The Student Room Group

changing my name... HELP

I'm changing my name legally when I turn 18 in August next year, after A-Level results day. What do I need to do in regards to UCAS, universities, etc? How do I go about changing it on UCAS after I've (hopefully anyway) been accepted into university/do I need to change it on there? Also do I need to inform the university in a specific way/provide proof of my name change if I get in touch with them?

(I'm changing my surname only)
Will your name be changed for your drivers licence and passport too?

If so, just show the uni your id with your amended surname when you enrol.
If you are changing your name due to marriage, you only need to show your marriage certificate.
You don't have to notify ucas but you will need to inform your uni and student finance.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Will your name be changed for your drivers licence and passport too?

If so, just show the uni your id with your amended surname when you enrol.
If you are changing your name due to marriage, you only need to show your marriage certificate.
You don't have to notify ucas but you will need to inform your uni and student finance.

yes it will be, so do I need to just bring my new drivers licence/passport or do I need anything else? thank you so much btw!(:
Original post by lilellie
yes it will be, so do I need to just bring my new drivers licence/passport or do I need anything else? thank you so much btw!(:

Just your new photo id and your enrolment letter telling you what time to arrive. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Just your new photo id and your enrolment letter telling you what time to arrive. :smile:

okay! thanks, you've really helped haha:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lilellie

I'd suggest taking a copy of your deed poll (assuming that's the method you're using to change your name) so you can show the university your new identity (i.e. new photo id) and the document tying you back to your old name.

It might be best to contact your university, once you know you're going there, and ask them what evidence they'll need; that way you can be sure to take it with you.
As above. You’ll need a copy of your deed poll as well as your new ID for a university to update your legal name (otherwise how can they be sure that you’re the same person as the person who applied!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending