The Student Room Group

Help

I was driving today and I went past these camera sensor looking things on top of the traffic lights. They had a red light/ dot inside. Are these sensors or cameras?
Reply 1
Original post by Needhelp01
I was driving today and I went past these camera sensor looking things on top of the traffic lights. They had a red light/ dot inside. Are these sensors or cameras?

Hey these are just sensors to active traffic lights when you approach them at times that aren't busy
Reply 2
Original post by besbait
Hey these are just sensors to active traffic lights when you approach them at times that aren't busy

Thank you so much!
Reply 3
Defo red light cameras. Expect a heavy fine.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Defo red light cameras. Expect a heavy fine.

These are front facing, even if they were to be cameras for you to be fined you need photographic evidence of your car with the light being red in one photo which means it must have a back facing camera usually the yellow ones.

I am very certain these are sensors which turn red when approached
Reply 5
Original post by besbait
These are front facing, even if they were to be cameras for you to be fined you need photographic evidence of your car with the light being red in one photo which means it must have a back facing camera usually the yellow ones.

I am very certain these are sensors which turn red when approached

It's called trolling. Red light jumpers deserve to get trolled.
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom

I didn’t jump a light, I just wasn’t sure if these were cameras or sensors.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom

Haha true, but sometimes it’s not on purpose
Reply 8
Original post by besbait

I promise I didn’t jump a light. Honestly just wasn’t sure if these were cameras or sensors. Thanks for your help 😀 I appreciate it
Reply 9
I didn’t jump a light, I just wasn’t sure if these were cameras or sensors.

Of course you didn't...

Original post by besbait

Still has the potential to cause serious injury and death. It's never excusable.
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
Of course you didn't...

Still has the potential to cause serious injury and death. It's never excusable.

I have never jumped a light and would never. It was my first time driving in this area and I just wanted to know.
Reply 11
I have never jumped a light and would never. It was my first time driving in this area and I just wanted to know.

Uh huh....

Quick Reply

Latest