Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got my interview through today for Heathrow 👏🏻
Reply 21
Original post by NW100
I got my interview through today for Heathrow 👏🏻

When are you going for your interview and good luck
Hi all

I have applied for the Border Force Officer role and short listed for an interview. I understand that the short listing is not the end of the journey.

However, now I am in dilemma whether to accept the role if I were to be successful through whole selection procedures.

My situation is, I am currently working in a government sector for the same salary scale (EO).
My current position allows me to work on flexible hours and sometimes I do work from home. Also, I am allowed to work from abroad as well.
I never had any problem of taking straight 5 weeks holidays as my family lives in another country.
The office is only 1 mile away from the home. So, it’s a very quick cycle ride.
I would like to say that I have plenty of development opportunities in this department if I want to.
Basically it is a respectable cool job with very less stress.

At the same time I always wanted to work for BF and very attracted to the AWH allowance.
I don’t see any problem with shift based work pattern as I don’t have any family commitments in this country.
Also, I don’t have many friends in 50 miles radius from where I live, never met anybody from my ethnic background for last 10 years.
If I move with this job I might be able to meet other people from my ethnic group.

Could you please help me to decide what to do? Am I delusional with this BF job? Have I seen too much TV programs?

Thanks all
Reply 23
Original post by Trilobite1981
Hi all

I have applied for the Border Force Officer role and short listed for an interview. I understand that the short listing is not the end of the journey.

However, now I am in dilemma whether to accept the role if I were to be successful through whole selection procedures.

My situation is, I am currently working in a government sector for the same salary scale (EO).
My current position allows me to work on flexible hours and sometimes I do work from home. Also, I am allowed to work from abroad as well.
I never had any problem of taking straight 5 weeks holidays as my family lives in another country.
The office is only 1 mile away from the home. So, it’s a very quick cycle ride.
I would like to say that I have plenty of development opportunities in this department if I want to.
Basically it is a respectable cool job with very less stress.

At the same time I always wanted to work for BF and very attracted to the AWH allowance.
I don’t see any problem with shift based work pattern as I don’t have any family commitments in this country.
Also, I don’t have many friends in 50 miles radius from where I live, never met anybody from my ethnic background for last 10 years.
If I move with this job I might be able to meet other people from my ethnic group.

Could you please help me to decide what to do? Am I delusional with this BF job? Have I seen too much TV programs?

Thanks all

Hi it seem like you have a really good job personally I would stick with what you have, as the saying goes better you stay with the devil you know than the one you don't know, try and research about bo jobs try speak with people who are doing the job take a trip 1 day and ask an employee they would be willing to help but I would say don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire do your home work only you will know best after you research sorry I couldn't be of much more of help but hope this may help
(edited 4 years ago)
I have my interview on 1st, let me know how it goes!
Reply 25
Original post by Rhoden
When are you going for your interview and good luck

4th October, thank you
Original post by Rhoden
Hi it seem like you have a really good job personally I would stick with what you have, as the saying goes better you stay with the devil you know than the one you don't know, try and research about bo jobs try speak with people who are doing the job take a trip 1 day and ask an employee they would be willing to help but I would say don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire do your home work only you will know best after you research sorry I couldn't be of much more of help but hope this may help

Thank you very much for your input Rhoden. I'll try to talk to a BO officer on my interview day and see whether someone will explain surrounding information about the job. A friend's wife is a police detective. According to her AWH allowance is negligible. Not a good news to me! 😔
Good luck guys. Remember that things move slowly! I applied in November for MAN, didn't heard anything until February when I had an interview. Found out in April I was on the waiting list and at the end of May got a provisional offer
Got an email last night to say Ive been banked for Gatwick. Assume that means i wouldnt get interview for that application
Got an email last night to say Ive been banked for Gatwick. Assume that means i wouldnt get interview for that application

What does the email say?
Original post by Cricketumpjay84
What does the email say?

it says:

Your application has met the required standard. We will keep your application on hold for 12 months, and we will contact you as and when further opportunities for your location arise.

No sift marking or anything but looking at the other threads related to Gatwick everybody seemed to be in the sam boat.
You may get an email a couple of months later! I did but for MAN, I had had an interview first. Hope you get an interview in due court.
You may get an email a couple of months later! I did but for MAN, I had had an interview first. Hope you get an interview in due court.

may be I will but I have already been offered an interview for Heathrow application. The deadline was same for both though!
may be I will but I have already been offered an interview for Heathrow application. The deadline was same for both though!

Which is better? Guaranteed Heathrow interview sounds good, when is it?
Which is better? Guaranteed Heathrow interview sounds good, when is it?

I scheduled the interview to be on 4th Oct. last day of the interview window.
Reply 35

What was the deadline may I ask? I also applied for Heathrow deadline end of August but I got an email to be put on the reserved list
They were months behind with my interview, don't read anything into the timeline! And I got put on the waiting list too (It took over a month to hear that back after my interview)
Original post by Aimsj
What was the deadline may I ask? I also applied for Heathrow deadline end of August but I got an email to be put on the reserved list

The both the application for Gatwick and Hethrow deadline was end 15 July.
i have applied for 2 other border force campaigns (transit and frontline - deadline 30th Aug). Just received couple of emails to confirm that i have been reserved for those positions as well.
Got an email saying im on a list for 12 months. I see most other folk got the same. I applied for edinburgh and glasgow but if aberdeen came up that would be my first choice. Anyone know why we are on hold?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending