The Student Room Group

can i still get into medicine?

hi i want to do medicine in the future and apply for edinburgh university, Theres a problem my national 5's didnt go that great...i have LEAPS so maybe i can get a boost from that but if i get a good UCAT score and get striaght A's for my Highers and Advanced highers can i make it into medicine without having amazing results for national 5? (also i did not fail any subjects)
Top grades in the correct subjects and great UCAT scores will get you on the list as suitable for the course, sure. Some students defy the odds by performing beyond the predictions needed for an offer but are forced to take a year out because all courses were full on results day. Work hard as you can and then you’ll see. 😉
Original post by yusomire
hi i want to do medicine in the future and apply for edinburgh university, Theres a problem my national 5's didnt go that great...i have LEAPS so maybe i can get a boost from that but if i get a good UCAT score and get striaght A's for my Highers and Advanced highers can i make it into medicine without having amazing results for national 5? (also i did not fail any subjects)

What were your Nat 5 grades? And, how likely is it that you'll be able to get 5 A grades at Higher if you weren't able to do well on your Nat 5s?
Reply 3
Original post by Quick-use
What were your Nat 5 grades? And, how likely is it that you'll be able to get 5 A grades at Higher if you weren't able to do well on your Nat 5s?

out of 7 subjects i got 4A's 2B's and a C i feel like i can do better and get all A's this year my motivation is huge and im already getting good grades in my tests

Quick Reply

Latest