The Student Room Group

can i trust her?

So basically I've been talking to this girl online on and off for 4-5 months, but in recent two months and weeks we've become much more close. She lives about 70 or so miles from me, but she seemed keen to meet, so i proposed meeting her this weekend.

Last week I had the somewhat embarassing experience of getting something very wrong (at least i thought). This boy had commented on her photograph something like "hottie b" and she had been replying to him etc.

Now this may seem like its just an admirer, but he had "taken" in his bio along with the girl's name and a bunch of others. She said he had a girlfriend but it wasn't her, i've been unable to verify this.

Today he commented again on her recent, much the same but implied they're in some kind of relationship cos he used the lock emoji and ring emoji.

I'm not sure if I'm looking too much into this, and I don't want to accuse her so soon after i have already. I'm putting my neck out to try and see her, she's the only good thing in my life right now, and i don't want to lose what little i have of her.

It just seems weird that a boy who is supposedly going out with a girl is commenting on an others in that way.

What do I/should I do? what do you think?

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm confused. Does it say "In a relationship with her" or not? However it does seem a bit fishy from how you're explaining it. Just be honest with her before you end up in a more complex situation.
bro she will stop linking u if she is with him.
Reply 3
Original post by xDron3
I'm confused. Does it say "In a relationship with her" or not? However it does seem a bit fishy from how you're explaining it. Just be honest with her before you end up in a more complex situation.

The boy's bio in question just says "Taken", but with a list of girls name below it including the girl I'm talking too, in fact she is at the top. The way he commented just implied like they were in a relationship because he was using emojis (yes i know i'm being analytical) that you would use if you were in a relationship, eg, a lock symbol. I don't want to ask her again unless I'm totally sure because she seems to really trust me and I don't want to undermine that
ask the guy if they're in a relationship?

I doubt the guy will lie since he will be the one who's being cheated on.

Something similar happened to me actually where a girl kept her bf a secret and started a relationship with me, and her BF tried messaging me on facebook but this girl went on my PC and deleted the messages from him and blocked him so I never found out. People lie sometimes :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
The boy's bio in question just says "Taken", but with a list of girls name below it including the girl I'm talking too, in fact she is at the top. The way he commented just implied like they were in a relationship because he was using emojis (yes i know i'm being analytical) that you would use if you were in a relationship, eg, a lock symbol. I don't want to ask her again unless I'm totally sure because she seems to really trust me and I don't want to undermine that

What is she replying with when he comments these things. If you can do a bit of stalking, check his insta and pictures to see if they're in any photos.
So basically I've been talking to this girl online on and off for 4-5 months, but in recent two months and weeks we've become much more close. She lives about 70 or so miles from me, but she seemed keen to meet, so i proposed meeting her this weekend.

Last week I had the somewhat embarassing experience of getting something very wrong (at least i thought). This boy had commented on her photograph something like "hottie b" and she had been replying to him etc.

Now this may seem like its just an admirer, but he had "taken" in his bio along with the girl's name and a bunch of others. She said he had a girlfriend but it wasn't her, i've been unable to verify this.

Today he commented again on her recent, much the same but implied they're in some kind of relationship cos he used the lock emoji and ring emoji.

I'm not sure if I'm looking too much into this, and I don't want to accuse her so soon after i have already. I'm putting my neck out to try and see her, she's the only good thing in my life right now, and i don't want to lose what little i have of her.

It just seems weird that a boy who is supposedly going out with a girl is commenting on an others in that way.

thanks

Yeah I wouldn't trust that girl . Sorry but that is just my opinion
Reply 7
Original post by ChickenMadness
ask the guy if they're in a relationship?

I doubt the guy will lie since he will be the one who's being cheated on.

Something similar happened to me actually where a girl kept her bf a secret and started a relationship with me, and her BF tried messaging me on facebook but this girl went on my PC and deleted the messages from him and blocked him so I never found out. People lie sometimes :smile:

idk, i feel like its the other wya round, we haven't actually met yet only talked
Reply 8
Original post by xDron3
What is she replying with when he comments these things. If you can do a bit of stalking, check his insta and pictures to see if they're in any photos.

She replied "i adore you" and then he replied "love you" and she replied "love you".

This was weird cos she told me the other day she doesn't reply to ppl, and when he commented on her pic today she didn't reply but liked his comment, yet didn't like mine or any other ppl.

He won't accept my follow request although has tried to follow me. I'm gonna try and use another account to follow him first.
Reply 9
She replied "i adore you" and then he replied "love you" and she replied "love you".

This was weird cos she told me the other day she doesn't reply to ppl, and when he commented on her pic today she didn't reply but liked his comment, yet didn't like mine or any other ppl.

He won't accept my follow request although has tried to follow me. I'm gonna try and use another account to follow him first.

I wouldn't trust a girl that says that, personally. However I don't know what she is like. Who did she claim she is, you don't say stuff like that to friends of the opposite sex usually.

thanks

Almost spat my drink out sheesh.
Original post by xDron3
I wouldn't trust a girl that says that, personally. However I don't know what she is like. Who did she claim she is, you don't say stuff like that to friends of the opposite sex usually.

Exactly what I was thinking, can't remember what she said but just said she didn't have a boyfriend.

She gave the name of the girl he is supposedly dating, her name is in his bio, but so is the girl I'm talking to and another one.
idk, i feel like its the other wya round, we haven't actually met yet only talked

What do you mean by other way round?
What do you mean by other way round?

I mean i feel like i've actually been conned instead of him, this guy only started commenting on her posts five days ago. I've been talking to her on and off for five MONTHS.
I mean i feel like i've actually been conned instead of him, this guy only started commenting on her posts five days ago. I've been talking to her on and off for five MONTHS.

Well it will be both of you getting conned if he doesn't know about you either.

That's why if you ask him what their situation is you'll be more likely to get an honest answer.
Well it will be both of you getting conned if he doesn't know about you either.

That's why if you ask him what their situation is you'll be more likely to get an honest answer.

Meh, i don't want to ask him only for him to tell her and then ruin any chances
Meh, i don't want to ask him only for him to tell her and then ruin any chances

That's quite desperate/foolish if you're more concerned about the prospect of a relationship than your own wellbeing. You should atleast ask her again with a screenshot of the thing that you find questionable. It should begin to be obvious that something is wrong if these things keep happenning and you keep getting an unsettling feeling about her responses and the situation.
That's quite desperate/foolish if you're more concerned about the prospect of a relationship than your own wellbeing. You should atleast ask her again with a screenshot of the thing that you find questionable. It should begin to be obvious that something is wrong if these things keep happenning and you keep getting an unsettling feeling about her responses and the situation.

i'll ask him

it's just i don't want to go steaming in, i know but as stupid as it sounds, she's the only thing that's been making me happy lately

she's replied to him with basically the same thing as she did before. I'm gonna ask her again. Lets see what she has to say for herself this time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending