The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE????

Im doing spanish gcse and im sooo worried because i don’t understand anything at all and i have to take higher. Does it get any easier? Any tips?
Reply 1
Do not take it if you do not enjoy learning Spanish. I made this mistake but somehow came out with a 6, but it wasn’t easy
Reply 2
Original post by 079rach
Im doing spanish gcse and im sooo worried because i don’t understand anything at all and i have to take higher. Does it get any easier? Any tips?

Hi I got an 8 in GCSE Spanish so here’s what worked for me:

If you have any free time do you some of the exercises in your textbook that you haven’t done in class because something similar may come up in the actual exam.

Quizlet.com is an amazing website that helps you learn vocabulary really easily - go through your text book and pick out of any vocab that you find difficult and use Quizlet to help you learn, I still use it today for A Level.

I really struggled with verb conjugations at GCSE so every week I would spend just 20 or 30 minutes revising a different tense or verb and in really helped just to refresh my memory of difficult tenses or a regular verbs

The speaking exam is arguably the easiest exam because there’s a lot you can prepare before you walk into the exam. So I would learn your general conversation like crazy so that you are prepared the any questions you get asked.

You actually have quite a bit of time in the reading exam so I would recommend reading every passage two times before you answer the questions to make sure you really understand it and for your writing exam, I would have a little checklist on the side of the paper of all tenses, vocab or sentence starters you want to include, especially since most mark schemes ask for at least three tenses (present, past, future) and if you can show more such as conditional or imperfect, that will impress the examiner.

I didn’t find Yr 11 particularly more difficult than Yr 10 because not only was my level of Spanish slightly higher but also the topics don’t become too much more dificult.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Original post by AHoek10
Hi I got an 8 in GCSE Spanish so here’s what worked for me:

If you have any free time do you some of the exercises in your textbook that you haven’t done in class because something similar may come up in the actual exam.

Quizlet.com is an amazing website that helps you learn vocabulary really easily - go through your text book and pick out of any vocab that you find difficult and use Quizlet to help you learn, I still use it today for A Level.

I really struggled with verb conjugations at GCSE so every week I would spend just 20 or 30 minutes revising a different tense or verb and in really helped just to refresh my memory of difficult tenses or a regular verbs

The speaking exam is arguably the easiest exam because there’s a lot you can prepare before you walk into the exam. So I would learn your general conversation like crazy so that you are prepared the any questions you get asked.

You actually have quite a bit of time in the reading exam so I would recommend reading every passage two times before you answer the questions to make sure you really understand it and for your writing exam, I would have a little checklist on the side of the paper of all tenses, vocab or sentence starters you want to include, especially since most mark schemes ask for at least three tenses (present, past, future) and if you can show more such as conditional or imperfect, that will impress the examiner.

I didn’t find Yr 11 particularly more difficult than Yr 10 because not only was my level of Spanish slightly higher but also the topics don’t become too much more dificult.

Hope this helps and good luck!

im doing spanish and this is rly helpful, thanks - "I really struggled with verb conjugations at GCSE so every week I would spend just 20 or 30 minutes revising a different tense or verb and in really helped just to refresh my memory of difficult tenses or a regular verbs".
Reply 4
Original post by joyceemx
im doing spanish and this is rly helpful, thanks - "I really struggled with verb conjugations at GCSE so every week I would spend just 20 or 30 minutes revising a different tense or verb and in really helped just to refresh my memory of difficult tenses or a regular verbs".

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest