The Student Room Group

TSR Undergraduate Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Induction on thursday :sigh:

:console: Is that normally a bit dull for you? :redface:
Original post by 04MR17
:console: Is that normally a bit dull for you? :redface:

I think this one will be useful as we got built a new building for the design department (we needed it the old one was really cramped and prone to flooding which is a bit of a disaster when the PCs are in the basement..) so the induction will be showing us around the new building so we know where to go
Its just annoying cos i have a 1-1 psychotherapy appointment and so i will have to rearrange it again :colonhash:

How are you? :hugs:
Just noticed this thread. So.... you've essentially made a new Uni Chat thread? The old one had so much history tho. :sad:

rip
I think this one will be useful as we got built a new building for the design department (we needed it the old one was really cramped and prone to flooding which is a bit of a disaster when the PCs are in the basement..) so the induction will be showing us around the new building so we know where to go
Its just annoying cos i have a 1-1 psychotherapy appointment and so i will have to rearrange it again :colonhash:

How are you? :hugs:

New buildings are good. :yep: And knowing where to go is also good. :thumbsup:

I'm okay. :smile: Got some not wonderful news today which was that for one module we might not get essay questions until week 6. :angry: Which is really disappointing because it's on a topic I've done before, and I wanted to do the essay straight away so that I didn't have to worry about it. :frown:
Original post by 04MR17
New buildings are good. :yep: And knowing where to go is also good. :thumbsup:

I'm okay. :smile: Got some not wonderful news today which was that for one module we might not get essay questions until week 6. :angry: Which is really disappointing because it's on a topic I've done before, and I wanted to do the essay straight away so that I didn't have to worry about it. :frown:

:console: have you started back yet? :hugs:

This thread is super chill and wholesome, great job :hugs:
Original post by Snufkin
Just noticed this thread. So.... you've essentially made a new Uni Chat thread? The old one had so much history tho. :sad:

rip

Yes welcome. :smile:

Yeah there was an old thread but after multiple attempts at revival it wasn't really going anywhere. :frown: Hence, new year, new thread! :bl: :party: :blow: :banana:
:console: have you started back yet? :hugs:

This thread is super chill and wholesome, great job :hugs:

Moving down on Thursday and Freshers week starts this weekend for Keele. :colondollar:

Thanks. :heart:
Original post by 04MR17
Moving down on Thursday and Freshers week starts this weekend for Keele. :colondollar:

Thanks. :heart:

Ah :hugs: our freshers was this weekend i think
No problem :heart:
Original post by barror1
Honestly it just sounds like a UCAS convention then :laugh:

What's a UCAS convention?:confused:
Anyone else feel like they're completely overpacking :lol:
Original post by Lemur14
:giggle: What are you overpacking? :smile:
Summer clothes can basically be left behind at this point, just aim for now - Christmas on packing. :yep:

What things are you unsure about bringing?
Original post by 04MR17
:giggle: What are you overpacking? :smile:
Summer clothes can basically be left behind at this point, just aim for now - Christmas on packing. :yep:

What things are you unsure about bringing?

I pretty much wear the same clothes all the year round (with more or less jumpers) so clothes aren't an issue thankfully!
I think it's more I feel I have a lot of stuff, nothing really that I won't use except the large number of medicines my mum has provided!
Also storage space at uni is gonna be an issue which I guess is making me second guess what I'm bringing (but it's always gonna be an issue when 6 people come each bringing their own stuff to go in a single kitchen)
Original post by Lemur14
I pretty much wear the same clothes all the year round (with more or less jumpers) so clothes aren't an issue thankfully!
I think it's more I feel I have a lot of stuff, nothing really that I won't use except the large number of medicines my mum has provided!
Also storage space at uni is gonna be an issue which I guess is making me second guess what I'm bringing (but it's always gonna be an issue when 6 people come each bringing their own stuff to go in a single kitchen)
What are the biggest kitchen things you're bringing?:holmes:
Original post by 04MR17
What are the biggest kitchen things you're bringing?:holmes:

Probably the frying pan...or chopping board if we're judging by surface area :giggle:
Right now it's mostly just first years in and it gets so packed, how does it function with the other years in too? :afraid:
Reply 75
Original post by Lemur14

Not really although I'm probably going to be repacking the larger suitcase which has all my clothes in and some other bits of stuff for the 2nd time. :biggrin:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Not really although I'm probably going to be repacking the larger suitcase which has all my clothes in and some other bits of stuff for the 2nd time. :biggrin:

That would be because you're only taking two suitcases :tongue: I've got more than that (in size, although not in suitcases) and I haven't even packed clothes yet...
Original post by Lemur14
Probably the frying pan...or chopping board if we're judging by surface area :giggle:
Stack plates inside your frying pan (if it's wide enough) to maximise space. Also cutlery can be stored inside oven gloves so they don't break anything. :borat:
Original post by 04MR17
Stack plates inside your frying pan (if it's wide enough) to maximise space. Also cutlery can be stored inside oven gloves so they don't break anything. :borat:

Good idea about plates :yep: Not sure if they'll fit or not, the frying pan isn't especially wide :holmes: Cutlery is still in it's plastic container but it's pretty space efficient and won't break anything in there so I think I'll leave it...not sure it would fit in oven gloves without making them inefficient to pack actually :laugh:
Original post by Lemur14

Yes, but at the same time, I also don't think I've got enough :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest