The Student Room Group

Geography 2020 Applicants

As there was no thread, I decided to make one of my own! :smile:

Welcome to the 2020 Geography Applicants Thread! This is a discussion thread for those of you applying to Geography courses for 2020 Entry.

You may want to leave your details here using the following format:
A Levels taken: (+optional: predicted grades)

University A (Course 1)
University B (Course 2)
University C (Course 3)
University D (Course 4)
University E (Course 5)

Cheers! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'll make the first move:
LSE
Cambridge
UCL
Warwick

I did not take A-levels, as I am an international student. I will send my application by the beginning of October.
hiya
I'm doing English literature, History and Geography, with predicted A's.
Think I'm gonna apply to Leeds, Durham, Bristol, Birmingham and Newcastle, although not 100% sure yet x
Original post by orangey321
hiya
I'm doing English literature, History and Geography, with predicted A's.
Think I'm gonna apply to Leeds, Durham, Bristol, Birmingham and Newcastle, although not 100% sure yet x

Hey! That sounds great. :smile: Did you write your PS yet or perhaps even send off your application?
Original post by acedmathshaaha
Hey! That sounds great. :smile: Did you write your PS yet or perhaps even send off your application?

I've done all the PS apart from the intro, idk what to write ahhh
I've done all the PS apart from the intro, idk what to write ahhh

I started with a personal quote, Maybe this helps?
Reply 6
Good luck to everyone applying! :rave:

:woo: For other applicant threads, please check this huge list HERE! :woo:

@Puddles the Monkey @04MR17
I started with a personal quote, Maybe this helps?

Wait you quoted yourself?
Wait you quoted yourself?

No, a family member.
No, a family member.

aha right ok
(edited 4 years ago)
aha right ok

Did you find something to start with?
Hi! I am a student at the University of Cambridge. I tutor students aiming to get an offer for Geography, the subject I am currently studying. Since there are not a lot of past papers for the geography admissions assessment (GAA), I have made up my own using current degree course material. I currently have 6 samples for section 2. If anyone would like to buy them please private message me. :smile:
Reply 12
I’m applying to:
Cambridge
Durham
Lancaster
Loughborough
Newcastle
I’m doing Geography, Politics and Biology at A-level with three A*s predicted.
Did anyone do AS levels as I don’t know anyone who did them?
Original post by francesca.smith
Hi! I am a student at the University of Cambridge. I tutor students aiming to get an offer for Geography, the subject I am currently studying. Since there are not a lot of past papers for the geography admissions assessment (GAA), I have made up my own using current degree course material. I currently have 6 samples for section 2. If anyone would like to buy them please private message me. :smile:

Hello Francesca
That sounds great, aware you aware of anyone who is doing something similar for the GAT for Oxford Geography please ?
Reply 14
Hello!
I do French, Geography and Chemistry, Predicted and hoping for A*A*A respectively.
I'm applying for
Cambridge
Bristol
Durham (BA)
Edinburgh (BA)

Good Luck everyone!
Original post by S1G
Hello Francesca
That sounds great, aware you aware of anyone who is doing something similar for the GAT for Oxford Geography please ?

Hi! Unfortunatley I do not know anyone studying geography at Oxford. However, the GAT and GAA are actually very similar to my knowledge. Maybe you could check out the Cambridge version and see if you feel I may be able to help you anyway. Especially note section two where the data response essays are very similar. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 16
I'm currently studying Geography, Economics and Maths (predicted 3A*s)
I'm applying to:
Oxford
Birmingham
LSE
UCL
Nottingham
Original post by Deggs_14
Hello!
I do French, Geography and Chemistry, Predicted and hoping for A*A*A respectively.
I'm applying for
Cambridge
Bristol
Durham (BA)
Edinburgh (BA)

Good Luck everyone!

Hi, I am doing Maths, Geography and Economics and am also predicted the same.
I am applying for Cambridge too - how are you preparing for the GAA!!
Reply 18
Original post by _simiiii
Hi, I am doing Maths, Geography and Economics and am also predicted the same.
I am applying for Cambridge too - how are you preparing for the GAA!!

I've made flashcards on the TSA section if it, ie the type of question and what you should look for. Then I've done quite a few practice essays on the graph stimulus question. Less than a month to go now until the exam! Eek!
OMG you have done way way WAY more than me ... i have only looked at the TSA part not even the essay part. Any advice?
What topics have you planned? Where do I even begin with the essay part?!
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending