The Student Room Group

what if this was l NOT sleep paralysis?

I've just woken up from a sleep paralysis. I am religious, and I work up around 6am needing to go to the toilet. I actually fell asleep around 3am last night. almost 4am. so I had only had two hours os sleep. I couldn't get back to sleep straight away and was thinking how angry at my mum I was from something that happened yesterday and was crying. In the end I had so much anger that I couldn't sleep and to stop making me self angry and think of something else I began masterbating. Masterbation tends to helps me sleep and so after that I did fall asleep after being in a calm state. By now it was 10am so masterbation was the last resort after winding myself up.

Now I do get sleep paralysis every now and then. I've learnt to cope with it and it doesn't bother me much anymore. but when I fell asleep I basically woke up terrified and apologising and worried in my sleep paralysis because someone had just told me I cant enter heaven. i couldn't move and I tried to get up many many times but i was stuck to my bed but i remember being so scared and waking up in shock at the news. I havent had dramatic sleep paralysis in at least 3 years. so it's been a while.

I woke up and went to the bathroom again (I drink a **** tone of water). by now it was around 11.30amm and my right shoulder was feeling very sore. In the bathroom I ended up taking my top off and I saw red marks of scratches on my chest and fresh lines digging into my skin as if I had been wearing a very tight bra all night (but I hadn't) and there were also strap marks around my arm kind of where I felt shoulder pain. theres also some marks on my back.

What if this was very real? and it was really God or some Angel being angry and telling me I'm really not entering heaven anymore as I've lost my chances? I was cursing at my mum earlier and masterbation is not meant to be a good thing at all from a religious perspective

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also woke up to a very very dry mouth. as I had my mouth open to whole time while I as trying to apologise and I woke up that way too. I was sleeping on my back.
Just seems very illogical - scratches on your skin for masturbating? Can you imagine if that was your job as an angel, it'd be weird as hell. :lol:

It's very common for religious thoughts and dreams/nightmares to coincide. If you think about it makes a lot of sense why. If you're having a nightmare the thoughts of things that you fear are dreamt. In this case, you consciously (or subconsciously) feared not getting into heaven whilst falling to sleep and you dream about it.
Sleep paralyze does suck, however.
Reply 3
Original post by XOR_
Just seems very illogical - scratches on your skin for masturbating? Can you imagine if that was your job as an angel, it'd be weird as hell. :lol:

It's very common for religious thoughts and dreams/nightmares to coincide. If you think about it makes a lot of sense why. If you're having a nightmare the thoughts of things that you fear are dreamt. In this case, you consciously (or subconsciously) feared not getting into heaven whilst falling to sleep and you dream about it.

didnt say it has anything to do with masterbation. I was talking about from my sleep paralysis from when I couldn't get up at all or move even though I had tried. I said someone was telling me during my sleep paralysis that I cabt get into heaven and I was in shock and terrified and apologising during my sleep paralysis.

that is very illogical thing to say if I believed it was from the masterbation. I woke up right after my sleep paralysis and about 5-10 minutes after I went to the bathroom where I saw Mark's and my arm felt sore
Reply 4
Original post by XOR_

so what I am saying is. the masterbation and being disrespectful and angry towards my mother could have caused all this. I wasnt trying to say the marks came from masterbation. that was all before I fell asleep.

theres actual marks on my body of force like I mentioned before and shoulder hurting. What if this really wasnt a sleep paralysis? I'm not a religious person who is usually deluded like this but theres actual marks and I am too afraid to show them to anyone
Reply 5
Sleep paralysis is often associated with nightmarish stuff like that. Doesn't make any of it real
Original post by Anonymous
so what I am saying is. the masterbation and being disrespectful and angry towards my mother could have caused all this. I wasnt trying to say the marks came from masterbation. that was all before I fell asleep.

theres actual marks on my body of force like I mentioned before and shoulder hurting. What if this really wasnt a sleep paralysis? I'm not a religious person who is usually deluded like this but theres actual marks and I am too afraid to show them to anyone

It's also worth considering that you may have been thrashing around in bed whilst having a nightmary experience. There's also the chance that sleeping in a rough position, the kind that could leave a mark actually triggered the sleep paralysis and as I said, sleep paralysis and religious-themed dreams commonly coincide.
I'm always gonna play devil's advocate here, I hope you can appreciate that.
Reply 7

When you do sins like masturbating you invite satan to mess around with you.

You need to repent to Allah, and try to not masturbate. And also be kind to your parents.
Original post by Nununu

You need to repent to Allah, and try to not masturbate. And also be kind to your parents.

Reply 9
I've just woken up from a sleep paralysis. I am religious, and I work up around 6am needing to go to the toilet. I actually fell asleep around 3am last night. almost 4am. so I had only had two hours os sleep. I couldn't get back to sleep straight away and was thinking how angry at my mum I was from something that happened yesterday and was crying. In the end I had so much anger that I couldn't sleep and to stop making me self angry and think of something else I began masterbating. Masterbation tends to helps me sleep and so after that I did fall asleep after being in a calm state. By now it was 10am so masterbation was the last resort after winding myself up.

Now I do get sleep paralysis every now and then. I've learnt to cope with it and it doesn't bother me much anymore. but when I fell asleep I basically woke up terrified and apologising and worried in my sleep paralysis because someone had just told me I cant enter heaven. i couldn't move and I tried to get up many many times but i was stuck to my bed but i remember being so scared and waking up in shock at the news. I havent had dramatic sleep paralysis in at least 3 years. so it's been a while.

I woke up and went to the bathroom again (I drink a **** tone of water). by now it was around 11.30amm and my right shoulder was feeling very sore. In the bathroom I ended up taking my top off and I saw red marks of scratches on my chest and fresh lines digging into my skin as if I had been wearing a very tight bra all night (but I hadn't) and there were also strap marks around my arm kind of where I felt shoulder pain. theres also some marks on my back.

What if this was very real? and it was really God or some Angel being angry and telling me I'm really not entering heaven anymore as I've lost my chances? I was cursing at my mum earlier and masterbation is not meant to be a good thing at all from a religious perspective

sleep paralysis isn't real. i get it all the time, too. meds make it worse. are you on any hypnotics/sedatives?
Reply 10
Original post by Nununu

lmao, just stop. grow up.
sleep paralysis makes weird **** happen dw. i once saw jimmy neutron with a massive knife trying to kill me
Original post by Gent2324
sleep paralysis makes weird **** happen dw. i once saw jimmy neutron with a massive knife trying to kill me

holy**** me too!!
Original post by XOR_
holy**** me too!!

wait wtf lol thats a weird coincedance. when i saw it he was like covered in blood and his eyes were red, then with a huge knife he was slowly walking towards me i dont think ever **** myself that much in 5 seconds
Original post by Ciel.
sleep paralysis isn't real. i get it all the time, too. meds make it worse. are you on any hypnotics/sedatives?

No. BUT I did drink red bull a few hours before... And quite a lot of it. That would explain the three hours of sleep
Original post by XOR_
It's also worth considering that you may have been thrashing around in bed whilst having a nightmary experience. There's also the chance that sleeping in a rough position, the kind that could leave a mark actually triggered the sleep paralysis and as I said, sleep paralysis and religious-themed dreams commonly coincide.
I'm always gonna play devil's advocate here, I hope you can appreciate that.

sleep paralysis involves the person being conscious but the body hasn't woken up yet. I definitely wasnt thrashing around otherwise I would have known about it. I couldn't move at all. I was also on my back the whole time. I always do.

that being said I agree that it wasnt anything real and just my brain going mental on me. I was quite panicky when I woke up and posted this question
sleep paralysis involves the person being conscious but the body hasn't woken up yet. I definitely wasnt thrashing around otherwise I would have known about it. I couldn't move at all. I was also on my back the whole time. I always do.

that being said I agree that it wasnt anything real and just my brain going mental on me. I was quite panicky when I woke up and posted this question

I always do as in I'm always sleeping on my back*
Reply 17
Original post by Nununu

OP's parents definitely wrote this
Original post by idk01
OP's parents definitely wrote this

why does everyone assume you have to be Muslim though? 😭
Original post by Gent2324

Yeah I've had worse sleep paralysis than this experience too. its just that it was all kind of related to what I did before I went to bed and someone telling me I wont be going to heaven and then the marks after- quite concerning to me

However I have definitely experienced worse experiences when it actually came to the sleep paralysis that's for sure. Bloody hell we wont even get to those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending