The Student Room Group

medicine personal statement advice

Hi guys,

my personal statement is due in the next three weeks and I have pretty much completed it however I am concerned about the contents of it. I have mentioned a lot about how I learnt the importance of communication and doctor-patient relationships through my work experience as well as how I portrayed certain skills. I also showed further reading on ethical dilemmas however I didn't really mention much about the scientific aspect. How important would you say this is to have in my statement?
Reply 1
Original post by Subrinaak
Hi guys,

my personal statement is due in the next three weeks and I have pretty much completed it however I am concerned about the contents of it. I have mentioned a lot about how I learnt the importance of communication and doctor-patient relationships through my work experience as well as how I portrayed certain skills. I also showed further reading on ethical dilemmas however I didn't really mention much about the scientific aspect. How important would you say this is to have in my statement?

Depends on which university you're applying to. Some unis such as KCL, Imperial, Cambridge , etc. place importance on your wider reading and your scientific knowledge. You should check the website of the unis you're planning to apply to and write your personal statement accordingly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending