The Student Room Group

TSR Undergraduate Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dunya
Right now it's mostly just first years in and it gets so packed, how does it function with the other years in too? :afraid:
:lol: Is it freshers week where you are?:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
:lol: Is it freshers week where you are?:smile:

It start last Wednesday and a few events are still on here and there. Too. Many. People. 😓😓
Original post by Dunya
It start last Wednesday and a few events are still on here and there. Too. Many. People. 😓😓
I'm sure it will quieten down a little once everyone is into a routine. :smile: Though a Wednesday is a bit unusual.
Original post by 04MR17
I'm sure it will quieten down a little once everyone is into a routine. :smile: Though a Wednesday is a bit unusual.

Yeah on Monday and Tuesday I was walking around like a headless chicken. :groovy:
Original post by nyxnko_
Yes, but at the same time, I also don't think I've got enough :colondollar:

:lol: Also true... I doubt you're managing to overpack given you have a limited luggage allowance!
Original post by Lemur14
:lol: Also true... I doubt you're managing to overpack given you have a limited luggage allowance!

You would be surprised at the amount of rubbish I've already put in :wink:
Original post by vicvic38
What's a UCAS convention?:confused:

Idk if this is what barror means but when I went to the ucas convention twice it was just a load of uni stalls in some place in Manchester
Oooh PPE. What drew you to that combination? It's always intrigued me.

Well, I guess it’s a pretty fun degree for those of us interested in politics and the way society works :biggrin:

This needs appreciation for its brilliance so it is getting put here :proud:

Finally have news of my research project supervisor :woohoo:
super happy with my allocation!! :ahee:
Reply 89
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

This needs appreciation for its brilliance so it is getting put here :proud:

Finally have news of my research project supervisor :woohoo:
super happy with my allocation!! :ahee:

Yay for the allocation for your research project supervisor. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Yay for the allocation for your research project supervisor. :smile:

yay thank you! Super excited!
How are you doing? :woo:
Original post by CoolCavy
Idk if this is what barror means but when I went to the ucas convention twice it was just a load of uni stalls in some place in Manchester

That's the one! I came out with about 13 prospctuses my first time around :laugh:
Reply 92
yay thank you! Super excited!
How are you doing? :woo:

Good thanks. Moving to uni today - will update over on my GYG blog in due course about that. :smile:
Reply 93
York is a great Uni! It was my insurance choice. They have a really cool robotics department.

Wow
Are you interested in robotics?
What program languages can you use?
Seems math can easily turn into IT and AI or economy
Good thanks. Moving to uni today - will update over on my GYG blog in due course about that. :smile:

ooh all the best of luck :woo:
My bed is such a mess with unpacking. :laugh:
Reply 96
ooh all the best of luck :woo:

Can confirm all went well yesterday but I was just exhausted and took things at a steady pace. I went to explore the city a bit with my parents and got back to my accommodation for around 7pm after I was done at Morrisons (we got the taxi back which was cheap @ £5). 🙂

Also checked in with my cousin and she’s feeling a bit homesick but otherwise good + some friends from back home.
aw yay :hugs:
What have you got planned today? :smile:
York is so lovely :love:
nice :borat:

aww :cube: yeah can be a really big change to be away from home for some for the first time!
Can confirm all went well yesterday but I was just exhausted and took things at a steady pace. I went to explore the city a bit with my parents and got back to my accommodation for around 7pm after I was done at Morrisons (we got the taxi back which was cheap @ £5). 🙂

Also checked in with my cousin and she’s feeling a bit homesick but otherwise good + some friends from back home.
This week's reading all done. :thumbsup:
Oooh I'm a bit late but here it goes :woo:

Name: gcsemusicsucks :teehee:
Year: 2
University: St Andrews
Course: Maths
Drink of choice: any mango flavoured milkshake :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending