The Student Room Group

diet to lose man boobs?

Basically i use to be fat and I lost weight like a year ago but to this day i still have b
man boobs even though my bmi from my age and height says Im at the weight I should be at. So please give me advice on a diet to eat to get rid of man boobs so that when i start exercising I will actually lose them.

I know Im not suppose to eat certain foods like eggs and tomatoes and thats what I was literally eating as my diet before I found out its not good to eat them if I wanna lose man boobs but what can I actually eat?

And also what foods can I eat as a snack.
But yeah if you give me foods I can eat that will make me lose ma boobs then thank you as Im wanting to start dieting again just to lose them.

Scroll to see replies

Do you mean you have saggy skin or still have fat deposits on your chest ? Your doctor can help
Original post by cheesetop
Basically i use to be fat and I lost weight like a year ago but to this day i still have b
man boobs even though my bmi from my age and height says Im at the weight I should be at. So please give me advice on a diet to eat to get rid of man boobs so that when i start exercising I will actually lose them.

I know Im not suppose to eat certain foods like eggs and tomatoes and thats what I was literally eating as my diet before I found out its not good to eat them if I wanna lose man boobs but what can I actually eat?

But yeah if you give me foods I can eat that will make me lose ma boobs then thank you as Im wanting to start dieting again just to lose them.

First of all, where did you read that you shouldn't eat eggs and tomatoes?
Eggs are an important source of protein and tomatoes are chock full of a variety of vitamins.
There is no diet that specifically causes fat loss in specific areas of the body.
In general the way to lose weight is to burn more energy than you consume. But to assist your goals especially as you seem to be interested in starting exercising, a high protein - low carb diet is what i would suggest. In regards to proteins stick to high BV proteins like lean beef, chicken (without the skin), eggs and plant based proteins. Reduce your consumption of processed foods as these usually contain sugars and salt which will make it harder to keep track of intake. Also supplement with vegetables.

As for snacks fruits and certain nuts are the way to go, but remember "everything in moderation".

And also if what you have is excess skin as a result of overly stretched skin due to being overweight and loosing the weight, the only solution in that case is surgery to remove the loose skin.
Reply 4
Original post by Welshvisitor
Do you mean you have saggy skin or still have fat deposits on your chest ? Your doctor can help

i have fat deposits on my chest
Reply 5
Original post by david_sorbet
First of all, where did you read that you shouldn't eat eggs and tomatoes?
Eggs are an important source of protein and tomatoes are chock full of a variety of vitamins.
There is no diet that specifically causes fat loss in specific areas of the body.
In general the way to lose weight is to burn more energy than you consume. But to assist your goals especially as you seem to be interested in starting exercising, a high protein - low carb diet is what i would suggest. In regards to proteins stick to high BV proteins like lean beef, chicken (without the skin), eggs and plant based proteins. Reduce your consumption of processed foods as these usually contain sugars and salt which will make it harder to keep track of intake. Also supplement with vegetables.

As for snacks fruits and certain nuts are the way to go, but remember "everything in moderation".

i read off some website that eggs and tomatoes along with a lot of other things contain estrogen which builds up fat where my man boobs are. Its just annoying having man boobs as Im not fat but I feel fat and people that are bigger than me think theyre slimmer just because they dont have moobs.

And also about what u said about exercising more than u consume I want to do that but I dont have a treadmill currently and I feel like thats the only way I can really do exercise without getting bored quickly. Id go to a gym but Im in college right now and I dont have a part time job or anything. So what Ill do id when I get a job Ill buy a treadmill if my parents let me and then Ill make sure I exercise at least 200 calories more than I eat.
Reply 6
And also if what you have is excess skin as a result of overly stretched skin due to being overweight and loosing the weight, the only solution in that case is surgery to remove the loose skin.

i definitely dont have excess skin Ive got man boobs. Theyre not very big or anything but I do wanna get rid of them. Ive seen videos of guys with man boobs the same as mine or bigger and manage to lose them through exercise without doig surgery so hopefully that can be the same for me when I get a treadmill.
i read off some website that eggs and tomatoes along with a lot of other things contain estrogen which builds up fat where my man boobs are. Its just annoying having man boobs as Im not fat but I feel fat and people that are bigger than me think theyre slimmer just because they dont have moobs.

And also about what u said about exercising more than u consume I want to do that but I dont have a treadmill currently and I feel like thats the only way I can really do exercise without getting bored quickly. Id go to a gym but Im in college right now and I dont have a part time job or anything. So what Ill do id when I get a job Ill buy a treadmill if my parents let me and then Ill make sure I exercise at least 200 calories more than I eat.

You definitely don't need a treadmill. Just make sure you are constantly active. Walk everywhere. If you are worried about getting bored, try and plan your route to pass through places you haven't been, pack your music library, download some audio books.
Just keep active. You don't really need to go to the gym. There are several exercises you can do at home.
In any case, you need a doctor's consultation. He will tell you for sure that you need an operation or nutrition adjustment. Do not self-medicate or your own methods :smile:
Great job losing the weight :smile:

Sounds like you've been left with the usual fatty deposits, which diets alone struggle to deal with. These are typically on ones bum, thighs, tummy or, as in your case pectoral region (chest/breast).
As you've mentioned you were previously overweight and have not mentioned any other symptom it's most likely the cause of the issue, rather than some sort of hormonal imbalance (if you have concerns pop along to the doctor).

Exercise is really the key here. I'm a little puzzled that you say, "when i start exercising". Start today with an extra 20 mins walk and a couple of press ups.

Sustainability is the key here - don't plan to be a gym bunny. Just plan to get your 10k steps with some simple toning exercises every day, try to thrown in and a couple runs a week. Do this for 6 months and you'll be right as rain. Joining any sort of sports club is a great way to improve too - does your school or institution have any sports groups that you'd be interested in joining?

Obviously you also need a healthy balanced diet but removing eggs and tomatoes are not an issue (this is dubious forum based advice and is about hormones, which doesn't appear to be the cause of your issue). I'd start with reducing, aiming to remove, sugary drinks, deserts, sweets, crisps and high fat foods. If you smoke or drink too much; stop. A diet is not the goal; sustainable healthy eating for the rest of your life is.

Track everything on myfitnesspal or similar application so you can stay on track and understand where you're going wrong.

Talk to your doctor before doing anything radical or if you have underlying health issues.
(edited 4 years ago)
Answer = Body Re-composition

- go in a moderate calorie deficit
- eat more protein in your diet, combined with greens.
- introduce strength training into your life 3 x a week

Do this for 6 months and your man boobs will disappear

I strongly recommend you look into intermittent fasting. I strongly recommend it having been using it for the past three years.

Don't worry, you do not restrict your calories, only your eating window. For example, I eat 3000 calories between 1200 - 2000, and nothing outside of this window.

Along side this you should look into a strength training programme. Riptoes 'Starting Strength' is a good place to start. The routine is only three days a week for 45 mins a session. If you can't commit to this you might as well give up on your quest now.

Also, don't exclude fat or carbs from your diet. Eggs are a good source of nutrition. Don't consume artificial sweeteners.

Hope I helped
i have fat deposits on my chest

So i feel its important to mention i have no expertise or knowledge this is just my opinion but:

I think the body burns fat near where its required, hence why when people run or do squats there legs become more toned, people who do lots of core have good abs.

Based on this i would work-out the chest muscles and surrounding muscles, so bench press, pec flys, maybe some shoulder and back stuff as well.
Couple this with a net negative calorie diet and I think you will cut the fat on your chest.
Original post by Flying Pig
I strongly recommend you look into intermittent fasting. I strongly recommend it having been using it for the past three years.

Don't worry, you do not restrict your calories, only your eating window. For example, I eat 3000 calories between 1200 - 2000, and nothing outside of this window.

Along side this you should look into a strength training programme. Riptoes 'Starting Strength' is a good place to start. The routine is only three days a week for 45 mins a session. If you can't commit to this you might as well give up on your quest now.

Also, don't exclude fat or carbs from your diet. Eggs are a good source of nutrition. Don't consume artificial sweeteners.

Hope I helped

I don't think you should be issuing discouraging comments such as this "If you can't commit to this you might as well give up on your quest now". Every individuals weight loss journey is unique and gradual and to say such things is not encouraging or useful.
Reply 14
I think you going to the doctor.
Reply 15
Original post by JTfoxlove
Great job losing the weight :smile:

Sounds like you've been left with the usual fatty deposits, which diets alone struggle to deal with. These are typically on ones bum, thighs, tummy or, as in your case pectoral region (chest/breast).
As you've mentioned you were previously overweight and have not mentioned any other symptom it's most likely the cause of the issue, rather than some sort of hormonal imbalance (if you have concerns pop along to the doctor).

Exercise is really the key here. I'm a little puzzled that you say, "when i start exercising". Start today with an extra 20 mins walk and a couple of press ups.

Sustainability is the key here - don't plan to be a gym bunny. Just plan to get your 10k steps with some simple toning exercises every day, try to thrown in and a couple runs a week. Do this for 6 months and you'll be right as rain. Joining any sort of sports club is a great way to improve too - does your school or institution have any sports groups that you'd be interested in joining?

Obviously you also need a healthy balanced diet but removing eggs and tomatoes are not an issue (this is dubious forum based advice and is about hormones, which doesn't appear to be the cause of your issue). I'd start with reducing, aiming to remove, sugary drinks, deserts, sweets, crisps and high fat foods. If you smoke or drink too much; stop. A diet is not the goal; sustainable healthy eating for the rest of your life is.

Track everything on myfitnesspal or similar application so you can stay on track and understand where you're going wrong.

Talk to your doctor before doing anything radical or if you have underlying health issues.

I already do exercise like I walk to and from a bus station 5 days a week which is a mile there and a mile back. And each wednesday I do an enrichment where i run 1.8 miles. I mean my moobs look a bit smaller after that but theyre still there and in a few days they just grow back to their origional size.

And I feel like Ill find it easier with a treadmill so when I get one Ill try burn more calories than I eat but thats pretty hard without a treadmill because when I exercise I dont know how much Im losing.
Reply 16
You definitely don't need a treadmill. Just make sure you are constantly active. Walk everywhere. If you are worried about getting bored, try and plan your route to pass through places you haven't been, pack your music library, download some audio books.
Just keep active. You don't really need to go to the gym. There are several exercises you can do at home.

true but I wont be able to know how much calories Im losing a day but.with a treadmill Ill be able to. Plus its easier as I can just listen to music whilst running and then take a break and go on it again.

Eating Eggs and Tomatoes don't do anything tbh... I had man boobs a year back... I would say that make sure that your diet is consistant and rarely have cheat days... I have cereal in the morning, 2 fried Eggs for lunch, 2 pieces of roast chicken legs for dinner and like 11ish Almonds as a snack at night...Not the best IK but it works for me.. Find what works for you... The only 2 ways you can loose man Boobs are through surgery or exercising.. I would recomend watching AthleanX videos for loosing Man boobs, they're simple and effective..
i definitely dont have excess skin Ive got man boobs. Theyre not very big or anything but I do wanna get rid of them. Ive seen videos of guys with man boobs the same as mine or bigger and manage to lose them through exercise without doig surgery so hopefully that can be the same for me when I get a treadmill.

That won’t reduce breast tissue by very much
true but I wont be able to know how much calories Im losing a day but.with a treadmill Ill be able to. Plus its easier as I can just listen to music whilst running and then take a break and go on it again.

It will make everything else skinnier but not your man boobs.. Lift weights and target your chest.. No need to measure calories.. You'll see progress in a couple of weeks when Lifting weights..

Quick Reply

Latest