The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer August 2019

Hey, just wondering if anyone has applied for the recent opportunities with BF? I apples 22nd August for a role in Belfast, completed all the online testing and my application has been under review since. Patience is getting thin :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Keeya123
Hey, just wondering if anyone has applied for the recent opportunities with BF? I apples 22nd August for a role in Belfast, completed all the online testing and my application has been under review since. Patience is getting thin :frown:

I applied but the closing date was only August 30. It hasn't been very long in the grand scheme of civil service recruitment, I'd settle in for a while longer yet.
Reply 2
I too applied for Belfast and still haven’t heard back. They’re not working within the timeframes that they advised, I’m sure there’s a lot of applications to review
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3

If you check out some of the previous applicants from 2018, some of them had interviews approx 6/8 months after their applications and some are still waiting on reserve lists from that. So it is doubtful you will get feedback in the near future from Aug 30th campaign. Some have said 12-18 months timeline is an accurate level of waiting from start to finish of the whole recruitment process.
Keeya123, patience is really a big thing within this department during the application stages and trust me, once your're in it doesn't stop there. You will find that communications between departments are not there strongest areas.
Reply 5
I also applied around the same time for SE England and still waiting.
Reply 6
I’ve read a few threads on here and as I’m currently working for the police I understand that the process can be very long winded and strung out. The bit that I don’t understand is why on the applicant pack they have bothered with a timeline to say that shortlisting is on the 4th and interviews will take place on the 16th of September. It appears like the whole process actually takes about 12/18 months.....
Reply 7
Original post by Kebabman16723
Keeya123, patience is really a big thing within this department during the application stages and trust me, once your're in it doesn't stop there. You will find that communications between departments are not there strongest areas.

Update - just received the following email -

Your application has met the required standard. We will keep your application on hold for 12 months, and we will contact you as and when further opportunities for your location arise.

Could this be generic you didn’t get it but we will keep you on file kinda thing or just no positions at present 😣
Reply 8
Update - just received the following email -

Your application has met the required standard. We will keep your application on hold for 12 months, and we will contact you as and when further opportunities for your location arise.

Could this be generic you didn’t get it but we will keep you on file kinda thing or just no positions at present 😣

I’ve just received the exact same email I applied for Belfast the end of August. I’m not too sure whether this means there’s going to be interviews held or not
Is there any success stories from people who have been put on a reserve list?
Reply 10
Just received an email - applied for Heathrow -

Good afternoon,

Regards

Home Office Recruitment Team
Reply 11
Hi i had interview arranged for 22nd Oct and just got email today cancelling!..
this happened to me before in 2017 because of changes to recruitment strategy apparently. So looks like those who apply for Belfast posts are being let down yet again!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Got the same email this morning, absolutely gutted!! Did you go back on the wait list or have to reapply all over again this year?
Reply 13
Got the same email this morning, absolutely gutted!! Did you go back on the wait list or have to reapply all over again this year?

Got the same email. Devastated. Any idea what has changed or if this has happened before so we need to reapply?
Reply 14

Yes i had to reapply and go through the whole application process after it was cancelled the last time.
Reply 15
hi, just found this feed, I applied and got onto the waiting list, just wondering what the chances of actually getting a job when your on it?? applied for other things, but really would have liked to do this.
Reply 16
Original post by Stu76
hi, just found this feed, I applied and got onto the waiting list, just wondering what the chances of actually getting a job when your on it?? applied for other things, but really would have liked to do this.

Hi
Ive heard nothing since interviews were cancelled. But i believe process normally is very long winded. But it is worth the wait for a good career. Im still trying to stay positive and hope interviews are rescheduled soon.
Reply 17
Original post by Mjb.
Hi
Ive heard nothing since interviews were cancelled. But i believe process normally is very long winded. But it is worth the wait for a good career. Im still trying to stay positive and hope interviews are rescheduled soon.

I guess that's probably due to Wonderfull "Brexit"?? I guess their point is they won't employee people till they really need to. for me it's just deciding of whether there is actually a really chance of getting something in the next 12 months with being on the waiting list? with also applying for some graduate schemes I guess I'll just have to see if I get anything else and which comes up first! good Luck :smile:
Reply 18
Update - Just had notification emails for both Stansted and Tilbury interviews. July and August 2019.
Scored 34 overall with 2 x 6's on the behaviours.
Received the generic no current vacancies available so been placed on the reserve list for up to 12 months.
(edited 4 years ago)
Did anyone else hear back yesterday? I got the reserve list email. I know someone working in BF and they have confirmed it’s all Brexit related. Wondered if anyone has been offered a role straight away?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending