The Student Room Group

Dentistry

Hi there!
I have done 2 years of A levels(chem,bio,maths) and took the exams on 2017 and didn't go to take my exams because of too many financial and immigration problems I ran into except maths and got D in that at the end. I want to do dentistry now. I need to do A levels in one year and all by myself independent from my college because to be honest I used to learn all the stuff from videos and YouTube rather than learning in class.but i think i need to get into some course because I need to have predicted marks, reference, and do my practicals too.I'm 21 if that's something to take into account.
I have my UCAT exam in few days but haven't done any of my ucas and work experience so I don't know if it's enough to try to get my work experience done within 2 weeks time in a dental clinic shadowing and write a PS or just leave it and apply next year...
I know it sounds like such a mess but i just didn't have enough time this last few months after being accepted by home office about my situation.
Really appreciate you reading this and want to know if you have any ideas about what is the best to do.
Many thanks:-)
I wouldnt try to apply this cycle. You need to concentrate on getting As in your A levels .
Reply 2
Original post by RedHelenB
I wouldnt try to apply this cycle. You need to concentrate on getting As in your A levels .

Hi🙂
So you think I should just take the exams say next june and apply for uni's on next next year?
Reply 3
Yes apply next year. Forget about UCAT, Personal Statement and Work Experience. Focus on your A levels and then once that is completed, then complete the rest of the UCAS stuff.

See if you could apply for extenuating circumstances to explain why it has taken you 3 years to do your A levels and why you got a D in Maths.
Original post by Nimakhani
Hi🙂
So you think I should just take the exams say next june and apply for uni's on next next year?
Reply 4
Original post by hwpo1
Yes apply next year. Forget about UCAT, Personal Statement and Work Experience. Focus on your A levels and then once that is completed, then complete the rest of the UCAS stuff.

See if you could apply for extenuating circumstances to explain why it has taken you 3 years to do your A levels and why you got a D in Maths.

Thank you very much👌👌👌really appreciate your answer.

If I do my exams coming june 2020 , can I go to Uni in the same year or would my application be considered for 2021?
Sorry if I'm not much familiar with these stuff.
Thanks
Reply 5
Thank you very much👌👌👌really appreciate your answer.

If I do my exams coming june 2020 , can I go to Uni in the same year or would my application be considered for 2021?
Sorry if I'm not much familiar with these stuff.
Thanks

No worries. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them! :smile:

If you do your exams in June 2020, you will have to go Uni in 2021.
Reply 6
Original post by hwpo1
No worries. If you have any questions, I will be moreT than happy to answer them! :smile:

If you do your exams in June 2020, you will have to go Uni in 2021.

That is so nice of you!

Great!
So basically can you tell me if is there any difference in doing the exams in June 2020 or 2021?
Isn't it both considered for the same year entry(2021)?
So it is like if i get good A levels then the can be kept for the next year?
Reply 7
No there is no difference. They will both be considered for 2021 entry.

Yep thats right.
Reply 8
Original post by hwpo1
No there is no difference. They will both be considered for 2021 entry.

Yep thats right.

Thanks for your guidance.

So you think is it better if i do them this year or next year?
Reply 9
I think you should do your a levels as soon as possible because you have already had 2 years, so in 2020

If you don't mind me asking, which country did you come from? :smile:
Reply 10
O I see now...
sure thing, I am from Iran.
Reply 11
O I see now...
sure thing, I am from Iran.

Ahh right, no worries. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest