The Student Room Group

Blood, Stress and Tears - A Year 13 GYG

If-you-own-this-story.jpg

Year 13 GYG 2019/2020

Hey everyone! Welcome to my GYG for this year. If you want to check out my GYG from last year (although I'm not sure why you would want to) then here's the link to it:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5610656

Here's a bunch of random info about me:

My A-levels:

Spoiler

End of Year 12 Grades:

Spoiler

Predicted Grades:

Spoiler

UCAS Updates:

Spoiler

Goals for this year:

Spoiler

Tags from last year:

Spoiler

I'll start a new tag list so let me know if you want to stay tagged or be added to the tag list :smile:

Thanks for reading! :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
GOOD LUCK! I'm behind you all the way!
Reply 2
Original post by Tolgarda
GOOD LUCK! I'm behind you all the way!

Thank you! I appreciate it!
Reply 3
Good luck Fazzy!! Keep me tagged this year as well! :hugs:
Good luck:hugs:
(I won’t be tagged this year as I’m trying to avoid tags but I’ll add this to my watched threads:smile:)
Yess best of luck!! :danceboy:
Reply 6
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck Fazzy!! Keep me tagged this year as well! :hugs:

Thanks! Will do :hugs:
Original post by Toastiekid
Good luck:hugs:
(I won’t be tagged this year as I’m trying to avoid tags but I’ll add this to my watched threads:smile:)

Thank you!
No problem :tongue:
Original post by emilynxlan
Yess best of luck!! :danceboy:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Wednesday 25th September

So this year, I'm going to keep my posts short and I probably won't update very regularly since everyone know how crazy year 13 can get. But I'll try to update if anything major happens or whenever I have some spare time.

Private Study:
I managed to get some chemistry work done on rates of reaction and the rate-determining step. I also finished my economics homework and then ran out of work to do so I just read my book.

Chemistry:
We started on the Arrhenius equation today and the main thing I learnt is that I really need to go back and revise logs and ln :redface:. For some reason I just lose all my maths knowledge when we start doing maths in any other subject.

Economics:
We're carrying on with the theory of the firm. We've done revenue, so we moved on to the return of labour. It was just a lot of maths and graphs today so it was quite easy. I also had a meeting with my teacher after lesson to discuss how I could push my grade up from a B to an A. He gave me a few resources and we're meeting again in a few weeks to see my progress.

In Other News:
Yesterday after school I got my results back for a uni assignment I did over the summer for a programme and I got a 1st! :woo:

Inspirational-And-Motivational-Quotes79.jpg

Beautiful People:

Spoiler

Reply 8
Well done for getting a first with that uni assignment!! :woo:
Reply 9
Monday 30th September - Exhausted

Aghhh... how has a whole month of school already gone by? :eek:

Maths:
So with my first teacher we started with friction and I can sincerely say that I absolutely hate mechanics. I don't know why but it takes me soooo long to grasp anything in mechanics and I have to put so much effort into it. I just know the rest of this year will go by with me struggling with it and I'll probably have to do a million practice questions :frown:
The second period of maths was 100 times better, surprisingly. I say surprisingly because it also had an aspect of mechanics but somehow I found it really easy. We were doing vectors with mechanic - so application based questions. I was able to understand everything and I answered all the questions correctly so I think I'm good with that topic... (hopefully).

PSHE:
In PSHE today we mainly just discussed identity and what that means - in relation to Black History Month. It was a nice class discussion overall and we played a game of Who am I? where one person had to guess the celebrity that the rest of the class was describing.

Private Study:
It was a shorter session because of PSHE but I managed to get started on an economics past paper and go through the mulitple choice questions.

Chemistry:
We just did exam questions today to focus on our exam skills. We went through a paper on kinetics, so all the stuff on rates, rate equations and Arrhenius' equation. I got most of the questions right, so I'll take that as I understood most of the content we learnt in lesson :biggrin:. I just need to do some more exam style questions and I think I'll be solid on this topic.
Also, I got back my mock papers that we did at the start of this year. I got a B overall and I'm okay with that. Obviously there's a lot to improve on so I'll be doing way more practice papers this year.

In Other News:
I don't think I have anything else to mention so I guess I'll just pose a question to you guys: How has life been treating you? (deep, I know :biggrin:)

brian-tracy-inspirational-quote.jpg

Beautiful People: (let me know if you want to be added or removed x)

Spoiler

Man, everyone seems to understand chemistry so ridiculously quickly. Congratulations on this stuff though, and I'm envious of that B!

Hopefully, you're able to overcome the tribulations of mechanics!
Reply 11
Original post by Tolgarda
Man, everyone seems to understand chemistry so ridiculously quickly. Congratulations on this stuff though, and I'm envious of that B!

Hopefully, you're able to overcome the tribulations of mechanics!

No trust me, it took me AGES to get organic chemistry last year. We all learn at different paces so don't worry, you'll get it in the end.
And thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Fazzy_77
No trust me, it took me AGES to get organic chemistry last year. We all learn at different paces so don't worry, you'll get it in the end.
And thanks :biggrin:

We learn at different paces, but sit the exams at the same time! Anyway, I'm starting to get the hand of a few things, so my mood isn't dismal like a few weeks ago.

No problem.
Best of luck!
Reply 14
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Best of luck!

Thank you! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Fazzy_77
Thank you! :tongue:

Spoiler

Yes pleez. Mind checking out my GYG?
Good luck :smile:

Well done on that uni assignment. What was it about?

Also could I be tagged please?
Reply 17
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Yes pleez. Mind checking out my GYG?

Sure, I'll check it out :tongue:

Original post by JustAWxnderer
Good luck :smile:

Well done on that uni assignment. What was it about?

Also could I be tagged please?

Thank you!
The assignment was on the quantum effects of black holes.
Yepp, I'll tag you :smile:
Reply 18
Friday 4th October

Damn, this week went by super quickly...

Chemistry:
Ok, so today we moved onto the equilibrium constant for gases, Kp. It was heavily maths based so we mainly just did a whole lot of questions to get familiar with the equations and how to calculate Kp. Just in general, I've been feeling a lot better about chemistry than I was last year but I know what everyone says about A2 chem so I'm just waiting for my bubble to burst :sadnod:.

Economics:
We started on production and costs in the long-run after finishing the short-run. We did the LRAC curve and just touched on economies and diseconomies of scale but didn't have much time to go into depth yet. But I have to say, the number of graphs and diagrams I've had to draw this week... its crazy! Also, my teacher gave me a 'challenge' workbook so that I can go even more in depth in all the topics and hopefully boost my grade :crossedf:.

Private Study:
I managed to finish most of my maths homework so it was a pretty productive session today, despite all the chaos going on around me due to the lack of supervision.

In Other News:
I'm attending a uni open day tomorrow so hopefully that will be useful :smile:.

Steve-Jobs-The-Only-Way-inspirational-quote.png

Beautiful People: (let me know if you want to be added or removed x)

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
**** that unconfident **** at the end. I'm sure you can make it.

I was recently introduced to Kp too. I found that it is very similar to Kc, except that when calculating the pressure for the gases, there is one extra step after filling your values int he table (although this wasn't the same for all questions).
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending