The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Accounting and Finance
Leeds, Warwick, Bath, Durham, LoughboroughA levels: Accounting, Maths, Further Maths at A*,A,B
GCSES- International GCSES CIE 1A* 7A 1B
Do you think I have a good chance?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by russo25
Accounting and Finance
Leeds, Warwick, Bath, Durham, Loughborough
A levels: Accounting, Maths, Further Maths at A*,A,B
GCSES- International GCSES CIE 1A* 7A 1B
Do you think I have a good chance?

If you're on target to meet/have met the entry requirements and you have a good personal statement, then of course you do.
Reply 3
Geography (Bsc)
Leeds, Manchester, Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met
A level predicted: AAB
AS level: A
GCSE: 1x 9, 3x8 4x7/A 1x6 1x5
Reply 4
What course you are applying for: Dentistry
What universities you are thinking of: Sheffield, liverpool, manchester
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: AAA
GCSE grades: 987777766
Extra curriculars: 2x volunteering, cadets, work experience, working
Original post by mollys86
Geography (Bsc)
Leeds, Manchester, Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met
A level predicted: AAB
AS level: A
GCSE: 1x 9, 3x8 4x7/A 1x6 1x5

Original post by AnnaB28
What course you are applying for: Dentistry
What universities you are thinking of: Sheffield, liverpool, manchester
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: AAA
GCSE grades: 987777766
Extra curriculars: 2x volunteering, cadets, work experience, working

I see you both have your hearts set on Northern cities! They certainly have the advantages of a lower cost of living than the southern cities.
What course you are applying for: Biology (MBiol)
What universities you are thinking of: Durham & York
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 888777666
Extra curricular: none🤷🏽*♀️
What course are you applying for:PPE
What universities are you thinking of: I actually applied yesterday to Oxford, Warwick, Durham, QUB and Leeds
A level predicted grades: I actually have no idea but I got AAAA at AS so probably A*s
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*AAAA78
Extracurriculars: Public speaking, Bar Mock Trial, work experience, kids’ clubs, peace camp
Original post by CatusStarbright
Are you applying or thinking of applying to the University of Leeds for 2020 entry? Then this is the place to be!

This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

What course you are applying for:
What universities you are thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:
(Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.)

You can also check out a list of other applicants threads here.

Course: Law LLB
Choices: Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool and Bristol
PG: D*D in CTEC Applied Science, A* in Sociology
GCSE’s: A*BBBBBB
Extracurriculars: Internship at my local MPs office, one day intern for Westminster Abbey, Form representative 2 years in a row at college, athletics, job at Wetherspoons etc.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nathan_nacu
Course: Law LLB
Choices: Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Derby and Aston University
PG: DD in BTEC Applied Science, A* in Sociology
GCSE’s: A*BBBBBC
Extracurriculars: Internship at my local MPs office, one day intern for Westminster Abbey, Form representative 2 years in a row at college, athletics, job at Wetherspoons etc.

If you have any questions about Law at Leeds then I'm your person! I'm a third-year law student at Leeds currently on a year abroad :smile:
If you have any questions about Law at Leeds then I'm your person! I'm a third-year law student at Leeds currently on a year abroad :smile:

Thanks, but I went for an open day today actually and had all my questions answered, I do have one thought that I forgot to ask, how is the diversity on the Law course in terms of Black ppl, I’m hearing it’s lacking there
Thanks, but I went for an open day today actually and had all my questions answered, I do have one thought that I forgot to ask, how is the diversity on the Law course in terms of Black ppl, I’m hearing it’s lacking there

Great :smile:
I suppose Law is mostly white, but there are a number of black students as well as international students from countries all over the world. If you're concerned about a lack of diversity then really don't be. There are equality and diversity events within the School of Law, an equality, diversity and inclusion committee (the Head of School, Alistair, is very keen on this element) and there's also the LawSoc Equality & Diversity Secretary.

I've always found the school to be a very welcoming place no matter what your background, nationality or colour happens to be.
What course you are applying for: Medicine
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Manchester, Keele
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A*
GCSE grades: 999998A*777
Extra curriculars:Volunteering at my church in every way imaginable since i was 10, 1 week at a GP
Great :smile:
I suppose Law is mostly white, but there are a number of black students as well as international students from countries all over the world. If you're concerned about a lack of diversity then really don't be. There are equality and diversity events within the School of Law, an equality, diversity and inclusion committee (the Head of School, Alistair, is very keen on this element) and there's also the LawSoc Equality & Diversity Secretary.

I've always found the school to be a very welcoming place no matter what your background, nationality or colour happens to be.

Thanks for this! I just hope I get in!
Thanks for this! I just hope I get in!

Best of luck! The applications and admissions process is a long one so just remember to hang in there when things get tough :smile:
What course you are applying for: Economics
What universities you are thinking of: Cambridge, Durham, York and Kent
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 4 A*s 5As 1B
What course you are applying for: History
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Exeter, Manchester, Loughborough, Warwick
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: AAA D2
GCSE grades: 99A*87766B
Are you applying or thinking of applying to the University of Leeds for 2020 entry? Then this is the place to be!

This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process.

What course you are applying for:
What universities you are thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:
(Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.)

You can also check out a list of other applicants threads here.

I am applying for nursing at university of Leeds. My predicted grades are BBB and my GCSE grades are 87766655. I have done nursery work experience and have visited a care home. During school i have done charity leader, part of student forum
Reply 18
Hey,

Course: Banking and Finance
Other Unis: Warwick and Reading
GCSE: 777A*A*AAABBBC
A Level predicted: AAB-ABB +EPQ A
Extra curricular: nothing this year tbh

I'm planning to apply for the Access To Leeds scheme and my epq is based on market stability and risk management.
Anyone else considering doing this course too? :five:
Reply 19
What course you are applying for: Business management/ Business economics
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Loughborough, Bath, Nottingham
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:Business,Biology&Psychology AAA (my college don’t predict A*s unless you need one but I think I’ll get A*AA)
AS grade:A
GCSE grades: A*A9877766
Extra curriculars: Work experience at 3 different companies, Camp America, Part time job in retail, Volunteer for a charity, Sports- dance&swimming teams, Student ambassador at my college

Latest