not done anything which could be used against him and our relationship has always been consentual and legal.

As you say if your relationship has always been legal and consensual then no. If she had some sort of evidence of something illegal (like drugs or stealing) he was doing then yeah but if that's not true/she doesn't have any evidence then of course not. Tell her to stop trying to black mail you and manipulate you - she could be held accountable for that. If she continues then I would try to reduce contact with her if possible, at least until she improves, that sort of threat/black mail can't be good for your happiness and mental health :redface:
Original post by unknown.x101
My boyfriend has not done anything which could be used against him and our relationship has always been consentual and legal.

consensual*

I think it is fine. Just checked the legalities.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by HumblyBumbly
consensual*

not my place to judge, but just make sure you don't have sex or share lewd images.

The OP is above the age of consent.
consensual*

not my place to judge, but just make sure you don't have sex or share lewd images.

OP is 16 so it is legal to have sex. Although weirdly I think the age for sharing sexual images is 18, so I agree, don't send those.
consensual*

I think it is fine. Just checked the legalities.

Thank you so much,

Your reply meant alot
Original post by BurstingBubbles
As you say if your relationship has always been legal and consensual then no. If she had some sort of evidence of something illegal (like drugs or stealing) he was doing then yeah but if that's not true/she doesn't have any evidence then of course not. Tell her to stop trying to black mail you and manipulate you - she could be held accountable for that. If she continues then I would try to reduce contact with her if possible, at least until she improves, that sort of threat/black mail can't be good for your happiness and mental health :redface:

Its really not,
It affects me alot but i dont know what i can do, i have no where else i could go and i dont think its possible for me to get somewhere of my own
OP is 16 so it is legal to have sex. Although weirdly I think the age for sharing sexual images is 18, so I agree, don't send those.

Thank you

yes yes ! Corrected myself!

Didn't realise the images is for an older age ... that's interesting! Learnt something new - thank you.
What do you have in common?
What does she threaten to report him for?
Original post by sinfonietta
What does she threaten to report him for?

She hasnt specified anything, but she wants me to do whatever she says and she knows i care about him deeply thats why i would do anything because i dont want him to get in trouble when he hasnt done anything and is innocent
She’s bluffing (and nasty)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending