The Student Room Group

Suspending Parliament was unlawful, court rules

The drama continues! How will the government respond?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49810261
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eboracum7
The drama continues! How will the government respond?

This is interesting.
Reply 2
Ha **** you Johnson.
Advice to the Queen unlawful.

I guess they waterboarded the Corgi then.
Reply 5
Original post by Andrew97
Advice to the Queen unlawful.

I guess they waterboarded the Corgi then.

Reminds me of that amusing clip from Johnny English where they put a gun to the Corgis head.
Original post by Napp
Ha **** you Johnson.

Why the aggressive tone against the Prime Minister?
@nulli tertius, @fallen_acorns

What do you think? What happens next?
pmqs and the tory party conference will be interesting now..*not good for boris.. but in the long run its especially bad for those wanting brexit.*we will now have weeks of an opposition/remain controlled house, with nothing actually likely to happen at all.*
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
Why the aggressive tone against the Prime Minister?

1) Because hes a ****head
2) The title of this thread rather explains why?
@nulli tertius, @fallen_acorns

What do you think? What happens next?

not a lot brexit wise.. the only workable majority is against a no deal exit.. it will just be ticking down the clock until borris fails to get a deal which the eu have no reason to give him.. then after they grant an extension, well all have a fun little election.

parliment being thete at this crucial time.. as we are always reminded.. doesnt mean that parliment will actuallyvdo anything. just a few more weeks of arguing posturing and indecision.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by fallen_acorns
pmqs and the tory party conference will be interesting now..*not good for boris.. but in the long run its especially bad for those wanting brexit.*we will now have weeks of an opposition/remain controlled house, with nothing actually likely to happen at all.*

Alas it means he wins either way though. He wants a hard brexit (despite his public fibs) and with parliament effectively filibustering the crap out of this no deal will happen when the EU gets fed up and tells Britain to pound sand. I'm not sure if its a brilliant piece of political maneuvering (On Cummings part not Johnsons) or a sheer **** up that just happens to suit them.
not a lot brexit wise.. the only workable majority is against a no deal exit.. it will just be ticking down the clock until borris fails to get a deal which the eu have no reason to give him.. then after they grant an extension, well all have a fun little election.

So you reckon that Johnson will extend?

There are calls for him to resign. What do you think about this?

Can the Government ignore the Court ruling?
Original post by Napp
1) Because hes a ****head
2) The title of this thread rather explains why?

1. I dont think so.
2. Fair.
Original post by Napp
Alas it means he wins either way though. He wants a hard brexit (despite his public fibs) and with parliament effectively filibustering the crap out of this no deal will happen when the EU gets fed up and tells Britain to pound sand. I'm not sure if its a brilliant piece of political maneuvering (On Cummings part not Johnsons) or a sheer **** up that just happens to suit them.

i really dont know about the eu getting fed up.. i know france and finland have been quite vocal, but i think they can see a potential road ahead.. a defacto second referendum will happen in the form of an election, that is guarenteed now. i think they will hold on to see what happens in the election before refusing to keep extending.. after all if borris looses, we will remain, which is their goal overal
Reply 15
1. I dont think so.

By any chance is this due to your extreme brexit views and his chub on for trying to carry them out?
Also, why did you decide to emphasis the fact hes the PM? (by default, not exactly a real one i hasten to add)
Original post by Napp

King Boris trying to shut out criticism of his non existent plans for a deal :rofl:

(edited 4 years ago)
So you reckon that Johnson will extend?

There are calls for him to resign. What do you think about this?

Can the Government ignore the Court ruling?

i think hes bluffing.. and will extend eventually. then use it as the basis for his election campaign.

i cant see him resigning, and the other parties wont get rid of him.. only chance for me that he wont be the leader by the next election is if.there is a mutiny within his own party.. possibly gove led.
Reply 18
i really dont know about the eu getting fed up.. i know france and finland have been quite vocal, but i think they can see a potential road ahead.. a defacto second referendum will happen in the form of an election, that is guarenteed now. i think they will hold on to see what happens in the election before refusing to keep extending.. after all if borris looses, we will remain, which is their goal overal

Possibly but thanks to the EUs democratic ideas of all in or no one in (ironic considering the brexit propaganda that theyre a dictatorship) all it would take is one country saying theyve had enough of Britain trying to destabilize the union. But it does remain to be seen what happens.
With that being said, with respect to ref2, im not entirely sure how it would make things better. There was an interesting (and surprisingly balanced) piece in thre spectator that noted we're way too far down the road for anything to go back to business as usual and itsa dubious the Europeans would want us to stay in now given how much agro it would cause.
Reply 19
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
King Boris trying to shut out criticism of his non existent plans for deal :rofl:

The lesson of Charles I springs to mind here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending