The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Eat_revision
There are 6 modules, all five of them are core, except for one of them which is an IT security module and has a F symbol next to it, (still unsure what it stands for, but I am sure it is not a core module). If I fail this module but pass on the other modules can I still pass my second year? I plan to either change this module or not go at all.

Normally you are expected to pass everything, which should equal 120 credits.

Ok have been very kind and looked this up for you.

If you pass 100 credits including all core then you can progress. as per 5.1.3.
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/academic-regulations-section-17-framework-for-undergraduate-courses.pdf

You should also look at 4.6.6.

P17 pdf or 99 in the handbook.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by 999tigger
Normally you are expected to pass everything, which should equal 120 credits.

Ok have been very kind and looked this up for you.

If you pass 100 credits including all core then you can progress. as per 5.1.3.
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/academic-regulations-section-17-framework-for-undergraduate-courses.pdf

You should also look at 4.6.6.

P17 pdf or 99 in the handbook.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you actually looking into this for me.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate you actually looking into this for me.

Look at 4.6.6 as if I was reading it correctly they allow you to retake a different module as a first attempt. never seen that before.
Look at 4.6.6 as if I was reading it correctly they allow you to retake a different module as a first attempt. never seen that before.

Oh, what if I do not want to retake it. As per 5.1.3 they said 100 credits should be enough for a pass for the year. If any extra information helps I am a Level 5 student. The module has a F which by reading the PDF it is most likely a elective module so not core. So per 4.6.6 it appears to be more of an option to gain extra credits? But as stated before 5.1.3 says 100 credits and all core modules is the minimum requirement for progression.
Oh, what if I do not want to retake it. As per 5.1.3 they said 100 credits should be enough for a pass for the year. If any extra information helps I am a Level 5 student. The module has a F which by reading the PDF it is most likely a elective module so not core. So per 4.6.6 it appears to be more of an option to gain extra credits? But as stated before 5.1.3 says 100 credits and all core modules is the minimum requirement for progression.

100 is enough to progress, but you still have to find another 20 credits.
100 is enough to progress, but you still have to find another 20 credits.

If 100 is enough then why do I need to find another 20?
If 100 is enough then why do I need to find another 20?

100 is for progression to year 3 but if you wish to graduate you need 360 credits total.
100 is for progression to year 3 but if you wish to graduate you need 360 credits total.

360 is with an honors, but 300-340 is without the honors.
360 is with an honors, but 300-340 is without the honors.

Not here to argue, but quite why you would want a degree without honours is beyond me. Have a look at the job adverts and see how many require a pass degree. I will leave it to you. Need sleep.

Latest

Trending

Trending