The Student Room Group

Border Force 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helpingworld
Ah that sucks. I got number 3 so I believe that was my personal letter or whatever wasnt up to scratch.
I really had my Hope's up, are you planning on applying again in the future?

I wonder why I haven't been given my score on the sift feedback. Very strange.
Reply 81
Original post by Ahmad1075
I wonder why I haven't been given my score on the sift feedback. Very strange.

I have received mine either, don’t worry!
Original post by Aimsj
I have received mine either, don’t worry!

Hi there. Did you receive the "Your application has met the required standard ..." e-mail too?
Reply 83
Hi there. Did you receive the "Your application has met the required standard ..." e-mail too?

I did indeed!
Original post by Aimsj
I did indeed!

Excellent. All the best!
So, received my sift feedback and scored a 5 (Good demonstration), but application status still showing as "being reviewed" and no hint of an interview. I wonder whether they're prioritising the 6s and 7s for interview.
Any one got any other job ideas/back up plan. I really fancy doing something along this line of work but struggerling to think of what. What love to her idea!
Reply 87
So, received my sift feedback and scored a 5 (Good demonstration), but application status still showing as "being reviewed" and no hint of an interview. I wonder whether they're prioritising the 6s and 7s for interview.

Where have you applied for ?
Original post by Rhoden
Where have you applied for ?

Edinburgh and Glasgow
Reply 89
I'm not sure I think they working way from south to north it seems and if score high within that area for eg sift is high for Edinburgh just speculating I'm not sure but it seems like that hope and wish you all the best tho hope get an interview soon
Original post by Rhoden
I'm not sure I think they working way from south to north it seems and if score high within that area for eg sift is high for Edinburgh just speculating I'm not sure but it seems like that hope and wish you all the best tho hope get an interview soon

Be a while before they work their way up to Scotland then! Thanks... I'll post updates if I hear anything further
Reply 91
Be a while before they work their way up to Scotland then! Thanks... I'll post updates if I hear anything further

Ok and all the best good luck bro
Reply 92
I received an email stating that i had met the required standard as well.

I just checked my sift feedback and it says 4 Moderate Demonstration.

I was of the understanding a score of 4 referred to Acceptable Demonstration.

Can anyone clarify this please?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MG14
I received an email stating that i had met the required standard as well.

I just checked my sift feedback and it says 4 Moderate Demonstration.

I was of the understanding a score of 4 referred to Acceptable Demonstration.

Can anyone clarify this please?

Info available online does classify a sift score of 3 as Moderate demonstration and 4 as Acceptable demonstration, but this info is seemingly from 2015.

Perhaps they've made amendments to the scoring and haven't yet updated their online information to reflect this.

In any case, you've made it to the next stage so well done.
Reply 94
Info available online does classify a sift score of 3 as Moderate demonstration and 4 as Acceptable demonstration, but this info is seemingly from 2015.

Perhaps they've made amendments to the scoring and haven't yet updated their online information to reflect this.

In any case, you've made it to the next stage so well done.

Thank you for your reply!

I was looking online and was confused as it did state a 3 was Moderate and 4 was Acceptable.

I am not used to the Civil Service recruitment process but found the competency question pretty difficult to answer!

Fingers crossed for moving forward and good luck to you as well!
Original post by MG14
Thank you for your reply!

I was looking online and was confused as it did state a 3 was Moderate and 4 was Acceptable.

I am not used to the Civil Service recruitment process but found the competency question pretty difficult to answer!

Fingers crossed for moving forward and good luck to you as well!

Thank you. Civil Service recruitment is new to me as well. By all accounts it can be a frustratingly drawn out process. What location(s) have you applied for?
Reply 96
Thank you. Civil Service recruitment is new to me as well. By all accounts it can be a frustratingly drawn out process. What location(s) have you applied for?

I have applied for Glasgow and Edinburgh!

What about you?
Original post by MG14
I have applied for Glasgow and Edinburgh!

What about you?

The same, Edinburgh and Glasgow! Let's hope for some positive news about interview dates soon.
Got my interview scheduled for this week at Heathrow. Any tips guys? My first official interview ever? Applied on 15 July Border Force External.
Got my interview scheduled for this week at Heathrow. Any tips guys? My first official interview ever? Applied on 15 July Border Force External.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending