The Student Room Group

KPMG 2020 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F1 USM
I did the video interview a few days ago. Theres 40 questions, however no time limit, and absolutely zero numericals. There are two writing tasks, you have to write a report summarising the weaknesses of a firm from a report you are given. Also, you have to write an email advising a co-worker who accidentally sent out an email containing audit details of a firm to another firm on what to do. You have a 2,000 character limit.

There are 4 video interview questions, none of them are about yourself, all are linked to a context (you are working as an auditor). One of the video interview questions the company you are working for are saying they are worried because KPMG mostly helps big firms, and the firm is a small one so they ask you how KPMG can specifically help them

Thank you soooo much for your help, you're very kind!

Would you say that the writing tasks were fairly straightforward with the information you were provided, or were they quite complex?

Also, if there were only 4 videos, 2 written and 0 numerical, what sort of format were the rest of the questions?

Thanks so much again!
(edited 4 years ago)
I varies from division to division. So you cannot really anticipate them. 2 of my questions were fit and 2 were related to the particular case study I had. Just do the assessment and get it over. There is nothing much you can do to prepare
Reply 62
Original post by Jaa Birdi
I completed mine too, however when log back into the portal it says ongoing assessment. Also did you receive any confirmation email when you completed the assessment

Same its saying the exact same thing for me too, and I never got any email too. Im sure its just something on their side technically
Reply 63
Original post by jess.camby
Thank you soooo much for your help, you're very kind!

Would you say that the writing tasks were fairly straightforward with the information you were provided, or were they quite complex?

Also, if there were only 4 videos, 2 written and 0 numerical, what sort of format were the rest of the questions?

Thanks so much again!

For sure the writing tasks were extremely easy, theres no time limit so you really can't go wrong. In the report you have to make you are given all the info you need, its literally just having to summarise it and making it sound good.

The rest were just SJT's, so rank in order what you would do in this context, or move the slider bar to what how you react under pressure etc. I was surprised at the fact there was no numericals
I managed to find time to do mine today. The written questions were straightforward but the video responses went as bad as I could have expected. I'm just not a fan of that format - feels completely unnatural. The one with the 'new colleague' especially - probably sounded like I was making some awkward pass at her :banghead:

Not feeling good about this

Reply 65
Original post by Cassanta99
I managed to find time to do mine today. The written questions were straightforward but the video responses went as bad as I could have expected. I'm just not a fan of that format - feels completely unnatural. The one with the 'new colleague' especially - probably sounded like I was making some awkward pass at her :banghead:

Not feeling good about this

omg the new colleague one had me killed.. I started saying we should go for a coffee I flopped it completely was talking pure crap.

I hate the ones where they put you in a context, I'm so used to talking about and selling myself in these video interviews so this one really caught me by surprise :/
Hey I'm willing to trade WillisTowersWatson Physc questions +Vid Int questions or BR first tround VI questions for KPMG step 4 questions.
Original post by F1 USM
For sure the writing tasks were extremely easy, theres no time limit so you really can't go wrong. In the report you have to make you are given all the info you need, its literally just having to summarise it and making it sound good.

The rest were just SJT's, so rank in order what you would do in this context, or move the slider bar to what how you react under pressure etc. I was surprised at the fact there was no numericals

Thank you so much for your response, it has made me feel much better! So strange that there are no numerical, though.
Reply 68
Original post by F1 USM
Same its saying the exact same thing for me too, and I never got any email too. Im sure its just something on their side technically

same for me
Hi I did my 1st assessment about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything! Do you think I should email them and check?
Original post by username4961508
Has anyone progressed to the next stage yet (delivering outcomes online assessment)? My current application status still is "Transforming Small Businesses online assessment - Complete" and I completed it 6 weeks ago when they first opened and haven't heard anything yet... :frown: x

Me too! I did mine about 8 weeks ago and still nothing, maybe by the end of the week
can someone help me, i'm trying to do the video set up for the assessment but it keeps saying that it can't see me? I've been fine with EY and PWC but its bugging out, i've tried on firefox, chrome and safari and two different laptops lol
Original post by unknowntsr
can someone help me, i'm trying to do the video set up for the assessment but it keeps saying that it can't see me? I've been fine with EY and PWC but its bugging out, i've tried on firefox, chrome and safari and two different laptops lol

I think I had that message coming up despite me being able to see myself clearly. I might have just ignored it and carried on regardless. It is finicky - numerous messages saying my head was not framed correctly, voice dropping out etc.
Original post by Cassanta99
I think I had that message coming up despite me being able to see myself clearly. I might have just ignored it and carried on regardless. It is finicky - numerous messages saying my head was not framed correctly, voice dropping out etc.

sweet thanks, i was getting kinda impatient!
just wanna double check latest i can do it if i got the email on fri, is mon right?
Original post by F1 USM
omg the new colleague one had me killed.. I started saying we should go for a coffee I flopped it completely was talking pure crap.

I hate the ones where they put you in a context, I'm so used to talking about and selling myself in these video interviews so this one really caught me by surprise :/

Would you mind telling us what the ‘new colleague’ question was?

I’ve seen a few people being caught out by this so any help would be appreciated!
Reply 76
Original post by Scootidog
Would you mind telling us what the ‘new colleague’ question was?

I’ve seen a few people being caught out by this so any help would be appreciated!

You meet with a senior partner and the question is to introduce yourself in a way to ensure you maintain a strong working relationship
Original post by F1 USM
You meet with a senior partner and the question is to introduce yourself in a way to ensure you maintain a strong working relationship

Thank you, very appreciated! Is there a time limit to the video questions and do you get time to prepare for them?
Does anyone know if the forensic schemes have already opened and closed?
Reply 79
Original post by Scootidog
Thank you, very appreciated! Is there a time limit to the video questions and do you get time to prepare for them?

Yes, all the videos are timed. You have 2-3 minuets to prepare, and about the same time to respond. You can press 'stop recording' at any point when you are giving your answer, if you feel you have done enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending