The Student Room Group

Falling from Cloud 9 - Me, and my ever-loosening grip on grade 9s :)

Scroll to see replies

Only the prefects could apply for hb and hg:redface:
Just out of interest... Which part of the UK are you from and what kind of school do you go to (state comprehensive, grammar, private boarding or private day)?
Good luck with your mocks.
Can I have tag?
good luck this year! tag me :smile:
To answer your question of the day, I was considering applying last year but I chickened out. It was a special occasion because a boy from the lower sixth was going to be chosen because no one from the upper sixth had bothered to apply. Many teachers recommended me, but I just couldn't rise to the challenge. I had another chance this year, but I forgot to hand in the form. I still can't believe how I squandered this amazing chance to boost my UCAS personal statement. Oh well, c'est la vie.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda
Only the prefects could apply for hb and hg:redface:

Ahh, aren't u a Prefect then... I guess your GYG just gave me prefecty vibes :lol: Would you have liked to if you were one?

Also, would you like a tag, only I've seen you here a couple of times and I keep forgetting to ask! :^_^:
Original post by Matthew2422
Ahh, aren't u a Prefect then... I guess your GYG just gave me prefecty vibes :lol: Would you have liked to if you were one?

Also, would you like a tag, only I've seen you here a couple of times and I keep forgetting to ask! :^_^:

:no: :lol:

Nah, it's fine. You're in my watched threads
:no: :lol:

Nah, it's fine. You're in my watched threads

Ok aha - I always forget that's a thing :lol:

Original post by Satyr
Good luck with your mocks.
Can I have tag?

Of course!

Original post by prettyalevels
good luck this year! tag me :smile:

Thanks! And will do
Original post by SpaceDucks
Just out of interest... Which part of the UK are you from and what kind of school do you go to (state comprehensive, grammar, private boarding or private day)?

That is a very good question, that I probably should've answered in my Opening post aha - I go to a state comprehensive aha but it is a very good one :smile:

Original post by Tolgarda
To answer your question of the day, I was considering applying last year but I chickened out. It was a special occasion because a boy from the lower sixth was going to be chosen because no one from the upper sixth had bothered to apply. Many teachers recommended me, but I just couldn't rise to the challenge. I had another chance this year, but I forgot to hand in the form. I still can't believe how I squandered this amazing chance to boost my UCAS personal statement. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Oh no :facepalm:Never mind aha
Update 007 - 23.09.19

Umm, so today was my least favourite of the fortnight: Double English, History, Physics and Maths. :facepalm:and so I was going to come home and do some more notes but now I'm not really in the mood and will probably just end up doing nothing and having a LaZy evening :wink:. In case you were wondering what my notes looked like: because yesterday I mentioned how it took ages because I want them to look really neat, well here you go -
IMG_7477.jpeg
I don't know if that worked because I'm too tired (so you might just have to deal with a thumbnail oops) and I'm just desperate to get on with my relaxation aha, I'm quite pleased with how they look but I reckon I shouldn't be because of how long they take. :lol:

Edit - That was huge, which I guess isn't a bad thing but if anyone wants to tell me how I can control the size to be smaller then that would be greatly appreciated :smile:

In other news, I didn't hand in my Head Boy form today because I chickened out but I'm going to do it tomorrow... probably... maybe...

QotD: How do you take notes?
AotD: I still don't really know / ^^

Spoiler

I reckon the chocolate brownie I heated up before writing this is probably cold :s-smilie:
(edited 4 years ago)
double english would've definitely killed me! ur notes look cool :smile: if you keep going like that you'll be so prepared in a few months!
That looks organised. Typed too. Very organised
Yeah. That's exactly what I said to myself.
Original post by prettyalevels
double english would've definitely killed me! ur notes look cool :smile: if you keep going like that you'll be so prepared in a few months!

Ahaha tell me about it :lol: Thankyouu we will have to see though because I doubt I will be able to do them all in enough time...

Original post by MidnightSymphony
That looks organised. Typed too. Very organised

:smile:

Original post by Tolgarda
Yeah. That's exactly what I said to myself.

I say it most days... usually doesn't work :lol:
Update 008 - 24.09.19

Ok, so I'll start off with after my update yesterday evening...

I did have a relatively lazy evening, and I finished the Spanish TV programme Elite on Netflix - it is very good and you should watch it (they have an English audio option if you aren't interested in the Spanish) anyway, that is a bit off track and I probably shouldn't be giving you TV recommendations. :lol:

I did write Biology notes for about 30 minutes but that was it.

This morning - I woke up and did some more notes because I found I had spare time...

The main news from today is that I handed in my 'Head Boy' application... now all I have to do is be chosen pahah.

After School, I wrote a few more notes, and then made a list: turns out I'm only halfway through my first topic in Biology (out of 8) and that is just one subject (out of 11) Good for me! Anyway, I plan to try and do three topics a week and then I should be caught up to what we are learning with, in most subjects by Christmas :colondollar:

QotD: Tea or Coffee? (Having this discussion at school ahaha)
AotD: Coffee out of those two but my favourite is mint tea...

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
coffee!
mint tea? :yucky:
Tea

tEATEATEA
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Matthew2422
Update 008 - 24.09.19

Ok, so I'll start off with after my update yesterday evening...

I did have a relatively lazy evening, and I finished the Spanish TV programme Elite on Netflix - it is very good and you should watch it (they have an English audio option if you aren't interested in the Spanish) anyway, that is a bit off track and I probably shouldn't be giving you TV recommendations. :lol:

I did write Biology notes for about 30 minutes but that was it.

This morning - I woke up and did some more notes because I found I had spare time...

The main news from today is that I handed in my 'Head Boy' application... now all I have to do is be chosen pahah.

After School, I wrote a few more notes, and then made a list: turns out I'm only halfway through my first topic in Biology (out of 8) and that is just one subject (out of 11) Good for me! Anyway, I plan to try and do three topics a week and then I should be caught up to what we are learning with, in most subjects by Christmas :colondollar:

QotD: Tea or Coffee? (Having this discussion at school ahaha
AotD: Coffee out of those two but my favourite is mint tea...

Spoiler

Coffee everyday! :yep:
Unless I'm ill, then I might have hot water with like ginger or something and call it "tea" :lol:

Also please tag me!
coffee!
mint tea? :yucky:

I promise its not that bad :lol:

Original post by MidnightSymphony
Tea

tEATEATEA

Some divided opinions here :wink: Can't say I agree with you tho ahaha

Original post by _Mia101
Coffee everyday! :yep:
Unless I'm ill, then I might have hot water with like ginger or something and call it "tea" :lol:

Also please tag me!

Oh yeah aha, tbf us hard-working students need that caffeine fix :lol:

Of course :hugs:
Good luck with the head boy application! :biggrin:

I prefer tea, but really like iced coffee too. Can't drink caffeinated drinks anymore though, they make me ill :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending