The Student Room Group

Hong Kong rioters desecrate Chinese flag

Activists in Hong Kong have desecrated a Chinese flag and vandalised a shopping centre on the 16th straight weekend of wanton violence by anti-government "protests".

Shocking video evidence shows a Chinese flag being trampled by protesters before being carried out and thrown into a river.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49787134

Even BBC news cannot deny the reality of violence by the rioters. Will the anti-China bots on TSR now accuse them of being Beijing propaganda too?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngeryPenguin
Activists in Hong Kong have desecrated a Chinese flag and vandalised a shopping centre on the 16th straight weekend of wanton violence by anti-government "protests".

Shocking video evidence shows a Chinese flag being trampled by protesters before being carried out and thrown into a river.

Masked "protesters" used fire extinguishers to smash the glass of information maps, then sprayed water and threw rubbish bins down escalators. Pro-China businesses were targeted. These "protesters" ripped up pavement bricks and throwing them at police, and a barricade was set on fire elsewhere in Sha Tin.

Escalators and glass panels were targeted at the New Town Plaza in Sha Tin. Police have closed it and fired tear gas at brick-throwing "protesters".

Police earlier saved the airport metro system from riots.

The riots were sparked by an extradition bill that has now been withdrawn, but morphed into a wider anti-China campaign.

The campaign, mostly conducted by young people, has become increasingly violent.

A senior police officer told journalists here last week that he could not believe how so many young people now thought it was acceptable to break the law if a cause was "right".

Even BBC news cannot deny the reality of violence by the rioters. Will the anti-China bots on TSR now accuse them of being Beijing propaganda too?

Something is really fishy with you, are you a pro Chinese commy?
the Chinese government must be so pissed off that they cannot crush the young people of Hong Kong to death with tanks like they did in Tiananmen Square.
Original post by the bear
the Chinese government must be so pissed off that they cannot crush the young people of Hong Kong to death with tanks like they did in Tiananmen Square.

Well they could if they wanted to, I think they are worried though about international recognition
Original post by Greywolftwo
Well they could if they wanted to, I think they are worried though about international recognition

yes, the eyes and cameras of the world are watching them squirm.
yes, the eyes and cameras of the world are watching them squirm.

Should we be worried about this user?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Greywolftwo

Instead, they sent us AngryPenguin, perhaps also as a sign that they're going to claim to be a "near-Antarctic country" soon?

It's not called AngryPenguin for nothing.

Masked "protesters" used fire extinguishers to smash the glass of information maps, then sprayed water and threw rubbish bins down escalators. Pro-China businesses were (you removed the word reportedly) targeted. These "protesters" ripped up pavement bricks and throwing them at police, and a barricade was set on fire elsewhere in Sha Tin.

Escalators and glass panels were targeted at the New Town Plaza in Sha Tin. Police have closed it and fired tear gas at brick-throwing "protesters".

The riots were sparked by an extradition bill that has now been withdrawn, but morphed into a wider anti-China campaign.

The campaign, mostly conducted by young people, has become increasingly violent.

A senior police officer told journalists here last week that he could not believe how so many young people now thought it was acceptable to break the law if a cause was "right".

Are you the BBC?

For a text supposedly from the BBC, you have certainly added, modified, and removed plenty of the original text.

Regardless, I fully support the destruction of all the Chinese flags in Hong Kong. I only regret that I wasn't the one doing it. I wish more people, in Hong Kong or elsewhere, can be more anti-China rather than just be pro-democracy indeed.

Masked "protesters" used fire extinguishers to smash the glass of information maps, then sprayed water and threw rubbish bins down escalators. Pro-China businesses were targeted. These "protesters" ripped up pavement bricks and throwing them at police, and a barricade was set on fire elsewhere in Sha Tin.

Get a grip they defaced a flag. Am sure if you and your master catch them then they will ruin them for life, re educate them or make them disappear.
You see this is where you are misguided, the only things you ever post are anti western anti HK and anti white people posts, always with spin on them to ramp up the hatred. I hardly ever see anyone except you on here post about China, which is why you stand out.

I am rather more surprised you dont inspire more anti Chinese posts as you are a very poor representative for them and everything that is wrong with the country.
Original post by 999tigger
Get a grip they defaced a flag. Am sure if you and your master catch them then they will ruin them for life, re educate them or make them disappear.
You see this is where you are misguided, the only things you ever post are anti western anti HK and anti white people posts, always with spin on them to ramp up the hatred. I hardly ever see anyone except you on here post about China, which is why you stand out.

I am rather more surprised you dont inspire more anti Chinese posts as you are a very poor representative for them and everything that is wrong with the country.

(Also, they added, modified, and removed words and punctuations in order to push their narrative. They even added a whole paragraph to it.)

Regardless, it's good that I guess they have managed to keep Hong Kong in people's mind here, especially when they haven't managed to sway anyone to fall for the Chinese cause.
Original post by Baron of Sealand
(Also, they added, modified, and removed words and punctuations in order to push their narrative. They even added a whole paragraph to it.)

Regardless, it's good that I guess they have managed to keep Hong Kong in people's mind here, especially when they haven't managed to sway anyone to fall for the Chinese cause.

There is no anti Chinese people sentiment on TSR, Angery Penguin is doing a good job to get people to feel otherwise.

I dont see how they get to attack other countries with impunity, especially white people and not expect a response. They often change the actual articles they post and try to spin it so it says something it does not. Ironic they are always banging on about racism, but they are one of the most racist posters on TSR.
Original post by 999tigger
There is no anti Chinese people sentiment on TSR, Angery Penguin is doing a good job to get people to feel otherwise.

I dont see how they get to attack other countries with impunity, especially white people and not expect a response. They often change the actual articles they post and try to spin it so it says something it does not. Ironic they are always banging on about racism, but they are one of the most racist posters on TSR.

Oh, so they've done it before? Changing the article and presented it as the legitimate, objective source? How is that allowed? Personal opinions should be posted as personal opinions.

I don't necessarily think they are an actual Chinese bot, but all these seem very much like some Chinese immigrant in the UK or the US. Or possibly Malaysia (if you go on Facebook, most people supporting the Hong Kong police seem to be somehow Malaysians). Nothing gets Chinese people more "patriotic" than having a British or an American (sometimes Canadian or Australian) passport. Or maybe they are an actual Chinese propagandist, I don't know. This is why when I saw that the people on Weibo supporting the Hong Kong police or whatever, then in a few days they got kicked out of their home or whatever with no way of appealing, I have no sympathy for them.
Oh for god's sake, will they cut it out lol
PACK IT IN HK, I WANNA VISIT
:fuhrer:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
PACK IT IN HK, I WANNA VISIT
:fuhrer:

BREAKING: Hong Kong cancels fight for freedom, human rights, democracy; forgives the arbitrary arrests including the arrest of multiple primary schoolchildren, the intense head-shots including the complete loss of a first-aider's eye; forgets the 8 lives lost in order to prepare for a visit from a prospect tourist
sounds too weird...I do hope people would have read up the history of Hong Kong

Hong Kong never had democracy, even when it was under a British rule. For over 200 years +

Where does people thoughts comes from ? Democracy and Hong Kong. Oh...the last Governor Chris Pattern did mentioned it before he left Hong Kong. And also rights to a UK residency

A lot of people needs to realise that for every colony the British government leaves behind. The UK Government have always left the colony in a worst state than before. India, Malaysia, Singapore etc.
And Hong Kong is no exception.

Hong Kong people can vote for the law makers, the district councillors etc But not the chief executive of Hong Kong

The chief executive of Hong Kong is voted in by 1200 of the richest people + intellectuals of Hong Kong.
Not by the common people Tom, **** and Harry.

As for the human right issue.

Please could you tell me, which law has changed in Hong Kong, which has affected the Human Rights in Hong Kong.
Since the handover 1997, no law has changed. It is still the same Basic Law.
So why is the common people of Hong Kong is saying their Human Rights has changed ?

It is delusional Thinking that the Hong Kong people have lost their democracy and Human Rights.

If the Hong Kong people still persists for their democracy. They should go to the British Consulate in Hong Kong and demand for the UK passport and their UK residency. After all the last Governor Chris Pattern owes this to every Hong Kong people.
Anti-China bots?
What are you even asking .. Will readers support the Chinese authorities ?
It is not a case of anti China. Hong Kong has been handed back to China after 1997.

Hong Kong was on lease to the British. And since the lease has expired. It is the owner taking back of the land.

Such as a renting a house. The house belongs to the owner and not to the people renting it

So if the Hong Kong people still feels unhappy, since 1997 please comes to the UK. The land of cold...raining and lots of fish and chips.

Latest

Trending

Trending