I got 4 in maths gcse
Reply 1
I got a 3 😂
Original post by Lifeismad
I got 4 in maths gcse

only at a low ranked uni.
I got 4 in maths gcse

Of course you can. Architecture is a design based career not a maths based one.

Only a tiny minority of universities have any preference for maths.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Of course you can. Architecture is a design based career not a maths based one.

Only a tiny minority of universities have any preference for maths.

Thanks! All unis are asking for AAA for any a levels inc one thats art based but my teachers have said if your not great at maths theres no point doing it as it can be heavily maths based so I was just confused
Thanks! All unis are asking for AAA for any a levels inc one thats art based but my teachers have said if your not great at maths theres no point doing it as it can be heavily maths based so I was just confused

Your teachers don't know what they're talking about :smile:
Reply 6

This is so misleading. It actually is kind of upsetting to be honest.
Reply 7
Original post by cyw1994
This is so misleading. It actually is kind of upsetting to be honest.

I guess, maybe the teachers don't know any better
Reply 8
I guess, maybe the teachers don't know any better

Anyway, dont be daunted by any comments saying low gcse grades will only end up in lower ranked uni that sort of comments.

Architecture is a highly subjective course and it is, most of the time, dependent on ur own capabilities, skills and talents. There is only this much a tutor can help u in architecture. Most of the time u will be on ur own.

Also, Part 1 courses (Undergraduate 3-years Bachelor's in Archi) are more or less the same. Less Unis like Bath and Newcastle as they emphasizes on Physics quite a lot.

Part 2 (Master's) is the important one as that is where u get connections to the industry and stuff.

So dont ever feel that u are less capable than others if ur math GCSE is low. Trust me, from what I can see usually the ones that are better in Arts and Design does way better than the Mathsy ones in Uni. Other than Unis like Bath / Newcastle, if people think there is a high dependence on Math / Physics for Architecture - will be in for a big surprise!
Original post by cyw1994
Anyway, dont be daunted by any comments saying low gcse grades will only end up in lower ranked uni that sort of comments.

Architecture is a highly subjective course and it is, most of the time, dependent on ur own capabilities, skills and talents. There is only this much a tutor can help u in architecture. Most of the time u will be on ur own.

Also, Part 1 courses (Undergraduate 3-years Bachelor's in Archi) are more or less the same. Less Unis like Bath and Newcastle as they emphasizes on Physics quite a lot.

Part 2 (Master's) is the important one as that is where u get connections to the industry and stuff.

So dont ever feel that u are less capable than others if ur math GCSE is low. Trust me, from what I can see usually the ones that are better in Arts and Design does way better than the Mathsy ones in Uni. Other than Unis like Bath / Newcastle, if people think there is a high dependence on Math / Physics for Architecture - will be in for a big surprise!

Hello do you think there is still a chance of getting into Newcastle or bath even if u have low gcse grades but your alevels are really good ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending