The Student Room Group

Boris Johnson is the greatest prime minister of all times!!

Scroll to see replies

Boris Johnson is a self obsessed narcissist and a liar who cares only for himself.

But I think you might actually be right (not for that policy though which I disagree with) not for any of his actual policies which are shambolic, stupid and basically the same old liberal nonsense we’re accustomed to.

But he might be the greatest PM of the century in that he is actually doing what the people want, is standing up to the establishment ((even if this is only fractionally*) and has actually shown some balls and decisiveness when dealing with rebels.

*[ Boris like Trump to an extent is indeed part of the establishment, but is behaving like trump increasingly like an outsider or/and populist (actually going what people want)
Original post by MagnumKoishi
Oh no I hope you're not telling the truth. I was hoping cambridge of all places would be somewhere that encouraged respecting other people's opinions during debates (and not typing in caps and using expletives)

Sorry, I was trying to incite a response from people. Anyways, yes I am going to cambridge actually and I do encourage debates. do you know why? because I haven't threatened to report people because they don't agree with me. I did not mean the stuff I said about you but the points I have raised are valid. Debates are a two way street and you haven't responded to any of my points. Ergo, you either can't answer the points because you know it's true or my points are not valid. Can't be latter because you would have proven them to be not valid. I don't know what party I support, i find them all hypocrites. I assume I don't have to give examples for that..? Ooooh threathing to report me? where is your evidence? who have I stopped from voting? I was expressing an opinion to which I have a legal right to. you know that people don't get convicted for murder for just thinking about murdering someone. Are you going report Boris too? He has kicked people out of the party that he doesn't agree with. You are clearly proving my point... Convervative party are full of hypocrites who think that there should be one rule for rich and another for everyone else. Look, if someone is dying at the hospital you don't ask everyone at the hospital their opinion on what to do with the patient? No you do what the doctor thinks is right. The problem with Pleblicite is that people don't have access to all the facts. Its therefore easy for them to make the wrong decision. Anyways, if I meet you at cambridge miraculously I am not averse to grabbing a drink.
Original post by Greywolftwo
That’s why they were originally called plebiscites, giving the vote to the plebs or common people

I know what plebiscite is... I am saying that it is fundamentally flawed...
Agreed but this is likely either extreme justice or there was more to the story. Either way as a society and especially role models within our society, it is our duty to become informed.

The problem is that for so long now certain things have been normalised without challenge. For example I remember Englishmen, Scottishmen and Irishmen jokes being published in children's joke books. All jovial fun whilst embedding in our psyche the idea that all Irish are a bit dim. That is not right on any level of an equal society.
Original post by byakuya kuchki
I know what plebiscite is... I am saying that it is fundamentally flawed...

That’s why it’s flawed though
Original post by Alt Tankie
Boris Johnson is a self obsessed narcissist and a liar who cares only for himself.

But I think you might actually be right (not for that policy though which I disagree with) not for any of his actual policies which are shambolic, stupid and basically the same old liberal nonsense we’re accustomed to.

But he might be the greatest PM of the century in that he is actually doing what the people want, is standing up to the establishment ((even if this is only fractionally*) and has actually shown some balls and decisiveness when dealing with rebels.

*[ Boris like Trump to an extent is indeed part of the establishment, but is behaving like trump increasingly like an outsider or/and populist (actually going what people want)

Sure... he's stood up to the elitist ERG like a... I think he's going for the record books... the shortest serving PM ever!
(edited 4 years ago)
As Johnson lurches from one calamity to another, we can see that some of the post in this thread are ageing like milk at room temperature.
Original post by _Wellies_
As Johnson lurches from one calamity to another, we can see that some of the post in this thread are ageing like milk at room temperature.

The posts are fine... it's the thread title that's laughable. That and Cummings is a political genius. Problem with the truth is that you can bury it but it has a knack of eventually boiling to the surface.
Original post by Vinny C
The posts are fine... it's the thread title that's laughable. That and Cummings is a political genius. Problem with the truth is that you can bury it but it has a knack of eventually boiling to the surface.

It's not the truth that's the problem.. its people's perception and their interpretation of it. I fear that this ruling might backfire by making Boris a martyr for people who agree with Brexit. Thus, will only serve to validate him in the eyes of his followers (see trump). The only way to get rid of this is to end the division he has created.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by byakuya kuchki
It's not the truth that's the problem.. its people's perception and their interpretation of it. I fear that this ruling might backfire by making Boris a martyr for people who agree with Brexit. Thus, will only serve to validate him in the eyes of his followers (see trump). The only way to get rid of this is to end the division he has created.

I see no way to do that... one can only eliminate what isn't working. I admit the Lib Dem option is a little... bold but at least the Brexiteers would blame the govt and not the other half of the nation.
Original post by Vinny C
I see no way to do that... one can only eliminate what isn't working. I admit the Lib Dem option is a little... bold but at least the Brexiteers would blame the govt and not the other half of the nation.

I believe that the options we seek should protect A) the integrity of democracy in this country and b) protect people's perception of government. In my opinion, a second referendum is the way to do this which will people the choice between remaining or accepting May's deal seeing as its the best deal we are going to get..
Reply 51
I’d marry big ol’ borris
Original post by HucktheForde
Boris Johnson rips up restrictions on foreign students with two-year post-study work visa

International students will be able to stay and work in the UK for two years after graduating a huge climbdown by the Government which had previously restricted the period to four months.

The rule change ends one of Theresa May’s most controversial immigration policies which critics argued would deter international students from applying to British institutions and would lead to the loss of bright students who could contribute to the UK after being educated here.

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/post-study-work-visa-international-students/

THANK U BORIS

:woo:

:woo::woo:

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

Boris seems not to care about whether we leave the EU with or without a deal though... I get that he wants to keep his promise of leaving on October 21st but he may not be good for the economy (remember, the population did not vote for Boris. They voted for Theresa May).
Original post by biggyK
I’d marry big ol’ borris

Crikey!
The thread title is possibly even the best British joke I have ever heard of. Boris would make me laugh, if the meaning is not so sad. :frown:
Where have all the Brexiteers gone? So vocal when crushing toads beneath the harrow but a bunch of ****es when the toads bite back.
No he’s not. Maggie was far more supreme.
Reply 57
I think Theresa May is a strong contender here...
Reply 58
Boris entertains and inspires the UN:

https://youtu.be/XaN-MbGV4dY
Original post by Vinny C
Where have all the Brexiteers gone? So vocal when crushing toads beneath the harrow but a bunch of ****es when the toads bite back.

You're a true blue Tory. If it wasn't for Brexit you would running around in a scruffy blond wig.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending