The Student Room Group

Every day stockings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BambinaGold
Usually pantyhose manufacturers have an assortment of stockings too.
I think you will find something for yourself.
Good luck!

UPD:
How about this? :heart:
stockings-thigh-highs-hold-ups-sheer-stockings-conte-flame.jpg
socks-tights.com - stockings - model Flame

Grazi Bambina.
I buy my work stockings from M&S.
I find them to be good quality, they wear well look good on the legs, and I just love the lacy tops.
Over the years I have tried other brands but for me M&S are the stand out stockings.
I agree. M&S are good for everyday stockings.
Have never bought any stockings from M&S.
Need to top up my stockings drawer.
Would love to hear from any regular M&S wearers as to whether they think they are good stockings and worthy of buying.
Excellent. Thanks Bexs.
Sounds like I need to invest in a few pairs and see how I go.
Do they wear well? Do they look good on the legs? Thankyou. X
Sounds good Bexs.
My Mum was going into town today, so I asked her to pop into M&S for me and pick up a couple of pairs of the ivory and black stockings.
I am already wearing a pair of the ivory ones, what a lovely colour. You were so right they really look and feel good on the legs.
I really like the lacy tops.
Tomorrow will be the acid test when I wear a black pair to work.
You should be a Hoisey consultant lol.
Thankyou ever so much for the recomendation and the time you have spent helping me. X
I was recommended to the M&S stockings to try.
I wore them to work for the first time today.
Got several positive comments. They are really lovely stockings, I bought some ivory and black ones.
They looked and felt good throughout the day, they also have a lovely feminine lacy top.
I cant recommend these stockings enough.
Off shopping tomorrow, will certainly be buying more for my stockings drawer.
I am looking for some good quality work stockings.
Owing to the nature of my job they need to look good, wear well, as they will be worn for quite a few hours at a time.
I have seen a few posts about some M&S stockings. Can anybody enlighten me as to whether these would be suitable or not?
Thankyou.
Original post by Cockpit Babe
I am looking for some good quality work stockings.
Owing to the nature of my job they need to look good, wear well, as they will be worn for quite a few hours at a time.
I have seen a few posts about some M&S stockings. Can anybody enlighten me as to whether these would be suitable or not?
Thankyou.

I buy my everyday work stockings from online companies.
That way you get a good choice of brands to go for and you can pay as little or as much as you would like.
Original post by londonmyst
Christian Dior stockings are fantastic quality.
I have pairs I've been wearing since 2013, still in great condition.

M&S stockings are cheap priced and look ok but tend to ladder after three uses.

Hi Londonmyst.
I see from this thread that you wear Christian dior stockings.
I recently ordered some on line having never worn the brand before.
I am worried that I might have spent my money without doing any research.
Would you be able to help and advise me. I know you said they are good quality.Roughly how many wears do you get to a pair ? Do they look good on the legs?
They have been bought for work purposes so will need to be robust as I am on my feet alot during the day.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
If you would rather you can pm me.
Thankyou.

Thankyou.

I wonder if you would be good enough to look at the thread and come back to me with some help and advice
Original post by Tartan Lass
Hi Londonmyst.
I see from this thread that you wear Christian dior stockings.
I recently ordered some on line having never worn the brand before.
I am worried that I might have spent my money without doing any research.
Would you be able to help and advise me. I know you said they are good quality.Roughly how many wears do you get to a pair ? Do they look good on the legs?
They have been bought for work purposes so will need to be robust as I am on my feet alot during the day.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
If you would rather you can pm me.

Thankyou.

I wonder if you would be good enough to look at the thread and come back to me with some help and advice

Christian Dior stockings are a good investment, they look great and are amazingly durable.
Mine tend to last for a minimum of 3 years without any visible wear.
I wear them at least four days a week to work, when exercising dogs and at uni.
I'm still wearing a white pair bought in 2013, I only wear this pair when I'm not at work because they attract too much attention from guys.

One thing though, if you work with older guys quite a few seem to have radar for Christian Dior stockings.
Particularly if you are wearing them with a short skirt or a brightly coloured dress that clashes with stocking colour.
I only wear the white stockings away from the office because of the coworkers in senior roles who seem to believe it is ok for them to try stroking my leg as if I'm a pet kitty. :mad:
Christian Dior stockings are a good investment, they look great and are amazingly durable.
I'm still wearing a white pair bought in 2013, I only wear this pair when I'm not at work because they attract too much attention from guys.

One thing though, if you work with older guys quite a few seem to have radar for Christian Dior stockings.
Particularly if you are wearing them with a short skirt or a brightly coloured dress that clashes with stocking colour.
I only wear the white stockings away from the office because of the coworkers in senior roles who seem to believe it is ok for them to try stroking my leg as if I'm a pet kitty. :mad:

Hi thanks for coming back to me.
They sound amazing, never ever had a pair last that long they must be good.
The skirts that I wear are just above the knee, I have my suspenders set so that I can wear my stockings high up the leg so I dont flash the tops.
The colours I have are black and navy, these are most suitable for work, that being said they look nice. I will be wearing mine at least 5, times a week.
Omg I cant believe they stroke your legs, that is not right, are they feeling for the suspenders do you think?
Certainly wont be buying any white ones then.
Thankyou oh so much for all your info.
Will let you know how I get on if you are interested.
Hi thanks for coming back to me.
They sound amazing, never ever had a pair last that long they must be good.
The skirts that I wear are just above the knee, I have my suspenders set so that I can wear my stockings high up the leg so I dont flash the tops.
The colours I have are black and navy, these are most suitable for work, that being said they look nice. I will be wearing mine at least 5, times a week.
Omg I cant believe they stroke your legs, that is not right, are they feeling for the suspenders do you think?
Certainly wont be buying any white ones then.
Thankyou oh so much for all your info.
Will let you know how I get on if you are interested.

Thankyou once again for the rep, you must be my number one fan lol.
I think I would have ended up saying something if a guy stroked my leg or felt for my suspenders.
Thankyou once again for the rep, you must be my number one fan lol.
I think I would have ended up saying something if a guy stroked my leg or felt for my suspenders.

Christian Dior stockings are fantastic quality.
I have pairs I've been wearing since 2013, still in great condition.

M&S stockings are cheap priced and look ok but tend to ladder after three uses.

Hi Londonmyst.
I meant to say to you when we were last talking.
If you like nice nylon stockings, have you tried the Gio Rio RHT stockings, they look and feel really classy, you can buy them on line.
I am going to a wedding with my family this weekend and my Mum ordered me a couple of pairs to wear.
I must confess they do feel good. The only problem I am told is that they are prone to wrinkling, all be it when I tried a pair on I did not notice any wrinkling.
Just thought a different brand might take away some of the unwanted attention!!!!
Hi Londonmyst.
I meant to say to you when we were last talking.
If you like nice nylon stockings, have you tried the Gio Rio RHT stockings, they look and feel really classy, you can buy them on line.
I am going to a wedding with my family this weekend and my Mum ordered me a couple of pairs to wear.
I must confess they do feel good. The only problem I am told is that they are prone to wrinkling, all be it when I tried a pair on I did not notice any wrinkling.
Just thought a different brand might take away some of the unwanted attention!!!!

I had 4 pairs of Gio Rio RHT, poorer quality than M&S.
The wrinkling problem is terrible but the limited life expectancy is even worse.

My first pair laddered after two hours exercising an obese chow chow.
Number two developed a large toe hole after 1 day and left me bleeding.
Pairs three and four each lasted less than 2 days but no cuts.
Made good stuffing for dog toys though. :biggrin:
I had 4 pairs of Gio Rio RHT, poorer quality than M&S.
The wrinkling problem is terrible but the limited life expectancy is even worse.

My first pair laddered after two hours exercising an obese chow chow.
Number two developed a large toe hole after 1 day and left me bleeding.
Pairs three and four each lasted less than 2 days but no cuts.
Made good stuffing for dog toys though. :biggrin:

Omg. They dont seem to be that good do they. Sounds like the worse is still to come!!!!
I'm thinking of getting some Christian Dior stockings [black ones]. I wear short skirts most days & I've never liked tights, they used to give me skin irritation so I hven't worn them since I was a kid. My usual look is bare legs & boots, but I feel like there's times I could do with a more sophisticated look plus I've got some other shoes I'd like to wear a bit more often & I find boots are a necessity if I'm going to have bare legs in cold weather. I've been looking at different brands of stockings online & everything I've seen about the Christian Dior ones seems like they're really good quality. If they're as durable as you say then they'll last ages for me- I wouldn't be wearing them that often. The short skirt, bare legs & boots combo has been my standard look for years & I'm going to keep it that way, just think I should vary things now and again. I'm thinking stockings could work well with some of my winter outfits but if I wore them as a regular thing it would be hard to get used to bare legs again. Normally I can put up with the cold all through winter, I'm so used to it that feeling cold air against my legs is no different to feeling it on my hands or face but if I've been wearing trousers for a few days & switch back to skirts I definitely notice it.

This is disgraceful behaviour, have you not reported these guys to anyone? I know how shocked & angry I'd be if someone tried to do this to me.
Original post by Alesha1991
I'm thinking of getting some Christian Dior stockings [black ones]. I wear short skirts most days & I've never liked tights, they used to give me skin irritation so I hven't worn them since I was a kid. My usual look is bare legs & boots, but I feel like there's times I could do with a more sophisticated look plus I've got some other shoes I'd like to wear a bit more often & I find boots are a necessity if I'm going to have bare legs in cold weather. I've been looking at different brands of stockings online & everything I've seen about the Christian Dior ones seems like they're really good quality. If they're as durable as you say then they'll last ages for me- I wouldn't be wearing them that often. The short skirt, bare legs & boots combo has been my standard look for years & I'm going to keep it that way, just think I should vary things now and again. I'm thinking stockings could work well with some of my winter outfits but if I wore them as a regular thing it would be hard to get used to bare legs again. Normally I can put up with the cold all through winter, I'm so used to it that feeling cold air against my legs is no different to feeling it on my hands or face but if I've been wearing trousers for a few days & switch back to skirts I definitely notice it.

This is disgraceful behaviour, have you not reported these guys to anyone? I know how shocked & angry I'd be if someone tried to do this to me.

I have recently bought some Christian Dior stockings in Black and Navy.
They are as Londonmyst says very good.
However you may have a slight issue if you are wearing stockings with short skirts.
I wear skirts just above the knee and adjust my suspenders so that I can wear my stockings high up the leg.
If the skirt is to short you may not get enough adjustment on the suspenders to pull it of.
Original post by Alesha1991

I need the job too much.
Half the guys on the divorce & mediation teams consider unwanted touching a perk of the job, with creepy perv comments a form of entertainment.
Some view it as dirty banter, others are trying their luck for a ons or just out to cause public humiliation to female staff.

One of the worst is the senior partner, a vicious groper with a never ending supply of sordid comments for all junior employees and some senior ones.
Foul bully as well as a creep.
Best way of dealing with him is to pretend not to be negatively affected by anything and turn his pervy remarks back on him.

A while ago he tried humiliating me in front of a divorce client making comments about the reason he can't see my cleavage- I nodded along and loudly agreed that his definitely is a lot bigger than mine. :tongue:
Client loved the joke and offered to recommend him to a gynaecomastia cosmetic surgeon so he can look like "a real man".
I need the job too much.
Half the guys on the divorce & mediation teams consider unwanted touching a perk of the job, with creepy perv comments a form of entertainment.
Some view it as dirty banter, others are trying their luck for a ons or just out to cause public humiliation to female staff.

One of the worst is the senior partner, a vicious groper with a never ending supply of sordid comments for all junior employees and some senior ones.
Foul bully as well as a creep.
Best way of dealing with him is to pretend not to be negatively affected by anything and turn his pervy remarks back on him.

A while ago he tried humiliating me in front of a divorce client making comments about the reason he can't see my cleavage- I nodded along and loudly agreed that his definitely is a lot bigger than mine. :tongue:
Client loved the joke and offered to recommend him to a gynaecomastia cosmetic surgeon so he can look like "a real man".

Hi Londonmyst I hope you are well.
Seems an unbelievable place that you work in.
I like your style though, throw it back at them, I wish I was as quick and as clever as you.
Now I can see why you wont wear your white stockings to work lol.
Omg I've just thought what would happen to you if they new you wore stockings, you would probably never get out of the building alive.

Quick Reply

Latest