The Student Room Group

Baby Names!

Hi all!

I have just found out that I am expecting a little baby girl and I've started to think about different baby names. I'm wanting the middle name to be Lesley, after someone who has helped me the past few years, but I just can't think of a first name that goes with it. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

- Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Annabel, Elizabeth, India, Katherine, Margaret, Natasha, Sophia, Vanessa, Zoe.
Reply 2
Jennifer , allison, philippa, sue, Deborah, annabel too.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all!

I have just found out that I am expecting a little baby girl and I've started to think about different baby names. I'm wanting the middle name to be Lesley, after someone who has helped me the past few years, but I just can't think of a first name that goes with it. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

- Thanks in advance.

What type of name do you like? Traditional, quirky, common, slightly-less-common, totally whacky ones?
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
What type of name do you like? Traditional, quirky, common, slightly-less-common, totally whacky ones?

I know that I want a name that can be shortened down, like my nephews name is Oliver but we call him Ollie, if that makes any sense. I am wanting a unique(ish) name, I love traditional names - but I just couldn't imagine calling my lil' one something that is seen as more of an "old person's" name, but I equally don't want one that wouldn't suit her when she gets older. I am open to all name suggestions, I'm hoping that one will stand out - even if I wasn't considering it to begin with. I hope all of this made sense - baby brain over here!

One name that I do love, however is Lottie. But because I want Lesley as the middle name, I don't think that this would go?

Just for context it's not going to be double barrelled, unless it made sense for it to be!
Ashley, Aliyah , Amelia, Allison, Addison
I know that I want a name that can be shortened down, like my nephews name is Oliver but we call him Ollie, if that makes any sense. I am wanting a unique(ish) name, I love traditional names - but I just couldn't imagine calling my lil' one something that is seen as more of an "old person's" name, but I equally don't want one that wouldn't suit her when she gets older. I am open to all name suggestions, I'm hoping that one will stand out - even if I wasn't considering it to begin with. I hope all of this made sense - baby brain over here!

One name that I do love, however is Lottie. But because I want Lesley as the middle name, I don't think that this would go?

Just for context it's not going to be double barrelled, unless it made sense for it to be!

olivia, then they could shorten it to liv?
Reply 7
I love Olivia too! But because my nephew is called Oliver would you say it’s too close?

Original post by claireestelle
olivia, then they could shorten it to liv?
Shania
I love Olivia too! But because my nephew is called Oliver would you say it’s too close?

it's close but it's not something that would bother me
I like Klaudia

Charlotte Lesley (Lottie)
Vanessa Lesley (Nessa)
Victoria Lesley (Vicki / Tori)
Eleanor Lesley (Ellie)
Isabelle Lesley (Izzy / Bella)
Rebecca Lesley (Becca / Becky)
Jennifer Lesley (Jen / Jenni)
Catherine Lesley (Cat / Kate)
Felicity ( Flick, Fliss)
Madeline (Mads, Maddie)
Jemima ?? :h:
Did you just assume it's gender :ninja:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Charlotte Lesley (Lottie)
Vanessa Lesley (Nessa)
Victoria Lesley (Vicki / Tori)
Eleanor Lesley (Ellie)
Isabelle Lesley (Izzy / Bella)
Rebecca Lesley (Becca / Becky)
Jennifer Lesley (Jen / Jenni)
Catherine Lesley (Cat / Kate)

Love these! Thank you!
Original post by Rock Fan
Did you just assume it's gender :ninja:

Nope! I'm 26 weeks and not long found out.
charice, maria, natalia, riana
Anonymous is the perfect name
Original post by OR321
Anonymous is the perfect name

Very funny! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending