The Student Room Group

Liking your brother's best friend, what do I do?

So both me and my brother went to the same uni and we both do the same sport so we were in the same club. He's just graduated and I've just become part of committee for the club for my second year.

A guy that was on his placement year who is really good friends with my brother (could potentially call him his best friend) has just become another member on committee. I've only met him a few times but we get along super well and I feel like there's quite a bit of chemistry between us.

Being on committee together means we're going to be spending a lot of time together which ultimately makes it more difficult to move on from having a bit of a crush on him.

Since he's one of my brother's best friends, I'm not sure how to go about this because while I don't think my brother would mind us dating (he's picky about his friends so I know he's a good guy) I don't want to accidently ruin their friendship by getting in the way or it becoming awkward if it didn't work out.

Do I try and make it work or do I leave it and move on?

Tl;dr - I like one of my brother's best friends and I think he likes me too but I'm not sure whether to go for it or not.
Too risky.
Friends, coworkers, relatives, housemates- are off limits for dating.
Too much potential for unpleasantness, awkward silences and ruined friendships if the relationship doesn't work out.
That's probably why you are hesitating.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Too risky.
Friends, coworkers, relatives, housemates- are off limits for dating.
Too much potential for unpleasantness, awkward silences and ruined friendships if the relationship doesn't work out.
That's probably why you are hesitating.

Problem is that I can't get over liking people without spending time away from them. We're both on committee so I'll have to spend a lot of time with him this year :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending