The Student Room Group

History or Further Maths A-level

Which A-level should I choose alongside Physics and Maths? I currently do History but haven’t really enjoyed my first 3 weeks of doing it at college, partly because I don’t really like the thought of essays and also because we’re doing Germany which I did at GCSE so it’s a bit boring not learning anything new.
I am thinking about swapping it for Further Maths as Maths is currently the lesson I get excited for (I know that’s sad). Is Further Maths very difficult? I am definitely willing to put in work for it as I’ve always enjoyed Maths.
I got an 8/A* in Maths, Physics and History at GCSE so I’m even on all three. Can anybody help?
(edited 4 years ago)
I do further maths and I enjoy it a lot, we are basically doing all of a level maths in year 12, so it might be a little fast paced, but at the end of the day, if you enjoy maths it shouldn't be a problem.
Original post by bamboostick123
I do further maths and I enjoy it a lot, we are basically doing all of a level maths in year 12, so it might be a little fast paced, but at the end of the day, if you enjoy maths it shouldn't be a problem.

Ah, that’s good to know you enjoy it. Is the workload manageable?
Original post by clarecassar
Ah, that’s good to know you enjoy it. Is the workload manageable?

definitely, especially because it's just extra maths, so it's not a completely different subject. It just needs a bit of extra time, but other than that, it's totally manageable
Original post by bamboostick123
definitely, especially because it's just extra maths, so it's not a completely different subject. It just needs a bit of extra time, but other than that, it's totally manageable

Cool, thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest