The Student Room Group

Self help books

Can someone suggest me a good self help book about getting through university , dealing w mental health issues , being efficient and yk all that stuff ??

Or maby a book that just really changed your perspective of the world and yourself ?
Reply 1
Original post by SAPPHIRE368
Can someone suggest me a good self help book about getting through university , dealing w mental health issues , being efficient and yk all that stuff ??

Or maby a book that just really changed your perspective of the world and yourself ?

I've been reading 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson and it's really helped me develop as a person, I'd recommend giving it a shot if you're up for some reasonably heavy reading.
Original post by Onde
Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
The Power Of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential by Leo Babauta
Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy

Books I thought were less good, but still good:
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath
The Little Book of Talent: 52 Tips for Improving Your Skills by Daniel Coyle

You can probably borrow many of these for free if you create a free account at the Internet Archive website. I don't think my selection really answered your specific request though.

I'll try to read a little summary of what these books are mainly focussing on and decide which one is the best for me .
But thanks a ton , this really helped me x

Quick Reply

Latest