The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kipper44
Ah that's good! How do they do the substance test? Good luck to you too!

Hi they offer an appointment and venues convenient for you to attend. It takes just 10 minutes and take hair sample for analysis and some document filling. Thanks
Am still awaiting this "update" email to be sent out. Was supposed to be last week but after calling them again they said next week again! Is anyone else applying or on a G5 support officer role? Mine is for Warrington, hope job if worth the very long wait!
I applied for the G4 BSO role (Birmingham) in Feb/19. Interview May/19. Successful email Jun/19, completed and returned my OH form and I've heard nothing since.Not been getting 'monthly update' emails either.Also ODG.
Original post by username4965130
I applied for the G4 BSO role (Birmingham) in Feb/19. Interview May/19. Successful email Jun/19, completed and returned my OH form and I've heard nothing since.Not been getting 'monthly update' emails either.Also ODG.

Have you manage to complete your vetting and substance test?
Received an 'update' email saying that those selected in the September posting meeting will be notified by end of Sept. It also said the 2018 business support campaign has been extended to May 2020. Not sure who that's relevant to, so may or may not be helpful!
Reply 165
Is anyone else booked to go on the 3 day on boarding event in Warrington on 14th October?
I finally received my job offer today with a start date at the end of october for Birmingham! Finally light at the end of the tunnel after a year wait! :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by Arif2803
I finally received my job offer today with a start date at the end of october for Birmingham! Finally light at the end of the tunnel after a year wait! :smile:

Amazing so have I for Warrington!!! 12 months later we are at the end of the tunnel! End of October Cannot come fast enough
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bjg_xx
Amazing so have I for Warrington!!! 12 months later we are at the end of the tunnel! End of October Cannot come fast enough

Congratulations. Maybe our onboarding event will be at the same place.
Reply 170
Original post by Marcy2014
How's the assessment centre?

I think it depends on the job you’ve gone for, which one is it you have applied for?
Reply 171
Original post by Arif2803
Congratulations. Maybe our onboarding event will be at the same place.

Possibly. Definitely keep me updated. 👍
Hello guys, I have been invited to go for a Psychological assessment. I’ve done my security vetting and substance test - hoping this is the last test now. Anyone had one of these and can shed any light on what to expect? Thanks.
No I haven't been asked to do this and I am starting next week. Which job and grade have you applied for and location?
Original post by MollyGlebe2019
Hello guys, I have been invited to go for a Psychological assessment. I’ve done my security vetting and substance test - hoping this is the last test now. Anyone had one of these and can shed any light on what to expect? Thanks.

No and I am in the last stages as well. Again as asked what role have you applied for? Cannot see the relevance for a Business Support Role, however you never know. Good luck!
Ah, I see. I’m more the intelligence side of things!
Reply 176
Hi guys, does anyone know what it means when the status of the application on the civil service jobs website goes from ‘provisional offer’ to ‘offer confirmed’?
Original post by Lil_J
Hi guys, does anyone know what it means when the status of the application on the civil service jobs website goes from ‘provisional offer’ to ‘offer confirmed’?

I'm not sure mine says application in reserve
Reply 178
Has your SC come through? How long did it take?I had a provisional offer a few weeks back and I’m really keen to get the formal offer with a start date. Noticed the status change to ‘offer confirmed’ and just wonder what that’s supposed to mean as I haven’t had anything else via email etc
I had a substance test last Friday a couple of weeks after submitting security vetting forms so hoping the ball is well and truly rolling now! Hope things are moving for others! Kind of seems like it?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending