The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton University Midiwfery

Hello,
I am going to be applying to uni next year (2021 entry) for midwifery. Southampton are asking for AAB with a pure science.
I'm taking psychology, philosophy and geography so I don't actually have a pure science.
I'm doing an EPQ relating to midwifery and I know they offer lower grades for EPQ.
My question is: would they consider my application with no pure science even if I got higher grades than they ask for?
Original post by Sjtb34
Hello,
I am going to be applying to uni next year (2021 entry) for midwifery. Southampton are asking for AAB with a pure science.
I'm taking psychology, philosophy and geography so I don't actually have a pure science.
I'm doing an EPQ relating to midwifery and I know they offer lower grades for EPQ.
My question is: would they consider my application with no pure science even if I got higher grades than they ask for?

Phone them up and ask. I'm applying to Southampton for medicine so can't help you here. If it's an entry requirement, then chances are they won't let you but phone anyways.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
I had the exact same problem as you and also asked Southampton if my midwifery EPQ would count for anything as i didn't have a pure science- only psychology and sociology. They don't accept this though so when i went to visit they suggested doing an access course from home in my gap year and reapply for 2021 (i'm class of 2020 so a year above you).
Reply 3
Original post by Oliviadaisy.w
I had the exact same problem as you and also asked Southampton if my midwifery EPQ would count for anything as i didn't have a pure science- only psychology and sociology. They don't accept this though so when i went to visit they suggested doing an access course from home in my gap year and reapply for 2021 (i'm class of 2020 so a year above you).

Thank you. I think I might just apply for other uni's that will accept psychology.
Good luck in your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending